Why did the cast aways get a Dharma food shipment if the Dharma people have been dead for all these years?Why was there only one polar bear on the island?Why did the black smoke mutilate the pilot when the front of the plane had just crashed?Why did the first others that infultrated the crash surviors have super human strength, but the rest of the other don't?Why did the observation hub that had the TVs viewers into all the other stations and taking notes that went into the tubes that got sucked into the interweb thing that spit them out but nobody cared?Why am I hooked on this show with all these plot failures?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the cast aways get a Dharma food shipment if the Dharma people have been dead for all these years?
Ben could still contact Dharma offshore, and Dharma had no good reason to inquire beyond "results" the individual well-being of it's crew.
Why was there only one polar bear on the island?
I'm sure we'll see a few more during sweeps week
Why did the black smoke mutilate the pilot when the front of the plane had just crashed?
It's strongly against drunk driving? I think in the first couple of episodes they went to great lengths to make sure the viewing public would get hooked and not think this wasn't going to be "Gilligan's Island, v2.0"
Why did the first others that infultrated the crash surviors have super human strength, but the rest of the other don't?
They had superhuman strength in relation to the wimp they were fighting, with the added advantage of "element of surprise" in most spots.
Why did the observation hub that had the TVs viewers into all the other stations and taking notes that went into the tubes that got sucked into the interweb thing that spit them out but nobody cared?Why am I hooked on this show with all these plot failures?
A better question would be "if inputting the #s into the computer to stop the electromagnets from going haywire was so friggin' important, why in gods name was it left to human input when they could have easily run a program to achieve the same effect? I'm not sold on the "importance of obervational data on the subjects", it's far too important a task to put in jeopardy based upon a mere side project experiment.We're all hooked, because we care about the characters and want to know what happened. It's 10x the story of your typical action/crime/fantasy drama, even with the plotholes.
Why did the cast aways get a Dharma food shipment if the Dharma people have been dead for all these years?
Because, whatshisname was still in the hatch pushing the button.
Why was there only one polar bear on the island?
I think there are more running around
Why did the black smoke mutilate the pilot when the front of the plane had just crashed?
Forgot about that, also was the smoke what was rstling all the trees like a monster?
Why did the first others that infultrated the crash surviors have super human strength, but the rest of the other don't?
Forgot about that too.
Why did the observation hub that had the TVs viewers into all the other stations and taking notes that went into the tubes that got sucked into the interweb thing that spit them out but nobody cared?
This will most definately get used again
Why am I hooked on this show with all these plot failures?
Because your old
Why did the cast aways get a Dharma food shipment if the Dharma people have been dead for all these years?Why was there only one polar bear on the island?Why did the black smoke mutilate the pilot when the front of the plane had just crashed?Why did the first others that infultrated the crash surviors have super human strength, but the rest of the other don't?Why did the observation hub that had the TVs viewers into all the other stations and taking notes that went into the tubes that got sucked into the interweb thing that spit them out but nobody cared?Why am I hooked on this show with all these plot failures?
The people in the hatch needed food.There was more than one bear. Remember in season 3 when Locke was saving Eko from the polar bear? Charlie said "I thought Sawyer killed the polar bear" and Locke said "He killed a polar bear."Why did the black smoke do anything that it has done? Why did it leave when Eko looked at it but then killed Eko later?What superhuman strength? To show that everybody's job is not necesarily saving the world. The people who were taking notes were probably told that what they were doing was very important, but it obviously was not.Why is everybody.

How did they get the polar bears from the cages on the separate island back to the main island? Do you think the polar bears are trained not to attack the others? Also there were at least 2 of them. There was the one Sawyer shot with a gun, then there was the one Locke firesprayed to save Mr. Eko. There were also only 2 cages though, so I'm not sure if there are any more of them or not.

How did they get the polar bears from the cages on the separate island back to the main island? Do you think the polar bears are trained not to attack the others? Also there were at least 2 of them. There was the one Sawyer shot with a gun, then there was the one Locke firesprayed to save Mr. Eko. There were also only 2 cages though, so I'm not sure if there are any more of them or not.
If they were trained not to attack the others, what would be the point of the cages?
If they were trained not to attack the others, what would be the point of the cages?
The bear isn't going to be trained, unless you train it. There's a training process where they'd need to be safe. I'm just more curious how the bears got to the other island, I assumed the others would have had to transport them there. But I don't get why they'd transport them to the island they are living on unless they knew the bears wouldn't attack them.

Originally one of the theories about the polar bears was that Walt brought them there with his "powers". The first episode you see the polar bears you see Walt reading a comic with polar bears in it, just like the flashback where the bird flew into the window when he was reading the book on birds. However they kind of just put the Walt having "powers" story down, so who knows what the real reason is. I think it's just one of those things where they wrote themselves into a corner and have no way to get out of it.

Did anyone notice that the pilot of the plane was Matt Parkman (the cop) in Heroes?
Which explains why they killed him since he could read the minds of the others and then how could they trick the survivors?As far as how the polar bears got from one island to the other: Global warming melted the ice bridge between them obv.
As far as how the polar bears got from one island to the other: Global warming melted the ice bridge between them obv.
Doggy paddle is the easier answer :club:
Originally one of the theories about the polar bears was that Walt brought them there with his "powers". The first episode you see the polar bears you see Walt reading a comic with polar bears in it, just like the flashback where the bird flew into the window when he was reading the book on birds. However they kind of just put the Walt having "powers" story down, so who knows what the real reason is. I think it's just one of those things where they wrote themselves into a corner and have no way to get out of it.
Yes, I always wondered why they let this go or if they were just meesing with us to confuse us. But since they brought Walt back (4 years older lol) this may still have something to do with it.
Doggy paddle is the easier answer :club:
Polar Bear can swim miles in freezing Ocean. I think a leisurley swim in 80 degree water is doable.
I did not know this. It makes sense though.But why didn't the sharks get them?
I remember reading that the shark that attacked Michael in season 2 had the Dharma logo on it. I have looked back and have not found it, but maybe my TV is just not that good. does anybody have a screenshot of it?
this thread needs more polar bear talk/theories/rumors/speculation.also they stole lt daniels from the wire he was the mysterious black guy that talked to hurleyone shot deal or season 4 supervillian?
I do not think this was a one shot deal. He was too creepy. He is an oceanic attorney that is trying to get Hurley 'upgraded' and he forgot his business cards at home. And why did he ask "are they still alive?" I assume he is talking about the other survivors besides the Oceanic 6, but why did Hurley freak out then? And why did the black dude (it sounded he like he said his name was Mathew Abagail) leave so quickly?
I did not know this. It makes sense though.But why didn't the sharks get them?
The hockey sticks, duh. Look at your avatar, fercryingoutloud.
I remember reading that the shark that attacked Michael in season 2 had the Dharma logo on it. I have looked back and have not found it, but maybe my TV is just not that good. does anybody have a screenshot of it?I do not think this was a one shot deal. He was too creepy. He is an oceanic attorney that is trying to get Hurley 'upgraded' and he forgot his business cards at home. And why did he ask "are they still alive?" I assume he is talking about the other survivors besides the Oceanic 6, but why did Hurley freak out then? And why did the black dude (it sounded he like he said his name was Mathew Abagail) leave so quickly?
His name was Matthew Abaddon. I have a feeling he is going to me more of a mainstay character this year. If anyone played the flight 815 game that ran on a site from Dec 31-Jan 31, Abaddon was a clue used when you solved one of the puzzles. Here are some interesting things I pulled off the lostwiki site.-In Hebrew Abaddon means "destroyer," or "destruction". More precisely, this name comes from the Hebrew root word aleph-bet-daled, which means "lost".-In Job 26:6; Proverbs 15:11 Abaddon means "place of destruction", or "realm of the dead". In Revelation 9:11, it is personified as Abaddon, "Angel of the Abyss". Many biblical scholars believe Abaddon to be Satan or the antichrist. Others argue that is a mistaken view since the angel "Abaddon" possesses the keys to the Abyss into which Satan is hurled or imprisoned, indicating that he serves as Satan's "jailer" and must therefore be someone else.http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Matthew_AbaddonIm sure all of this was intended and I am sure Abaddon will continue in the show for awhile

In regards to all of this Polar Bear stuff I almost stopped watching after the 2nd or 3rd episode when Sawyer shot down a polar bear with a 9MM/45/40.No way in hell, this is possible. He could have unloaded the entire clip from 2 feet away into its skull and its nor dropping a Polar Bear. I have eaten Bear and talked to the guys that have shot them and the ammo needed, and that is for a black bear, polars bears are bigger, stronger and have more fat that a bullet would have to go through.

I am teh winnar! I finally got the episode to load, full catch up here tomorrow, can't wait. There better be some good discussions, or else.
It is showing at 8:00 tonight, before the new episode.

I don't get how you guys watch this week to week, I think i would have gotten really bored with it if I wasn't watching them back to back on DVD. The suspense between episodes isn't enough to make me worry about what's happening next week. Maybe if they did a better job explaining stuff, I'd be excited about it but most the weird shit just get left alone....

I don't get how you guys watch this week to week, I think i would have gotten really bored with it if I wasn't watching them back to back on DVD. The suspense between episodes isn't enough to make me worry about what's happening next week. Maybe if they did a better job explaining stuff, I'd be excited about it but most the weird shit just get left alone....
It's such a good show that we (the fans) can't wait to watch a new episode.
It's such a good show that we (the fans) can't wait to watch a new episode.
That was the most generic response I have ever heard.I like the show, but when you watch it week to week the poor excuse for cliff hanger endings each week seem really contrived and far less bearable than they are when you watch episodes several at a time.The worst part of it is the show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. At first it was a survival show, then it turned into mystery island, then it became supernatural weirdo island and then two factions at war island and now its who knows what while it doesn't bother explaining the mind fucks it tosses your way. This show will remain seriously irritating until the they explain the black smoke crap, the polar bears, and the 15 other things they just think people forget about.
The worst part of it is the show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. At first it was a survival show, then it turned into mystery island, then it became supernatural weirdo island and then two factions at war island and now its who knows what while it doesn't bother explaining the mind ****s it tosses your way. This show will remain seriously irritating until the they explain the black smoke crap, the polar bears, and the 15 other things they just think people forget about.
Hopefully that will be resolved because now the show knows how many more episodes there will be.Any thoughts on tonights episode? I was not too impressed-it was a filler episode and not as exciting as others.Here is my theory of Michael Abbadon (the black dude): Ben said that he has one of his people on their boat and I think it could possibly be him. I also think that he is the smoke monster and that is how Ben communicates with him.
Any thoughts on tonights episode? I was not too impressed-it was a filler episode and not as exciting as others.Here is my theory of Michael Abbadon (the black dude): Ben said that he has one of his people on their boat and I think it could possibly be him. I also think that he is the smoke monster and that is how Ben communicates with him.
.... so your telling be a skinny black guy who is hiring a hit team to get ahold of Ben, and then turning into a smoke monster and telling him that he is planning on sending a team of people after him?Can I get some of the drugs you are on?The metal package they were digging stuff out of had DHARMA on the gear, chances are he is with that organization and knows who Ben is and how he betrayed them with the native islanders. Seems like he wants revenge. The question you need to ask yourself why he recruited such a weird group. A archaeologist, a guy who talks to ghosts, a drunken pilot and I don't remember what the ditzy guy said he did but doesn't seem like much of a rescue squad.Also you need to recognize this man (Lance Reddick) comes from a show that is a lot better than Lost.The_Wire_Cedric_Daniels.jpg