Dear Ouch 8-s

Well, one of the purposes of getting one is my wife is addicted to WoW, and wants to use it for that.So is the one I linked to:2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T72004MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSBMobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset2GB PC5300 DDR2 SDRAM; upgadeable to 4GBnVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS with 256MB GDDR3 Discrete graphics Memory adequate for that? I looked at the WoW website, and they just say, for recommended:1.5 GHZ P4,1024 M Ram64MB Ram graphics, such as NVidia 5700 class or abovewhich is much higher than their 'minimum' requirements. It looks to me like the Toshiba exceeds their requirements in everyarea. The only drawback looks like the 1440X900 screen resolution.I'm trying to get out of this as cheaply as possible :club:
well, I don't play WOW but it looks like that laptop will do the trick more than nicely.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch? ^^^^ any ideas?
well i can't test because NBC won't allow canadians to watch their online videos (stupid copyright laws). i'm not sure what the problem could be (do flash movies use codecs?) but you could try updating your flash (or uninstall/reinstall) but that may already have been suggested. you could try downloading the video and playing it in VLC (firefox has an extension that will get the videos for you).
<br />my biology prof plays wow. I gotta say, I kinda look down on wow players.
Don't let my wife hear you, she'll cut your *** off.I thought it was a silly, too, but I'm starting to learn more about it since she plays, and it's fascinating in an absolutely geeky sort of way. The complexity of it is amazing, and the creators of the game have a great sense of humor and eye for detail. Here's a conversation I witnessed last night between two computer-generated characters:"Cookie, what's for dinner tonight, and don't say chicken again"."Oh, tonight is a fine roast veal in a burgundy and garlic sauce. For dessert it's the finest velvet cheesecake with a sauce of fresh berries and cream.""Really?!!?!"[Cookies pulls out a rifle and blasts a passing chicken.]"No, it's chicken again."I'm fascinated by it from a software geek point of view, too, the programming in it is amazing.But yeah, the people who devote their life to it are sort of amusing in the same way as people who attend Star Trek conventions. There are worse hobbies, but... hey, guys, remember, it's NOT REAL.
I'm fascinated by it from a software geek point of view, too, the programming in it is amazing.
How much is the monthly take through subscription fees? My roommate brags about how much money he could make selling his account when it's probably negative money overall.
How much is the monthly take through subscription fees? My roommate brags about how much money he could make selling his account when it's probably negative money overall.
Not sure, I think around $20. I thought they didn't allow you to sell accounts anymore, that you could face the banhammer for it?My understanding was that, for a while, if you played 6 or 8 hours a day, you could make a lot of money selling your characters, but, like all things, supply and demand took over, and prices started dropping so that you made around $1/hr or so for good players, so if you were playing anyway, you could make a few bucks, but it wasn't enough to get rich. But like I said, I didn't even think they allow it anymore.

I created a video using camtasia, but when I render it into a wmv file the audio is far too quiet (it has recorded at a decent volume).Even at full volume it's a whisper.Is there a simple way of resolving this (making the output louder)? Either in camtasia, or in another program like windows media encoder?

I created a video using camtasia, but when I render it into a wmv file the audio is far too quiet (it has recorded at a decent volume).Even at full volume it's a whisper.Is there a simple way of resolving this (making the output louder)? Either in camtasia, or in another program like windows media encoder?
i've never used camtasia, but is it only when rendering in wmv? or in any format?i'd look in camtasia for audio settings, but if you don't have any luck, i suppose you could mux a different audio stream in. www.doom9.org has lots of info on this stuff. i don't know too much, sorry.

do you have a small wmv file you could send for me to work on? i used to be sort of handy at fixing files, but i'd have to hack around for a while before i could write up a walkthrough.i'll poke around for a wmv to download.

do you have a small wmv file you could send for me to work on? i used to be sort of handy at fixing files, but i'd have to hack around for a while before i could write up a walkthrough.i'll poke around for a wmv to download.
there are some sites that have a nearly endless number of videos you can download, just saying.(cardrunners vids are mostly in wmv)
well i can't test because NBC won't allow canadians to watch their online videos (stupid copyright laws). i'm not sure what the problem could be (do flash movies use codecs?) but you could try updating your flash (or uninstall/reinstall) but that may already have been suggested. you could try downloading the video and playing it in VLC (firefox has an extension that will get the videos for you).
http://www.stickam.com/editMediaComment.do...p;mId=176385562This webpage does the same thing. Some flash videos work fine for me, so I don't think it's necessarily a flash issue. I don't know what is trying to load on these pages that is messing with my computer, but it does it in IE and Firefox.
no i won't, wmv is terrible to work with, none of the tools i use support it. check to see if the version of camtasia you are running is buggy.
Turns out it's a problem with that version of Camtasia.I've updated to the new version. Should fix the problem.

Dear Ouch-8s,What the shit? I get this far on a download (apparently 100%), and I can't get it to play. Yes, I tried highlighting it and hitting the big green "play" button. Sincerely,Speedz99utorrent1.JPG

Dear Ouch-8s,What the shit? I get this far on a download (apparently 100%), and I can't get it to play. Yes, I tried highlighting it and hitting the big green "play" button. Sincerely,Speedz99utorrent1.JPG
Right click.Open containing folder.Play file from there.
possibly after decompressing and installing codecs.
Doing who to my what now?Ok, I did the "open containing folder" thing. It shows 42 ".rar" files and one short video clip that seems to be a random one minute scene from the movie.Thoughts?
Doing who to my what now?Ok, I did the "open containing folder" thing. It shows 42 ".rar" files and one short video clip that seems to be a random one minute scene from the movie.Thoughts?
download winRAR and then double click the first rar file (either the lowest number if all numbered or the one that is .rar). this will decompress all the rar files into the movie. the clip is just a sample
download winRAR and then double click the first rar file (either the lowest number if all numbered or the one that is .rar). this will decompress all the rar files into the movie. the clip is just a sample
Ok, now it's saying"To get the password go tohttp://return.to/forgettingenter valid info and submitpassword will be the 3rdword on the next page."Would this be a bad idea?
LOLYou'll need to sign up for various things and give away loads of random details to get the password.Just download a different version.
qft