Ellsbury/santana Trade

I can't decide if I want the Sox to make the trade. I'm fine with them parting with Lester if they're getting a Cy Young lefty in return...but Jacoby is a guy I was looking forward to watching play for the next few years (at least)...he's a guy that makes almost every game exciting, versus getting a shut-down pitcher once very five games. I feel like Santana gives them a better chance to repeat, but I'd prefer them to not make the deal. If it was 2003 there's no way I'd say that.Thoughts?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't decide if I want the Sox to make the trade. I'm fine with them parting with Lester if they're getting a Cy Young lefty in return...but Jacoby is a guy I was looking forward to watching play for the next few years (at least)...he's a guy that makes almost every game exciting, versus getting a shut-down pitcher once very five games. I feel like Santana gives them a better chance to repeat, but I'd prefer them to not make the deal. If it was 2003 there's no way I'd say that.Thoughts?
The Twins just traded one of our pitchers away today so I dont foresee Santana going anywhere.I could be wrong, but last I heard it was one or the other who was being traded, not both.

i think Santana will end up with the mets with Carlos Garcia as the centrepiece of a deal.I wonder how today's Young/Garza deal will affect Minny's needs. If Yanks are willing to give up Hughes/Kennedy/Melky, that might get it done.

The Twins just traded one of our pitchers away today so I dont foresee Santana going anywhere.I could be wrong, but last I heard it was one or the other who was being traded, not both.
i think if they get two pitchers back, then they're back to even.
i think if they get two pitchers back, then they're back to even.
Duh, I understand that. My understanding from what I read in the Startrib was that they werent willing to get rid of BOTH of our pitchers, regardless if the trade was for two other pitchers.Like I said, I could be wrong. Minnesota never keeps anything worth keeping, going all the way back to the North Stars. Oh, we won the Cup? FOR SALE!And who needs KG anyway, right?Santana? He's expendable.Like I said, Minnesota never keeps anything worth keeping.
FUCK YOU!
Hey now. It's not like you got a horrible deal for KG...err...it's not like Ortiz ended up being one of the best signings in history...uh...well I'm sure whoever you get for Santana will work out well while he's getting another Cy Young with someone else.Also your state is ridiculously cold.
Duh, I understand that. My understanding from what I read in the Startrib was that they werent willing to get rid of BOTH of our pitchers, regardless if the trade was for two other pitchers.Like I said, I could be wrong. Minnesota never keeps anything worth keeping, going all the way back to the North Stars. Oh, we won the Cup? FOR SALE!And who needs KG anyway, right?Santana? He's expendable.Like I said, Minnesota never keeps anything worth keeping.
maybe you could try and stop being a cunt to me, eh?

A Chicago resident isn't allowed to be a Sox fan if his household income is over $45K.There are no valid Jewish Sox fans. You must be a come-lately after the big win.

A Chicago resident isn't allowed to be a Sox fan if his household income is over $45K.There are no valid Jewish Sox fans. You must be a come-lately after the big win.
I know you have trouble remembering this, but I'm not from Chicago. Also none of the players mentioned in the trade play for the White Sox.But, aside from those minor issues, I agree with you. I love the Sox/Cubs fans video.edit: In case you still don't get it, I'm talking about the Red Sox. I'm from Boston.
I know you have trouble remembering this, but I'm not from Chicago. Also none of the players mentioned in the trade play for the White Sox.
Redsox I guess
You've expressed enough knowledge about the city that you can be considered an 'interested party' no matter where you live and as such you're subject to all income requirements and means-testing for Chicago baseball team selection. Now either marry a black chick from the southside or STFU about the Sox.
What's wrong with you tonight? I...am...talking...about...the...Boston...Red...Sox.edit: ah, i see you figured it out
Also your state is ridiculously cold.
If it wasnt ridiculously cold here, David Lee Roth wouldnt have been able sing about northern girls keeping their boyfriends warm at night!! So put that in your pipe and smoke it1
maybe you could try and stop being a cunt to me, eh?
umm, what?

I'm unsure as well.If Jacoby hadn't played a major league game yet, I'd be all for it, but for him to come in and start spanking like he did....it makes it hard, even if the deal is to get a 2 time Cy Young winner.

I'm unsure as well.If Jacoby hadn't played a major league game yet, I'd be all for it, but for him to come in and start spanking like he did....it makes it hard, even if the deal is to get a 2 time Cy Young winner.
LOL you Sox fans are high.Potentially one of the best pitchers of our generation. This is a no-brainer. By the time Ellsbury is hitting his stride, he's gone to free agency.Oh wait, you'd be willing to pay for him? Then just sign him as a free agent after those couple years in Minnesota are up.You Sox fans *suck* at being the evil empire. Just plain *suck* at it, at times.I mean seriously.. You hate to see Ellsbury on the Twins or something? Imagine Santana on the Yankees, Angels, or Mets. Yeah, I thought so.This is a really, REALLY, easy decision. Even aadams wouldn't be able to argue it with me, and I'm 95% sure he's on my side here regardless.Add Santana and let Minny low-rent Ellsbury until he's ready to be your destroyer in CF. Win/Win. You may be stuck playing Coco Crisp, but hey, someone's gotta bat 9th, right?
OMG MODS!!!!! THIS SHOULD BE IN THE BASEBALL FORUM!!!! WTF!?!?!?
I admit, it stuck out like a sore thumb.. First I realized scram wasn't the OP, and *then* I realized it was about teh baseball.

Looks like this new GM is more willing to make big changes unlike the last GM, as evidenced by yesterday's trade.It would be smart to trade Santana and get something for him before the year ends and he is gone without getting anything in return. Cause you know there isn't a way they are giving Santana a contract anywhere near what hes worth.

Im starting to think that some Boston area sports fans banded together and sold their souls to the Devil for all this success. If the Sox get Santana I'll know for sure.
QFT...100%