Attacked At Poker Bar

I was wondering if there are any lawyers on our forum, I was playing poker at a club Saturday night, when I was assaulted by a bouncer. I had a few questions about it. I would go into the story if it was interesting but it was literally pointless, the bouncer must have been having a bad day because when I knocked over a pole holding a rope out front he just attacked me from behind, my friends got in between him and me and we left... I suffered a concussion and just the basic black eye and bleeding from your normal run of the mill suckerpunch...Anyways if any of you are lawyers and have a few moments, PM me or IM me, my aim sn is woodr 85

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, there has to be more. Let me get this srtaight, You accidently knocked over a rope pole and a bouncer jumped you and beat the crap out of you to the point where you got a concussion? And you didn't call the police immediately?

Um, there has to be more. Let me get this srtaight, You accidently knocked over a rope pole and a bouncer jumped you and beat the crap out of you to the point where you got a concussion? And you didn't call the police immediately?
QFMFT*L*T*
I'm interested into the response to this question.

I've already pressed charges through the police, I'm looking to maybe sue the establishment who employed the individual and the individual himself. The lawyer that my father keeps on retainer is not an expert in personal injury law, so I was hoping someone on here would be more knowledgeable. And yes, I literally was leaving with my friends, knocked over the rope that blocks the door, the bouncer saw this, ran outside and suckerpunched me in the back of the head, I fell over, my friends got in between, we left and called the police from down the street...

I've already pressed charges through the police, I'm looking to maybe sue the establishment who employed the individual and the individual himself. The lawyer that my father keeps on retainer is not an expert in personal injury law, so I was hoping someone on here would be more knowledgeable. And yes, I literally was leaving with my friends, knocked over the rope that blocks the door, the bouncer saw this, ran outside and suckerpunched me in the back of the head, I fell over, my friends got in between, we left and called the police from down the street...

well in my years of law i usually return with 5-10 of my buddys and we beat/kidnap said bouncer and were the ones getting charged ..but yea your way is better u might get some nice money outta this instead of bail and lawyer fees a friend of mine was killed in a bar fight and its been about 4-5 years now and his parents are still going thre trials for suing the bar.gl tho

The bouncer obviously has a soft spot in his heart for those rope-holding poles. Sometimes people get hurt when you look out for the little guys.sw.In all seriousness.... hope everything heals well?

I'm too lazy to FYP, but FYPI lost 4 buy-ins playing 1/2NL. Since I normally play online, I didn't know how to act in a public situation. After berating the other players, who sucked so badly, the floor asked me to leave. I continued being loud, yelling at the floor person. My buddies cashed out quickly since they were riding in my car and knew I was so steamed that I wasn't going to wait for them. If only I had realized the front bouncer was aware of my unstable rant, I wouldn't have kicked the first thing that I saw while exiting that fine establishment. Hell, I didn't even see the dude until my ass was on the ground.

That's crazy that they're still in the process of suing the bar for your friend... sorry bout that. I was hoping for a nice score to boost the roll haha. And seriously that is the entire story, I have never seen anything happen like this in my life I have no idea what prompted this guy to attack me in such a way, throughout the entire escapade the only words I said to the bouncer was wtf after I had been hit, and then I just left, people like that are retarded and belong in jail.

I'm too lazy to FYP, but FYPI lost 4 buy-ins playing 1/2NL. Since I normally play online, I didn't know how to act in a public situation. After berating the other players, who sucked so badly, the floor asked me to leave. I continued being loud, yelling at the floor person. My buddies cashed out quickly since they were riding in my car and knew I was so steamed that I wasn't going to wait for them. If only I had realized the front bouncer was aware of my unstable rant, I wouldn't have kicked the first thing that I saw while exiting that fine establishment. Hell, I didn't even see the dude until my ass was on the ground.
LOL sounds way more plausibleWell done.
Why does this sound like a rich punk out drinking with buddies getting into it with some minimum wage bouncer and falling flat on his ass and when the bouncer come out to give him a hard time the guy can't keep his mouth shut so the bouncer puts him back down?I can hear him walking away: "That's it. I'm gonna talk to my dad and sue you - I'm gonna own this place and you're gonna be working for me!"
...or, yeah, this sounds more like it.

Meh, I believe the story.1. Internet poker players usually don't act all crazy live. They stay quiet and try not to look stupid handling their chips. From my experience live players act like much bigger douches than online in a live setting.2. I know a lot of bouncers. They are kinda crazy and often roided up, in addition to getting free alcohol.3. Why post it on a message board? If he was going to sue the guy cuz he's a rich kid why not just do it on his own time?Instead he comes off like a dude who got his ass whooped and is angry about it. I think that's believeable.

I'm getting the vibe that you are definitely leaving something out in the interest of making this sound better for you and worse for the bouncer. I suspect you were:1)Being a drunkass earlier in the night and had already been worned.2)Kicked over the ropes on purpose and are not pretending it was an accident in the hopes of taking money from this bar and the bouncer3)Are a douche and deserved the punch, and probably deserve much more.

OK, surely everyone that has read the OP must be thinking this;WTF is a "pole holding a rope"Do you mean one of those barrier type things (like those things to make ques go more smoothly)Anyways, by the sounds of things, you migh have a case. But I don't really have any idea so I doubt there's any point me trying to give good advice.Just interested to know what that pole thing is

I've seen bouncers do some ridiculous things to people who really did'nt deserve it at all. In Windsor it's gotten pretty bad, and the cops are always on the bouncers side, in all the messed up things I've seen I've never once heard of the victim getting anywhere in attempting to press charges, same thing with the police beating the shit out of 19 year olds. Hope you get some reprisal.

If there isn't more to the story and the bouncer really attacked you for no reason, then yes, definitely sue.Retards in "authority positions" (be it actual authority or just perceived) need to be firmly smacked down whenever they get out of line. If there is more to the story- if you somehow instigated it or were acting out of line (even if you have "deniability" but you really know inside that you were starting shit) write it off to a deserved asswhipping and move on.