Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

Two teams I hate playing..One is the old Boston Bruins and the other is the Friday night in Buffalo road game.I hate this game..I have numerous occasions of bad memories..Goals come in bunches, three goal leads disappear...Losses mount, last second goals seem to magically go in the net..Early 2-0 deficits in the first 5 minutes are common..Hopefully we will have a good game..Good luck Adam, its a very big divisonal game and it looks like we might be battling it out all year..Connolly comes home, probably to a lot of boos.Good luck

Two teams I hate playing..One is the old Boston Bruins and the other is the Friday night in Buffalo road game.I hate this game..I have numerous occasions of bad memories..Goals come in bunches, three goal leads disappear...Losses mount, last second goals seem to magically go in the net..Early 2-0 deficits in the first 5 minutes are common..Hopefully we will have a good game..Good luck Adam, its a very big divisonal game and it looks like we might be battling it out all year..Connolly comes home, probably to a lot of boos.Good luck
I don't really understand booing former players, to me it's just bad taste. Besides, it's not like he's really gone...the Ghost of Tim Connolly is still buttraping us with injury after injury this season. Put every last dime you have on Toronto to win tonight, Buffalo has been atrocious at home this season and there's no signs of it getting any better.
I don't really understand booing former players, to me it's just bad taste. Besides, it's not like he's really gone...the Ghost of Tim Connolly is still buttraping us with injury after injury this season. Put every last time you have on Toronto to win tonight, Buffalo has been atrocious at home this season and there's no signs of it getting any better.
I hope you are right..:club:
I understand booing former players but only in very specific circumstances. Lebron james in Cleveland or Dany heatley in Ottawa, for example.
Yeah, LeBron definitely deserves to be lambasted in Cleveland, that goes without saying. But booing a player who left on good terms...that's just sad.
I understand booing former players but only in very specific circumstances. Lebron james in Cleveland or Dany heatley in Ottawa, for example.
Not all former players get booed..Instances where former players are loved..Mats Sundin..Teemu Selanne will get a sick ovation...But a loser like Vince Carter deserves to be booed..Roy Halladay and Vernon Wells NO WAY..Class people all the way..
Ok so this is pretty cool..There has been 9 games played since the bet..The Sabres have 8 pts...The 10th game is against ......THE LEAFS..So I am freerolling...If Sabres win, we push...If Leafs win I win.
wow the Sabres suck. I just checked, your right, you are freerolling. And it was a bunch of home games too.I think my Leafs jersey has a blood stain on it. Can I borrow yours? :club:
wow the Sabres suck. I just checked, your right, you are freerolling. And it was a bunch of home games too.I think my Leafs jersey has a blood stain on it. Can I borrow yours? :club:
Lol sure..I may give you the old #32...Not Steve Thomas...Scroll down for the answer..Daniel Marois baby
Not all former players get booed..Instances where former players are loved..Teemu Selanne will get a sick ovation...
In Toronto? I'm confused...Unless you're talking about when he goes back to Winnipeg.
Would you happen to have an Ihnacak or Frycer? Ill even accept a Damphousse or Fergus.
lol no..but I loved #14 Miroslav Frycer...Fergus was great on faceoffs...Vinny D is classic..Ihnacak brothers were cool too.Man the flashbacks of the 80s you just gave.
In Toronto? I'm confused...Unless you're talking about when he goes back to Winnipeg.
yes sorry..Selanne in Winnipeg on Saturday night.
Not all former players get booed..Instances where former players are loved..Mats Sundin..Teemu Selanne will get a sick ovation...But a loser like Vince Carter deserves to be booed..Roy Halladay and Vernon Wells NO WAY..Class people all the way..
Each Pens player that has come back in the last few years was treated with a video at a commercial break and standing ovation. Scuderi, Gonchor, and Eaton come to mind. The 29th will be interesting with the return of Talbot and Jagr. Talbot is guaranteed to be given a HUGE ovation when the video is shown but I'm guessing there will be people that boo him when he touches the puck. Jagr is going to get boo'd every time he thinks, moves, or breaths.I will not bee booing either one of them.
Each Pens player that has come back in the last few years was treated with a video at a commercial break and standing ovation. Scuderi, Gonchor, and Eaton come to mind. The 29th will be interesting with the return of Talbot and Jagr. Talbot is guaranteed to be given a HUGE ovation when the video is shown but I'm guessing there will be people that boo him when he touches the puck. Jagr is going to get boo'd every time he thinks, moves, or breaths.I will not bee booing either one of them.
Correct me if Im wrong...Has Jagr said anything bad in the press about the Pens? Other than not signing with them, I dont think he has been negative..If he did the Jagr salute after he scores the winning goal(hypothetically) would you be happy?

Imagine Sundin was still good and playing in Europe. he decides to come back to the NHL and it is widely rumoured that the leafs are frontrunners, and they have made an offer for him. Instead, he signs with the Habs.I think it would be something like that.

Correct me if Im wrong...Has Jagr said anything bad in the press about the Pens? Other than not signing with them, I dont think he has been negative..If he did the Jagr salute after he scores the winning goal(hypothetically) would you be happy?
That I know, he hasn't said a thing about the Pens at all. Jagr was always a booing target here after he left town the first time. If he would have signed with....Colorado (just picking a team that Pgh has no rivalry I can think of at all) most fans would have boo'd him when he came back this year. After almost (according to some) signing here and a lot of people thinking he lied or turned his back on Mario then signed with the team most hated by most Pens fans, he's going to get it big time.I will feel the same if he scores the game winning goal with or without the salute: Mad we lost to the Flyers but I don't lose my shit over regular season games.I will not be booing him.
Imagine Sundin was still good and playing in Europe. he decides to come back to the NHL and it is widely rumoured that the leafs are frontrunners, and they have made an offer for him. Instead, he signs with the Habs.I think it would be something like that.
Well ok if that happened, it would be REALLY tough to cheer for him...Its like a marriage I guess...You have 15 great years together, but if it ends badly you dont like the person very much(in some cases)..

People booed Fedorov every time he came back to the JLA. Never understood it. I clapped if I was at the game. Without Fedorov we might not have one a couple of those Cups we like to brag about so I don't get the hatred. I also never understood the Hossa booing either. He played one season. Get the eff over it. Hell I have never ever liked Hossa and I still wouldn't boo him. He scored us 40 goals that one season. No reason to boo a guy who gives you something you didn't have for years before him and not since.

People booed Fedorov every time he came back to the JLA. Never understood it. I clapped if I was at the game. Without Fedorov we might not have one a couple of those Cups we like to brag about so I don't get the hatred. I also never understood the Hossa booing either. He played one season. Get the eff over it. Hell I have never ever liked Hossa and I still wouldn't boo him. He scored us 40 goals that one season. No reason to boo a guy who gives you something you didn't have for years before him and not since.
excellent post, could not agree more.

"He's not the only crab I've seen with nice legs" - Harry Neale, commenting on Joey Crabb's skating ability. I love that senile old man. Ever since a couple years ago when he advocated Sabres' teammates taking each other aside in the locker room and punching each other in the face to wake up.

I cant believe how close I came to having to don the putrid blue+white. Thank god I can go on wearing my Green.
lucky man..I will win that bet sometime before the year is over.Lets think of another one