Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

What's up with Leino? 5pts only?
Bad fit combined with mostly poor effort. He doesn't put any real effort into shooting the puck with the goal in mind of having it go in...his wristshots are beer-league soft and he has no slapper I'm aware of. Lousy on faceoffs, not very good defensively...his only real contribution to the team is the fact that he's pretty good in the corners and tough to take off the puck, which makes him a good guy to carry the mail in the offensive zone. Problem is that his shot is terrible and he's not a very good passer, so rather than getting stripped of the puck he just tosses it at the net for an easy save or turns it over on an errant pass more often than not. Very much not impressed with Leino at all. Even less impressed than I thought I'd be, and I was never really a fan of the signing to begin with. When I heard that he was looking for $4.5 million per from Philly I remember chuckling to myself and thinking that the Flyers would be asinine to give him that kind of money. Then...lo and behold...<facepalm>
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

Friendly wager for the Sabres next 10 games? over/under 10 pts?10pts is a push. You name the stakes.(I might be there Tuesday for the Islanders game, so this will give me something to root for)
I didnt even look at the schedule..but the wager is on..Its a friendly wager for a beer or beverage of your choice at our next meeting.Deal?
Ennis back any time soon? Hope so...need Pts in my keeper league lol
My guess is within the week you'll be seeing Ennis back, he's stating almost at 100% in practice but from what I understand he had a minor setback that is keeping him out of games.
I didnt even look at the schedule..but the wager is on..Its a friendly wager for a beer or beverage of your choice at our next meeting.Deal?
Stakes: If I lose. at the next AHL draft that we attend, I wear a Leafs jersey. If you lose, I bring a Whalers jersey, and you wear it. At least for the junior draft portion. Deal? Or, Im willing to do anything else thats just plain fun.
Listen, I'm using their goalies vs you in the FCHL. Shut up.Hawks put up 6, Hossa (THEIR LEADING SCORER) has 0 pts. GOD DAMNIT IT ALL.
At least Drew MacIntyre got some exercise in. Besides, you're still going to win.

Going to Buffalo tonight right after work to see NYI vs Buffalo. Friends an Islander fan, so he talked me into it. At $60 for a 4th row ticket to an NHL game, he didnt have much convincing to do. I hate MLSE.

Going to Buffalo tonight right after work to see NYI vs Buffalo. Friends an Islander fan, so he talked me into it. At $60 for a 4th row ticket to an NHL game, he didnt have much convincing to do. I hate MLSE.
Nice. I sat 4th row one time in Buffalo. We sat right by the Zamboni entrance. We got lucky and got a T-Shirt and a game puck.Also watch out they have RIDE right by the Peace Bridge sometimes.
Nice have fun..
NO HD feed means dumbness.
Any game that features two MSG network teams will do this. They are feuding with the NHL about something, been like that for a couple years now. I haven't listened in a while, but Bettman's weekly radio show used to get a guy call in every single week asking for updates about this situation. It's completely retarded. Luckily, there are far better games than Buf/NYI on tonight for those of us not in their respective local zones (who would get HD).
Tickets: $60 USFood+Drink: $20 for 2lbs of wings at the Anchor Bar+popParking: $3, two blocks away$83 to go see an NHL game, and sit two rows behind the Sabres bench. We were yelling at Lindy Ruff to sit the F down cause he kept standing in the 3rd period. Im pretty sure I couldnt get into the ACC without having spent $150, and thats for standing room+parking+$7 cokes.I wish I wasnt so lazy about posting pics, pretty sick seats.
Tickets: $60 USFood+Drink: $20 for 2lbs of wings at the Anchor Bar+popParking: $3, two blocks away$83 to go see an NHL game, and sit two rows behind the Sabres bench. We were yelling at Lindy Ruff to sit the F down cause he kept standing in the 3rd period. Im pretty sure I couldnt get into the ACC without having spent $150, and thats for standing room+parking+$7 cokes.I wish I wasnt so lazy about posting pics, pretty sick seats.
Im glad you had a good time..But the ACC thing has been overplayed..You get what you pay for..Oshawa General seats are $15..(ducking head)
You could have got mugged parking so far away.
Im glad you had a good time..But the ACC thing has been overplayed..You get what you pay for..Oshawa General seats are $15..(ducking head)
I get your a Leafs fan, but I dont understand what you mean by "you get what you pay for".This isnt the Generals, and its certainly not the AHL either. This is an NHL game.Im not trying to insult you, but for some of us, its "hockey fan who's favourite team happens to be ________", not the other way around.I enjoy watching two teams that I have no allegiance to. Granted I was cheering for my pool guys (lol), but I just enjoy being able to watch the best hockey in the world, without feeling gouged. I understand as a Leafs fan you think its an inferior product to watch 2 NHL teams, but I dont.