Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

How much is a lower bowl seat at the ACC?My dad's seats are $125 each5124239479_0857cb0555.jpgWe have been in the league just as long as the Leafs and I will assume we have more banners.
FYIToronto Maple Leafs: 13(Includes wins under previous franchise names: Toronto Arenas and Toronto St. Pats)1918, 1922, 1932, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1951, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1967Detroit Red Wings: 111936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

Ive seen an NBA game in Boston. Great crowd, and I grew up with the Celtics-Lakers, Bird-Magic, so that was cool for me. Wasnt the old Garden though, that would have been nice.
I've been to a handful of different places for NHL, NBA, and MLB. No NFL games. A few college games, but nothing huge. MSG for NHL and NBA was one of my best experiences. Either that or the old Forum for a Lakers game.
FYIToronto Maple Leafs: 13(Includes wins under previous franchise names: Toronto Arenas and Toronto St. Pats)1918, 1922, 1932, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1951, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1967Detroit Red Wings: 111936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008
Also, the Toronto franchise entered the nhl in 1917 (as the Arenas), while Detroit didn't enter until 1926 (as the Cougars).
Your list is very similar to mine, except the Leafs thing. I dont know where you live, so Im not sure what your home team is or what your experience is. Ive never met anyone who doesnt live in Toronto tell me that the ACC would be their bucketlist place for seeing a hockey game. Ive seen an NBA game in Boston. Great crowd, and I grew up with the Celtics-Lakers, Bird-Magic, so that was cool for me. Wasnt the old Garden though, that would have been nice.Lately Im thinking same as you....I want to see an Auburn-Alabama game.Saw the Freshman Five at Michigan, but never seen a coll football game.One of the greatest sporting events I went to was an Inter Milan Champions League game. 80,000 fans, all singing, chanting...unbelievable experience.Also, I agree with Zach that the Tampa arena was very nice. I love seeing different sporting events in different cities. I really should do more road trips with my buds.
I honestly dont get your "hate" against this Toronto franchise , and why its to this extent. The notion that the ACC isnt a great place for a hockey game is just absurd..If you think there is no buzz or excitement in this city for the Leafs, just go to Real Sports an hour or two before the game. Just walk up from the subway or the go train. Just go to any one of 1000 sports bars in the city to see the passion for hockey in this town.It might not be the loudest arena, because it isnt filled with retarded drunks who dont get the game of hockey. I guarantee you its the most historic rink..Full of people that have been watching this team for years, with their sons and grandsons and daugthers. Its a much different experience other than what you see the "suits" doing in the platinums.I get the notion that you like to take your son to see a game and sit in platinums without spending a boat load..Of course I feel the same way...But I also would like to take my wife every night to eat at Harbord 60 and Canoe but it doesnt happen right? Do you complain in front of these restaurants why it costs 5 times as much for a meal at some other places?You get what you pay for...
I honestly dont get your "hate" against this Toronto franchise , and why its to this extent. The notion that the ACC isnt a great place for a hockey game is just absurd..If you think there is no buzz or excitement in this city for the Leafs, just go to Real Sports an hour or two before the game. Just walk up from the subway or the go train. Just go to any one of 1000 sports bars in the city to see the passion for hockey in this town.It might not be the loudest arena, because it isnt filled with retarded drunks who dont get the game of hockey. I guarantee you its the most historic rink..Full of people that have been watching this team for years, with their sons and grandsons and daugthers. Its a much different experience other than what you see the "suits" doing in the platinums.I get the notion that you like to take your son to see a game and sit in platinums without spending a boat load..Of course I feel the same way...But I also would like to take my wife every night to eat at Harbord 60 and Canoe but it doesnt happen right? Do you complain in front of these restaurants why it costs 5 times as much for a meal at some other places?You get what you pay for...
The most historic rink?
The most historic rink?
Yes....Not the physical building obviously, but the "rink"..Did you guys know that Leafs nation is the passion that unites us all?
Yeah, I knew they had 2 more cup banners but I was thinking total banners. I am now curious and will seek out the full amount of banners hanging in each rink.
Yeah, I knew they had 2 more cup banners but I was thinking total banners. I am now curious and will seek out the full amount of banners hanging in each rink.
Are you going to include all those banners in the ACC honouring players? :club:
Are you going to include all those banners in the ACC honouring players? :club:
I was thinking of not using retired players as we have a bunch as well. Still looking for Maple Leafs info but Detroit has at a minimum of 50 banners.11 Cup Banners6 President Trophy Banners6 Clarence Campbell Banners11 Prince of Wales Banners3 Norris Division Champ banners13 Central Division Champ Banners
If I could watch one game at any arena/stadium/whatever in each sport it would be:NHL - TorontoNBA - Boston (only because I've already seen a game at Madison Square Garden)MLB - Wrigley FieldNFL - Green BayCollege football - either Ohio State or one of the big-time traditional SEC schools (Alabama, Auburn...)College basketball - DukeSoccer - um, Wembley Stadium? They play soccer there, right?
The places I want to watch:NHL - Toronto (I only live 10 mins away)NBA - LA Staples CentreMLB - FenwayNFL - Lambeau Field especially in DecemberCollege Football - Ohio State gameCollege Basketball - maybe Duke but other than that really no interestSoccer - I would like to experience it once but really no interestI have been to a few places to see games but the one that I always remember is Wrigley. Old Chicago Stadium was good to however for the wrong reasons.

NHL - United Center Chi vs DetNBA - No desire to ever see a NBA game. MLB - Dodger Stadium and surviveNFL - I love going to Ford FieldCollege Football - Boise StateCollege Basketball - Breslin Center (MSU)Soccer - Emirates Stadium (Arsenal)

These things I didnt say, nor do I believe. Pretty sure never posted anything like this:

your "hate" against this Toronto franchise , and why its to this extent. notion that the ACC isnt a great place for a hockey game is just absurd..you think there is no buzz or excitement in this city for the Leafs
This I disagree with
it isnt filled with retarded drunks who dont get the game of hockey.
I think there are quite a few drunks at ACC, just like at other arenas, who act inappropriately.I also think the ACC is filled with quite a few people who dont know much about hockey, like other arenas.
But I also would like to take my wife every night to eat at Harbord 60 and Canoe but it doesnt happen right? Do you complain in front of these restaurants why it costs 5 times as much for a meal at some other places?
No, I dont complain in front of the restaurant. I just post about it on the basketball forum at PhilIveypoker.com, and bitch to my friends there about it.But, if suddenly Harbour Sixty had a monopoly on all Triple A steaks in the GTA area, yeah, Id be considering picketing. I dont care how much they charge for their steaks, cause I have a choice of where to buy the best steaks within a 100 mile radius. (Just pointing it out again since you miss the point of my last 5 posts, and keep telling me about the history of the water they use to make the ice at the 12year old ACC, instead of providing an opinion on why there isnt a 2nd NHL team in the GTA)
You get what you pay for...
In my opinion, in this case, only if you think historical success before my birth is more important than success in my lifetime.Im happy for you that you think of the Leafs with such high regard and get such satisfaction from their games. I dont begrudge you this. I just see things different then you, and many other Leafs fans who dont really care about the NHL beyond its impact on the Leafs. I realize its smart for the Leafs to not have another NHL team to compete with them, but dont ask me to ignore how their business practice affects my entertainment.
These things I didnt say, nor do I believe. Pretty sure never posted anything like this:This I disagree withI think there are quite a few drunks at ACC, just like at other arenas, who act inappropriately.I also think the ACC is filled with quite a few people who dont know much about hockey, like other arenas.No, I dont complain in front of the restaurant. I just post about it on the basketball forum at PhilIveypoker.com, and bitch to my friends there about it.But, if suddenly Harbour Sixty had a monopoly on all Triple A steaks in the GTA area, yeah, Id be considering picketing. I dont care how much they charge for their steaks, cause I have a choice of where to buy the best steaks within a 100 mile radius. (Just pointing it out again since you miss the point of my last 5 posts, and keep telling me about the history of the water they use to make the ice at the 12year old ACC, instead of providing an opinion on why there isnt a 2nd NHL team in the GTA)In my opinion, in this case, only if you think historical success before my birth is more important than success in my lifetime.Im happy for you that you think of the Leafs with such high regard and get such satisfaction from their games. I dont begrudge you this. I just see things different then you, and many other Leafs fans who dont really care about the NHL beyond its impact on the Leafs. I realize its smart for the Leafs to not have another NHL team to compete with them, but dont ask me to ignore how their business practice affects my entertainment.
HATER

I've only been to one game at the ACC. We lost 6-1 so i can't comment on the atmosphere. The Booing of Andrew Raycroft was really loud though.I guess the most memorable hockey games/events that I have attended live are the heritage classic in 2004 in Edmonton, the World Juniors in Vancouver in 2006 (All canada games, plus a few others), and the Oilers stanley cup run in 2006 (Deciding game in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and game 6 of the finals).I have never been to a sporting event that even comes close to competing with the atmosphere at the oilers home games in the 2006 playoffs. The entire crowd would be cheering from the time the Oilers stepped on the ice to the puck drop. Including everyone singing both anthems at the top of their lungs. When the Oilers scored/won it was just unbelievable. The gold medal game for the World Juniors in Vancouver had maybe 50% of the excitement/volume of the Edmonton Arena.

NHL - United Center Chi vs DetNBA - No desire to ever see a NBA game. MLB - Dodger Stadium and surviveNFL - I love going to Ford FieldCollege Football - Boise StateCollege Basketball - Breslin Center (MSU)Soccer - Emirates Stadium (Arsenal)
Are you an Arsenal fan? I dont think I ever knew you liked soccer.I've always wanted to go to Ford Field. I used to go to Windsor a lot for work, but never get an opp to see a game at Ford or Joe Louis. Really liking the Lions these last couple of yrs and their games are fun to watch.Id love to time it perfectly and see the Tigers+Lions+Wings all in 1 weekend, that would be fun.
Are you an Arsenal fan? I dont think I ever knew you liked soccer.I've always wanted to go to Ford Field. I used to go to Windsor a lot for work, but never get an opp to see a game at Ford or Joe Louis. Really liking the Lions these last couple of yrs and their games are fun to watch.Id love to time it perfectly and see the Tigers+Lions+Wings all in 1 weekend, that would be fun.
Oh my!sorry :club:
Yup, I love me some soccer. Arsenal is my team of choice in the EPL. Ford Field is really a nice stadium. Went for the first time a couple years ago and have been twice since. And yes, having a competent team on the field adds to the experience.I have also wanted to do that. I have seen baseball and hockey in one weekend.
Yup, I love me some soccer. Arsenal is my team of choice in the EPL. Ford Field is really a nice stadium.
Its also indoor. I'm too big a pssy for outdoor -10 degree temps in November. Froze my ass off at last Steelers game.
College football - either Ohio State or one of the big-time traditional SEC schools (Alabama, Auburn...)
I've been to games at PSU and OSU (and hate both teams). PSU impressed/experience blew me away much more than OSU.
  • 2 weeks later...
Friendly wager for the Sabres next 10 games? over/under 10 pts?10pts is a push. You name the stakes.(I might be there Tuesday for the Islanders game, so this will give me something to root for)
Ok so this is pretty cool..There has been 9 games played since the bet..The Sabres have 8 pts...The 10th game is against ......THE LEAFS..So I am freerolling...If Sabres win, we push...If Leafs win I win.