Will criminals always have access to guns even if they are illegal?  YESWill law abiding citizens have weaponry to use against criminals?  NOOutlawing guns is -EV for law abiding citizens
You can say what you want, the problem his, if daddy has a gun and the kid grows up seeing a gun, he will more likely use a gun than a Canadian or Swedish, or whatever other civilized country's kid who's never seen one. The American culture manufactures criminals. If they've never seen a gun, they wont be inticed to get one and start shooting people.
this is the stupidest thing I've read all day!I grew up in a house full of guns, Took gun safety in the boy scouts, know how to strip a rifle,clean it and store it securely without shooting myself.I've never used a gun against someone, and hope I never have to but heres the kicker I'm not a ****ing criminal.And as far as your civilized country line, Why don't you look up and see who the most armed country per capita in the world is, It isn't us.They have an extremely low crime rate, Haven't been in a war since before 1812, and are generally considered one of the most forward thinking countries in the world.
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Living here in TX if some jackass tried to take the guns away, we'd prolly secede from the union again
i live in tx too, that probably would happen. my roommate can't sleep unless there's a gun and a bottle of jack daniels under his pillow. I dont know which one he values more.
I love how people who don't understand the 2nd ammendment like to  say people don't understand the 2nd ammendment.  It wasn't meant to protect the US from Britain, France, Spain, etc.  It was included in the Bill of Rights to protect the States and Citizens from - THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES.  In other words it was a means of protecting the people from tyranny.
yeah but people don't like to argue rhis point make, true or not if you argue it they all label you a conspiracy nut. the second ammendment was a check and balance, of government plain and simple.
I love how people who don't understand the 2nd ammendment like to  say people don't understand the 2nd ammendment.  It wasn't meant to protect the US from Britain, France, Spain, etc.  It was included in the Bill of Rights to protect the States and Citizens from - THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES.  In other words it was a means of protecting the people from tyranny.
yeah but people don't like to argue rhis point make, true or not if you argue it they all label you a conspiracy nut. the second ammendment was a check and balance, of government plain and simple.
I prefer "conspiracy researcher" to "conspiracy nut".
guess thats wher the sides differ, some will do anything in their power to prevent an event from occuring, others will try to cope with it after it happened.
no matter what someone else does, it should not give ME the right to take their life.
Do you have children Pupsta? If someone was in the process of hurting my children (ie rape, attempting grievous harm)....and I had a gun available, I would have no compunctions about blowing the MF's head off. "No matter what somone else does, it should not give ME the right to take their life" just doesn't cut it....sorry. If you had kids you'd understand (and if you do have kids, and don't understand what I'm saying, well, I'm just shocked).

about 6 years ago when i was around 19/20 i was at my cousins house, which was actually his girlfriends house, and he was fulling around with stuff. he pulled out an old crayon box and it had 2 guns, he took one out, looks at it, never bothered to check the chamber, i think it was a revolver...so hes pionting this gun at me, my chest, i guess neither of us thought much of it either way, im like 3 foot from him. i probably could have died that day if hes a little careless.....to everyone thats says people snap, i have to agree, i always wanted a gun, i told myself as soon as i turned 21 id go get a permit, licence or whatever and buy one... problem is if i had bought one id be dead right now, cause no sooner than i turned 21 i became depressed, wanted to die more than anything in the world...i dont think i would have hurt another person but i certainly wanted to hurt myself...long story short i got over what ever was wrong with me, im happy now, i still dont own a gun, but i do have a few in my possession, 30/30 12 gauge...anyway im moving to new orleans in 2 days, i know its not the worst city in the country, but can you honestly tell me that i shouldnt bring a gun with me to defend myself???just in case something stupid were to happen, burglary, heaven help anyone that puts a hand on my fiancee. ill go to jail, but dont think i need a gun to kill a man...so yea this was a long useless post, not much but a rant, but its a story, i know some of you already dont like me, and im having trouble figuring out where you people stand lol, but ill make this easy, no matter what ever happens in my life i will own a gun, i will kill a man if need be, i wont feel guilt about it, whoever said this is a sick world is right, i guess im a product of it... it wont change anytime soon......ok so to end the first story, he points the gun at the wall and pulls the trigger, it went off, the gun was ****ing loaded. maybe i should have died that day, piont blank in the chest most likely would hurt, but even thats not enough reason to throw my guns away...redbefore you flame, see below...dont prove me right

A gun in the home also increases the likelihood of an unintentional shooting, particularly among children. Unintentional shootings commonly occur when children find an adult's loaded handgun in a drawer or closet, and while playing with it shoot themselves, a sibling or a friend. The unintentional firearm-related death rate for children 0-14 years old is NINE times higher in the U.S. than in the 25 other countries combined.
I could see how the presence of a gun in a home could increase the odds of a shooting. What a dil.do
Just quoting the statistics, man. Unlike most of the posts, including yours which is purely opinion, in this thread this one is pure stats from Brady campaign.orgAnd you're a prick.
A gun in the home also increases the likelihood of an unintentional shooting, particularly among children. Unintentional shootings commonly occur when children find an adult's loaded handgun in a drawer or closet, and while playing with it shoot themselves, a sibling or a friend. The unintentional firearm-related death rate for children 0-14 years old is NINE times higher in the U.S. than in the 25 other countries combined.
I could see how the presence of a gun in a home could increase the odds of a shooting. What a dil.do
Just quoting the statistics, man. Unlike most of the posts, including yours which is purely opinion, in this thread this one is pure stats from Brady campaign.orgAnd you're a prick.
Quoting the Brady folks won't get you any brownie points from me. You might as well be quoting MeinKampf.Hey while your at it get some quotes from that liar Michael Moore to prove your point.
Quoting the Brady folks won't get you any brownie points from me. You might as well be quoting MeinKampf.Hey while your at it get some quotes from that liar Michael Moore to prove your point.
I'm not trying to get your brownie points. On the first page (you did read from the beginning didn't you?) darksung posted this:You can say what you want, the problem his, if daddy has a gun and the kid grows up seeing a gun, he will more likely use a gun than a Canadian or Swedish, or whatever other civilized country's kid who's never seen one. The American culture manufactures criminals. If they've never seen a gun, they wont be inticed to get one and start shooting people.I'm not saying I agree or disagree. But in reality, he took a lot of heat for making that stance. I am only providing statistics easily found that confirm that accidental shootings involving kids happen 9 times more often in the US than countries with gun control (ie, Canadian or Swedish). I also didn't appreciate being called a dildo for what was a statistic not an opinion.And just for you:Why not use Gandhi's way? He didn't have guns, and he beat the British Empire. ~ Michael Moore
Will criminals always have access to guns even if they are illegal? YESWill law abiding citizens have weaponry to use against criminals? NOOutlawing guns is -EV for law abiding citizens
Neat theory, but the hand histories tell a different story. Statistically, you or members of your family are the most likely people to be shot by your gun. Seriously - EV to own a gun. It's not even close.
Will criminals always have access to guns even if they are illegal? YESWill law abiding citizens have weaponry to use against criminals? NOOutlawing guns is -EV for law abiding citizens
You can say what you want, the problem his, if daddy has a gun and the kid grows up seeing a gun, he will more likely use a gun than a Canadian or Swedish, or whatever other civilized country's kid who's never seen one. The American culture manufactures criminals. If they've never seen a gun, they wont be inticed to get one and start shooting people.
Now that's funny. I am so glad that Canada and Sweden and all the other civilized country's have solved the crime problem. We'll have to start watching your news programs to see how peaceful life is everywhere else.
I'm not trying to get your brownie points. On the first page (you did read from the beginning didn't you?) darksung posted this:You can say what you want, the problem his, if daddy has a gun and the kid grows up seeing a gun, he will more likely use a gun than a Canadian or Swedish, or whatever other civilized country's kid who's never seen one. The American culture manufactures criminals. If they've never seen a gun, they wont be inticed to get one and start shooting people.I'm not saying I agree or disagree. But in reality, he took a lot of heat for making that stance. I am only providing statistics easily found that confirm that accidental shootings involving kids happen 9 times more often in the US than countries with gun control (ie, Canadian or Swedish). I also didn't appreciate being called a dildo for what was a statistic not an opinion.And just for you:Why not use Gandhi's way? He didn't have guns, and he beat the British Empire. ~ Michael Moore
Yes I have followed this thread from the start.I didn't call you any names but if you quote stats from biased web sites that have been proven to lie and bend the truth on a regular basis then.....When someone writes the statement "If they've never seen a gun, they wont be enticed to get one and start shooting people." is inviting heat for making an incredibly stupid statement.
Has anyone ever heard of anyone actually using a gun successfully to defend himself against a criminal? Ever? No really, ever?

Wow, right to bare arms AND the belief for capital punishment? We got lots of right wingers on these boards I guess.Capital Punishment is bogus, the right to bare arms is something that has to be changed with your constitution.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone actually using a gun successfully to defend himself against a criminal? Ever? No really, ever?
Please read the thread. The answer has already been posted. And yes according to the FBI and other sources about 2 million times a year.

Im not overly worried about the criminals - there are always going to be a bad segment in any society. They are also a very small segment of said society.What Im worried about is the person that loses their temper and has access to a gun. This is a MUCH larger concern.Dev

That's what happens in a country where you can walk around with a gun, what a stupid law
fuck you and the horse you road in on
And THAT is what happens in a country where we don't educate people about how to argue using REASON... all that's left are guns and f.uck you's. Not your most well reasoned respond WRTOI know, I know, may name sake, Machiavelli, would say, "I've got a GUN; I don't NEED reason." I know, I know. But you can't hold up your teacher at gun point and MAKE him or her educate you.
i agree to a point...i still dont see why certain assualt rifles are legeal for private citizens to own.. i own a few handguns,i have a daughter so they are stored correctly..i dont feel the need to own an uzi or ak47,i dont get the need for ppl to own them unless they are in the military
I understand what you're saying and almost want to agree with you BUT what does an assault rifle do that a hunting rifle won't? I've purchased 75 round clips for hunting rifles. I mean they aren't selling fully autos anymore. You need a class 3 license for something like that. I still agree with you that I don't know why someone has a need for an assault rifle.
Please read the thread. The answer has already been posted. And yes according to the FBI and other sources about 2 million times a year.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't see there were more pages. (I've still never heard of it, though)
Kurdt Cobain is secretly still alive and is the new prince of the NRA........He travels around the world handing out cases of handguns to teenagers and kindergartners.When asked about this evil choir Kurdt replied "Well, it smells like teen spirit!"
Oh, ok. Is he still hangin' with Andy Kauffman and Elvis?