Does wayne brady have to choke a B!tch :shock:
Yeah, what's all this talk about the wayne brady bill? when did that guy get shot?But seriously, I have to ask this AGAIN:HAS ANY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS FORUM EVER HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF WITH A GUN?? (I'm not talking about stats; have YOU ever had to?)Assuming (hoping) not, let me as this: has anyone ever KNOWN anyone who has had to defend himself (against a 'criminal', mind you) with a gun? (I'm talking about "success" stories here; it doesn't quite count if your friend got SHOT and killed because he pulled a gun on a mugger, right? That would kind of go AGAINST your argument.)Now, if no one can answer yes to eithe of these quetions, I think we have to look at the REAL problem with American: (not, it's not laziness) PARANOIA.Please respond if you're among the people who seem to feel unsafe without a gun.
I can answer yes to this question.
Well, look, if you've been personally tramatized by an incident of this type, then I certainly have no right to tell you you don't need a gun.
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does wayne brady have to choke a B!tch :shock:
Yeah, what's all this talk about the wayne brady bill? when did that guy get shot?But seriously, I have to ask this AGAIN:HAS ANY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS FORUM EVER HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF WITH A GUN?? (I'm not talking about stats; have YOU ever had to?)Assuming (hoping) not, let me as this: has anyone ever KNOWN anyone who has had to defend himself (against a 'criminal', mind you) with a gun? (I'm talking about "success" stories here; it doesn't quite count if your friend got SHOT and killed because he pulled a gun on a mugger, right? That would kind of go AGAINST your argument.)Now, if no one can answer yes to eithe of these quetions, I think we have to look at the REAL problem with American: (not, it's not laziness) PARANOIA.Please respond if you're among the people who seem to feel unsafe without a gun.
I can answer yes to this question.
Well, look, if you've been personally tramatized by an incident of this type, then I certainly have no right to tell you you don't need a gun.
Thank you....see my edit above.
The difference is, there's always a vested interest, other than the so called "American Security" for your country to loan money or invade another country, namely oil.
Ok, keep thinking that. When natural disaster hit, famin, disease the world looks one place and one place only for aide and money....the US. Even when we do, we get slammed for not doing more. We can't win, we develop the technology and you guys ride on our coat tails using it as your own and then you tell us we are the bad guys. You are protected by us and again you won't even lend a hand in redeveloping a country ravaged by a rutheless dictator for years. Really, burry you head in the sand further, you have so many reasons to thank the United States yet all you do is whine how you are so much better but if we didn't give you half of what you've got.....you'd be just another 3rd world nation.
Why did the US go to war with Irak and Afganistan? Apparently, to protect their citizens opressed by terrorist dictators.So, why did the US stay home in 1994 during the Rwanda genocide, weren't millions of citizens worth protecting? You think more Afghans and Iraquies were killed under Ben Laden's and Hussein's regim? Not even close! But these people were worth being protected by the holly American Army. Coincidently (sorry for the spelling) there's no oil in Rwanda, hmmmm, bizarre....Give me a break! There's gotta be something more behind it, don't you think?
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Anytime something bad happens in the world everyone looks to America. We had to help in the Balkans when it is clearly Europe's backyard. We went to the horn of Africa as well. No oil to be had here. Instead of asking why the US couldn't do anything in Rwanda couldn't we ask why the UN couldn't stop it. The US has more than taken on its fair share of bad people with no payoff and no thanks.
Then, if your not gonna do anything and wanna stay clean, don't assume your the worlds greatest power and can override the UN's decisions, the Kyoto protocole or any other treaty or deal you sign with other countries. Then we might leave you alone when something bad happens.
I don't really think what I said was ignorant. Its a fact. Just think for even a few minutes what the world would be like without Americas hegemony. Everyone just gets along fine' date=' right. No more wars. No, the wars will be there but the bad guys will win. You can look at history or at the world today. World War II without US...N a z i (didn't know that one gets censored) controlled Europe. Cold War without US...Soviet controlled Europe. Balkans without US intervention...genocide of muslims. The rising world power is China. Would you like the pendulum to swing towards a world dominated by the Chinese. I wouldn't.[/quote']see, the problem i have with a statement like that is the whole cause and reaction argument that is being instilled. its kinda like how you deal with an endangered species after you hunted it to near-extinction. you put in place a plan to rebuild the population and save the species, when it was your own faults that got it to the point it is at. i look at it the same way with the US. yes, you did well in WW2, and i thank your veterans for that. the cold war needed two to tango. can't really have a cold war with just the soviets sittin with their thumbs up their ass. but tell me today, what situation are you really helping out that you have not created? you created iraq, afghanistan is still in ruins, rwanda and african countries are in civil war and aids epidemics. you're rebuilding something (or trying to) that you had a first hand in destroying.
First the soviets were not sitting with their thumbs up their asses. They were aggressively trying to build a soviet empire and spread communism thoughout the world. Look at a map and remember the countries that were only recently under soveit control and what might have been without an aggressive democratic counterweight. Second, we did destroy Iraq and Afghanistan. As a citizen of the US I do feel some amount of responsibility for all of our troops that have died and the Iraqis who have died as a result of our war. But what we destroyed was a regime that had a stranglehold on its people and undertable dealing with the UN. I have no regrets in getting rid of Saddam. And don't think for a second that there was any bloodless route to getting rid of him. As for Afghanistan, there wasn't much there to destroy. I would consider the change we have made in Afghanistan a success although there still needs to be much progress on the drug front to make it the successful country it wants to be.
okay and then how many gun-related deaths in texas in 2004? well, i can tell you in 2002 there were 222.........for children under 19 years old ( http://www.kidsandguns.org/study/states_de...eaths.asp?Texas ) http://www.childrensdefense.org/education/...report_2004.pdf look at these pages and tell me guns are good. "More children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, and influenza combined."These groups are all a bunch of far left liberal nuts. You can't believe anything that they publish. They were admonished by congress for their false testimony.These studies include things like police shootings of criminals and 18 and 19 year old drug dealers killing each other! If you can't be honest about what the definition of a child is then how can you believe any of it!!
so you believe just because a kid has fallen into the wrong kind of life such as drug dealing he deserves to be shot and that record of him being shot is therefore unworthy of being kept? no wonder you execute the mentally challenged.
Chester kiss my ass. You keep putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. It's like I am arguing with a 10 year old (I know you are butt what am I) You twist words because you have none of your own that are worth a censored.You say you love your neighbors to the south butt your words are filled with hate. Go censored a moose!!!
If your traumatized by an incident, go to a psychiatrist, guns wont heal you.
okay and then how many gun-related deaths in texas in 2004? well, i can tell you in 2002 there were 222.........for children under 19 years old ( http://www.kidsandguns.org/study/states_de...eaths.asp?Texas ) http://www.childrensdefense.org/education/...report_2004.pdf look at these pages and tell me guns are good. "More children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, and influenza combined."These groups are all a bunch of far left liberal nuts. You can't believe anything that they publish. They were admonished by congress for their false testimony.These studies include things like police shootings of criminals and 18 and 19 year old drug dealers killing each other! If you can't be honest about what the definition of a child is then how can you believe any of it!!
so you believe just because a kid has fallen into the wrong kind of life such as drug dealing he deserves to be shot and that record of him being shot is therefore unworthy of being kept? no wonder you execute the mentally challenged.
Chester kiss my ass. You keep putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. It's like I am arguing with a 10 year old (I know you are butt what am I) You twist words because you have none of your own that are worth a censored.You say you love your neighbors to the south butt your words are filled with hate. Go censored a moose!!!
ok well i didn't mean to put words in your mouth so i apologize for that but then please do tell me what did you mean, and is this amount of children dying an "acceptable number" to you. and you can fight with those you love.oh by the way way to call me a 10 year old and then tell me to **** a moose.
ya we created the mass graves and torture sites Saddam used
naw you just use prisons in the middle east for torture.
Most ignorant statement ever, as well as something like "all muslins are terrorists" Way to go donkeyAnd those people have been punished.
ya we created the mass graves and torture sites Saddam used
naw you just use prisons in the middle east for torture.
Most ignorant statement ever, as well as something like "all muslins are terrorists" Way to go donkeyAnd those people have been punished.
of course they have. how's rumsfeld doin?

Stop arguing with this Chester moron. I have met hatful left wing idiots like him before and he won't stop being an ass no matter how wrong he is proven to be. The censored can't even find his shift button.I'm done.

Stop arguing with this Chester moron. I have met hatful left wing idiots like him before and he won't stop being an ass no matter how wrong he is proven to be. The censored can't even find his shift button.I'm done.
lol glad i'm in canada, otherwise i might get shot........
I have a question.What do Canadians care if guns are legal in the US?
I'm afraid an american will break into my house... man, I gotta get a gun, I'm in danger, red alert on CNN, a 747 is about to hit my house, I need to protect myself...But I don't blame the Americans, I blame their government, the illusion of fear is powerful.
dude seriously i'm not tryin to piss you off as much as you would think i am. just debating on something i feel strong about. and i don't like using the shift button cause i can type alot quicker without having to worry about capitals. but if its really buggin ya let me know and i'll do it just for you.
I'm not even arguing with him. It doesn't matter to me. Guns will never be outlawed in the U.S. no matter how much bitching people do. The number of people in favor of stricter gun control is greatly dwarfed by those in favor of the 2nd amendment. I'm just curious what difference it makes to them. So far I see he doesn't like Bush and thinks the US should agree with everything the UN does. Thats his opinion. Whatever.

oh well, honestly I could care less, if a few insurgents get humiliated, its not like our soldiers are taking non combatants and putting them on tv and chopping their heads off.Throughout this conflict we have tried and sometimes failed to treat animals like humans, sometimes we need to treat them as what they are, rabid animals that just need to be put down, they are sick in the head.The above statement was directed at the terrorists/insurgents, and in no way is how I feel about middle easterners as a whole

I'm afraid an american will break into my house... man, I gotta get a gun, I'm in danger, red alert on CNN, a 747 is about to hit my house, I need to protect myself...But I don't blame the Americans, I blame their government, the illusion of fear is powerful.
thats how bush won the election. " uh oh, the terror alert is at yellow, better re-elect me cause i have no problem pushing the button"
Was there an answer to the question in there somewhere?
oh well, honestly I could care less, if a few insurgents get humiliated, its not like our soldiers are taking non combatants and putting them on tv and chopping their heads off.Throughout this conflict we have tried and sometimes failed to treat animals like humans, sometimes we need to treat them as what they are, rabid animals that just need to be put down, they are sick in the head.The above statement was directed at the terrorists/insurgents, and in no way is how I feel about middle easterners as a whole
i completely understand that, and i also am in NO way comparing the Abu ghrade (not sure of spelling) events to those of the muslim extremists. never would i do that.however, if the US was somehow overthrown, a new government put in place from a country you hated, and your way of life gone, that which you have spent your entire life believing in, you're going to fight for it too. i don't mean the extremists, but the insurgents, fighting for what they believe in, deserve better.
thats how bush won the election. " uh oh, the terror alert is at yellow, better re-elect me cause i have no problem pushing the button"
If you want to blame Bush winning, blame the Democrats, it their own friggin fault for choosing Kerry. Although it was a tactical decision, since I'm guessing they are grooming the whore hilary to run in '08. If they won in '04 it would put her in '12 which would be too far down the road.
Incorrect sir! The war on terror was 1 reason why Bush was re-elected. Maybe the big one...hard to say. However, there are 200 other reasons why people voted for him over Kerry, certainly not just because of the war. The conservatives have more values than just focusing on the war on terror. Come on...you know that.
Incorrect sir! The war on terror was 1 reason why Bush was re-elected. Maybe the big one...hard to say. However, there are 200 other reasons why people voted for him over Kerry, certainly not just because of the war. The conservatives have more values than just focusing on the war on terror. Come on...you know that.
oh cmon you know that all the polls had iraq, the war on terror, and terrorism as the biggest issues on the minds of americans, and were all the topics that bush continually kept burying down everyone's throats. and i agree about kerry as well, that was just a horrible choice for a democratic nominee. if i were a voting american, that would have been the election of who i wasn't voting for, rather then who i was voting for.