I Got Centre Ice

You don't have access to every game as some games are just not televised. This is my 4th year with CI and this is the 2nd time this has happenned.
I was actually quoting from this, and thinking there a few games every year that have no television.I seem to recall even a couple of Calgary games in the past with no tv.Not a big deal, just what i thought i remembered.Zach's got a point, hard to believe this day and age still games with NO coverage from either team/city.
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sharks and fsn finally got something right this year. whenever it wasn't televised locally we were blacked out of the other team's feed. last night's game wasn't blacked out so we were able to watch the rsn feed
A real team doesnt blackout their games....Blackouts are for markets that are crappy...

I watched the 86 Habs drive for the cup on the NHL Network yeaterday and it was beautiful. Carbo/Gainey/Roy/Lemieaux/Chellios/Robinson. I'm happy I got to see that before its no longer free :club:

that makes no sense...
Tell me about it. If Montreal is playing in Toronto and the game is not on TSN, CBC or Sportsnet I have to watch it on RDS. The game gets blacked out on my Centre Ice package.
Tell me about it. If Montreal is playing in Toronto and the game is not on TSN, CBC or Sportsnet I have to watch it on RDS. The game gets blacked out on my Centre Ice package.
What is the reasoning behind these blackouts???Isnt the whole purpose of blackouts to increase attendance at home games...I dont get it
What is the reasoning behind these blackouts???Isnt the whole purpose of blackouts to increase attendance at home games...I dont get it
No, it's not.It's to protect the local networks.I read that on the NHL.com page somewhere.
It's more about broadcasting rights in a viewing area than attendance. I guess they want me to pay extra for Leafs TV.
I'm watching the florida/philly game, and the camera work is just atrocious. It looks like it's being filmed by Kramer in a movie theatre.....
LOL some of the local broadcasts camera work always cracks me up. I recall during a Ducks/Dallas game last season the Stars broadcast was on Center Ice and for the full 2 minutes of the Ducks PP they thought it wise to use the overhead goal camera the entire time. Seriously.

Sigh, Toronto-Pittsburgh is blacked out on Centre Ice tonight.Luckily (maybe), I'm on a free preview of the digital cable channels, including Leafs Network. Yay Joe Bowen.I really want to get the damn Pens feed on these games already.

Maybe because it's on CBC or RDS. Who knows?
But it's not on CBC... the Leaf game is.My french CBC doesn't show hockey for whatever reason.This shit is tilting me.Pay $250 to watch the ****ing Penguins games, and so far two of three haven't even been on Centre Ice.Sigh, I found it on RDS, of which I have a free preview since I just signed up for digital cable.It's not retarded at all that I have to watch it in French instead of them just playing it on Centre Ice...

Why would they not show the Pens feed?So silly.But I'm happier now that I discovered that RDS was channel 905 on my digital cable... which is weird cuz regular channels are 2-60.Also, I took French Immersion through high school, so I'm sure I'll be able to follow the play.

Why would they not show the Pens feed?So silly.But I'm happier now that I discovered that RDS was channel 905 on my digital cable... which is weird cuz regular channels are 2-60.Also, I took French Immersion through high school, so I'm sure I'll be able to follow the play.
Only thing you need to know...."Recchi....... a Crosby........ LE BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"