Cubs Win Nl Central!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cub fans dont blame Bartman. All the haters do. Alex Gonzalaz Is the shortstop you are refering to. Them losing that game is Gonzo and Dusty Bakers fault. (Well that and that freaking band wagon jumping singing comedian Bernie Mack :club: .) Had Baker put in Prior or Wood in that game, we'd had won the pennant in '03.But heh, they get hot at the right time this year (now) and all you peeps will see the biggest party in the history of all parties. The Sox's celebration wont even come close. GO CUBS GO
Mark Prior was the losing pitcher in game six, Kerry Wood lost game 7. Cubs came home with all the momentum on earth, their two best starters going next and well, you know.I'm a Cards fan but deep down, somewhere, it sure would be interesting to see the apocolypse that would occur if Cubs were able to win their first series since automotive transportation and flight were invented. Then again, if and, most likely, when, they blow it in grand, epic, catastrophic, fashion this season, the marketing department of the Cubs can break out next years slogan "a century of futility." But really, all passive aggressiveness aside...........good luck in the playoffs. You never know, just look at the Cards last year.

When I was really young I was a baseball fan and for some reason the Cubs were my favorite team. I'm happy to hear they've had some recent success.

Ok, I'm not really trying to bash the Cubs, ok, maybe I am,but seriously they make it so easy sometimes. What's up with the San Diego Padres hats? Plus I think these are thewomen's locker room hats they are wearing. lolSoriandZcelebrate.jpg

This statement could not be more untrue. Cub fans are some of the most knowledgable sports fans in the world. They care about their team as if they are were part of their own family cause in most cases they are.
QFT
I've been to two Cubs games and I found the fans seemed to barely notice the game happening. To say it couldn't be MORE untrue is a stretch. Yes, there are hardcore Cubs fans into baseball, but there are a lot of people there to socialize, party, and hang out that couldn't tell you who the starting pitcher was after the game. I love Wrigley it's a fun place to watch a game...but come on they made a whole movie about people not watching cub games at the park.
You have to realize that a lot of the people at wrigley are there on vacation and are going for the experience, they are not the cub faithful. Wrigley is a magical place no matter what team you are a fan of.

I'm a hardcore Cubs fan, but to say we have the most knowledgeable sports fans is kinda ridiculous. Half my fans who are Cubs fans didn't even know we clinched the playoffs last night and didn't even know they were in the division lead. One of them asked how good of a year Sosa is having, I said he's doing good for his age....for the Rangers. He was like "wha...."I have fans who are just as diehard as me (watched 100 games this year from start to finish and parts of nearly every one). But to say they are the most diehard is kinda ridiculous.

I have fans who are just as diehard as me (watched 100 games this year from start to finish and parts of nearly every one). But to say they are the most diehard is kinda ridiculous.
that may be true, but the anti-cubs fans are also saying that most cubs fans don't know anything about sports, and are there just for the party atmosphere. yeah we shouldnt generalize that we are the most knowledgeable fans (and i dont btw), but they shouldnt generalize that we all their just for the party. just because you don't know everyone on the rosters name, doesnt make you less of a fan. if the cubs lose, ill be rooting wholeheartedly for the padres (i love the maddog). Do i know everyone on their team, no, i know about 10 of them. But i will root for them and be a fan. I won't root for the padres because its cool as bandwagon fans do, but ill root for them, not the same as with the cubs, but ill still be a fan, just a casual fan. i think my main point is that people hate the fact that the cubs have so many bandwagon fans ( i definitely do). But though the line may be thin, there is definitely a line between being a "bandwagon fan" and a "casual fan."

I have been a baseball fan since I was 3, and I am still not fully over 1994, but it is hard to watch game after game in baseball with the same intensity of Football or even basketball, there are just too many of them. I believe it was Jim Leyland that said every team is going win 60 and lose 60 its what they do with the other 42 that makes a diffrence.

It's funny that Cubsfan44 blamed the Cubs loss on Prior and Wood not being in the game, when they pitched in both games 6 and 7 (both losses) and then claimed that Cubs fans are very knowledgable fans. Classic.

It's funny that Cubsfan44 blamed the Cubs loss on Prior and Wood not being in the game, when they pitched in both games 6 and 7 (both losses) and then claimed that Cubs fans are very knowledgable fans. Classic.
He's pretty dim from what I've seen both here and in rail chat - I wouldn't let him represent the entire city.
I believe the point is if one of them came into that game they could have won it and wouldn't need to pitch games 6 or 7.

F*ck your cubs.The only reason you're in is because:1) Ned Yost is the worst manager on the planet.2) The Brewers decided that they didnt want to play their last few games.

F*ck your cubs.The only reason you're in is because:1) Ned Yost is the worst manager on the planet.2) The Brewers decided that they didnt want to play their last few games.
It doesn't even matter. The NL is a total joke ... much like the NFC in football.It's just a bunch of minor leaguers playing for runner up.
It doesn't even matter. The NL is a total joke ... much like the NFC in football.It's just a bunch of minor leaguers playing for runner up.
Couldn't agree more...I was half joking the other day that the NL Central should forfeit their bid and give it to the 5th best AL team.

I placed a $100 bet in July for them to make it to the World Series at 5 to 1. At the begining of the year it was 22 to 1.If they make it to the Series, it looks like I'd have to make another trip to Chicago.I was at game 3 and 4 in Houston when the Sox won the Series in 2005. I cried when they got the final out.White Sox in 2008.

I placed a $100 bet in July for them to make it to the World Series at 5 to 1. At the begining of the year it was 22 to 1.If they make it to the Series, it looks like I'd have to make another trip to Chicago.I was at game 3 and 4 in Houston when the Sox won the Series in 2005. I cried when they got the final out.White Sox in 2008.
If they replace the entire pitching staff ...... still no.
So I have a question. What do you think tickets will go for at Wrigley for a cubs WS. I personally think it will be the most expensive sporting event to attend ever. I think the cheap seats will go for 3000-5000.

Even as a Whitesox Fan, I don't think they get close to the series next year...but they're in their 5 year grace period from the World Series win so I can't give them too much crap.