Are There Any Poker Rooms In Iran ?

You are absolutely right. In the 8 and a half months Bush was in office before 911 he should have had the good sense to do what Clinton didn't do about terrorists in the previous 8 years. Give the terrorists ample reasons to step up their holy war against the US.Freaking Bush.
I agree 100%.
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we start a prize pool for the first person to successfully bring up the kiddyfiddling in his presence? To win the prize:1) Comment must lack subtlety2) Comment must be humourous on a specifically sordid and vulgar level3) Comment must be audibly uttered face-to-face4) Commenting must occur during a televised poker eventThe prize will constitute:1) 100% of prize pool collected2) 10,000 Man Points

So you are saying... Bill Clinton.... is.... gonna be the best first lady ever!??!!??!I agree. Can't wait. Would totally make putting Hilary in charge a stalemate. Political cartoonists would surpass IT for fastest rising profession. Saturday Night Live may even become relavent again. <sw, on the SNL part, of course>
Shudder the thought.But if the unmentionable happens, I predict that adultery becomes a capital offense in the first 100 days.
Shudder the thought.But if the unmentionable happens, I predict that adultery becomes a capital offense in the first 100 days.
Based on the "It takes a village... to satisfy my husband" platform, obv.
I'm not trying to turn the whole thread into some political debate. I just thought it was funny that the previous poster had specifically point out that Sheiky wasn't deported during the "Clinton years".And I'm definitely not saying that Clinton was some saint of a man, or the greatest President of all time. I just find it completely unimaginable how every single citizen of the US isn't demanding for Bush to be impeached. Even if I was a total Conservative, I could never in my life forgive Bush for the things he has done while in the White House.PS: To Vtlaxer09...The Matusow comment = GOLDEN.
Riiiight......Impeached for what?

I won't get into the politcal debate. Without knowing the exact case its hard to really comment on Shawn as an individual I will speculate that if it was a case of kiddy diddling it would likely have been a felony charge and would've been made public by the poker media at some point but again thats just a guess. Assuming that this is a case of nailing a 17 year old that pretended to be 20 or what have you I find it incredibly sad that after a dozen of years of being a contributing member of society he is being targeted. I also find the "visitor to our country" notion pretty sad as well. I get it, he is not a citizen but I suspect he has been living in the states and contributing longer than some with these views have been a live. This is a man who operates business which I would guess employee american citizens and who pays likely more in taxes to most and by all account regardless the crime twelve years ago has been an upstanding citizen since.

I won't get into the politcal debate. Without knowing the exact case its hard to really comment on Shawn as an individual I will speculate that if it was a case of kiddy diddling it would likely have been a felony charge and would've been made public by the poker media at some point but again thats just a guess. Assuming that this is a case of nailing a 17 year old that pretended to be 20 or what have you I find it incredibly sad that after a dozen of years of being a contributing member of society he is being targeted. I also find the "visitor to our country" notion pretty sad as well. I get it, he is not a citizen but I suspect he has been living in the states and contributing longer than some with these views have been a live. This is a man who operates business which I would guess employee american citizens and who pays likely more in taxes to most and by all account regardless the crime twelve years ago has been an upstanding citizen since.
What misdemeanor do you know of gets a sentence of 9 months and 5 years probation?
We KNOW he was convicted of and did time for charges of sexual battery and annoyance or molestation of a child.
What misdemeanor do you know of gets a sentence of 9 months and 5 years probation?
"Federal authorities said they're looking to deport Sheikhan because of the 1995 misdemeanor conviction..." This was in article found in the op.

"We KNOW he was convicted of and did time for charges of sexual battery and annoyance or molestation of a child." Correct. We also know that he hasn't been arrested since and we know he owns multiple business' in the U.S so we can assume that taxes have been paid and he has been a quality citizen. I'm a as hugely against child molestation(but is anybody really for it) as the next person but to be perfectly honest I don't know if I would think deportation would be called for in the most disgusting of case.

"Federal authorities said they're looking to deport Sheikhan because of the 1995 misdemeanor conviction..." This was in article found in the op.
Just testing you.I will leave now. :club:
You bold well.
I just found it rather humorous that you started your post by saying you didn't want to comment on something due to lack of facts, but then go on to speculate, guess, assume, suspect, guess again, and reach a "likely" conclusion.
I just found it rather humorous that you started your post by saying you didn't want to comment on something due to lack of facts, but then go on to speculate, guess, assume, suspect, guess again, and reach a "likely" conclusion.
point taken.

For what it's worth, and I really dislike ol' Shieky, my cousin was in jail for almost 1 year, 5 years probation, and has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life for sleeping with a 15 year old, he was 18, he was at a FRAT PARTY where the girl said she was a freshmen in college. Her parents didn't do anything until they met him and saw he's part latino, and then they pressed charges. Just saying, there's some BS going on sometimes with these charges........

Riiiight......Impeached for what?
Keeping in mind what an impeachment actually is, (I'm not insinuating you don't know, it's just a lot of people still think that "impeaching" means "removing from office"), if you honestly believe that Bush hasn't done anything illegal in the planning/initiating/continuation of this war in Iraq that warrants an impeachment, I am very frightened for you.
Keeping in mind what an impeachment actually is, (I'm not insinuating you don't know, it's just a lot of people still think that "impeaching" means "removing from office"), if you honestly believe that Bush hasn't done anything illegal in the planning/initiating/continuation of this war in Iraq that warrants an impeachment, I am very frightened for you.
Be very frightened for your own silly paranoia.BG was right, you're obsessed a Liberal NutInstead of continuing to hijack this thread, I'd like to suggest that you feel free to rant in Off Topic.
Instead of continuing to hijack this thread, I'd like to suggest that you feel free to rant in Off Topic.
Hahahaha. Wow. Didn't you ask me a direct question, which I replied to? I guess I'll take the blame for the hijack.Anyway, to get back on topic, here is a post from neverwinpoker.com
I consider Sheik a friend, but hes impossible to defend on all sorts of things.This one probably easier than most, amazingly. Hes done all sorts of shit....... and it seems strange that the thing that he might get permanently nailed with........ was somewhat innocent and he already served his time for.Apparently, while he was working in CA........ he was arrested and served time for sexual battery.I believe he spent nine months in prison. The sexual battery stemmed from a sexual relationship he had with a minor.He was 23 and she was 17.He was picked up on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend (you can tell if youve pissed someone off cause they do this to force you to spend at least one extra day in jail or, in this case, the immigration tank).Despite having probably the best lawyer in town, he couldnt get bail. Despite the reports that bail was set at 100k, to the best of my knowledge in all immigration cases...... the Dept of homeland Security has to approve bail....... and in this case, it was denied.Who the **** knows what he did or who he pissed off.If it was a simple immigration case..... it shoulve been over already. He has a family (wife and child)...... has multiple legitimate businesses and to the best of my knowledge pays his taxes.It would seem like someone has it out for him based on what most people i know tell me SHOULD happen in a case like this and what IS happening to HIM.All I know is....... in this day and age...... it wouldnt be so far fetched that he pissed the wrong guy off (god knows if anyone could do it, he could) and they remarkably found a name similar to Sharam Al Sheikan on a terrorist watch-list somewhere and now think his businesses might be a front for laundering terrorist money through online poker sites or some ungodly, who the **** knows, shit like that..........Point is, theres more going on here i think....... than anyone knows........ But those are the facts to the best of my knowledge........ from talking to friends of Shawn.... and Sheiky himself.
And the link, if you want to read the whole thread: http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/index....showtopic=43517
Cappy is really on a roll today!!
TY, but posting with BG is like playing with MJ -- You simply rise to their level by association.....As for the whole politics bs.. We have a buncha blowhards going back and forth on an issue with about 1/2 the facts, 1/4 of the first-hand knowledge, and 0 clue when we'll actually know anything for sure. What a waste of time. I sincerely wish Sheiky the best, if he actually deserves it.....As for the rest of the politics: Bleh. Waste of Time. We're watching kids die needlessly overseas to try and stop terrorism? You can't stop terrorism, you can only give them more reasons to hate us. Try leaving them alone for a while, it works magic. It's either be done with it or go full-scale, anything else is just a waste of time, money, and bloodshed.And lay off Clinton. Bush v1.0 invaded a Middle East country with oil in an election year. Bush v2.0 invaded a Middle East country with oil in an election year. It's what they do. Just live with it. Don't hold your breath waiting for actual governing or economic policy, because it's not going to happen. At least Clinton kept us out of Bosnia for the most part. Of course, if they had oil, I'm sure Bush v2.0 would be raring to help those "poor souls", it being an election year and all..I'm not even a Democrat and this whole thread has made me sick. Seriously, lay off Bubba. He got the job done, and watched as v2.0 floundered and tried to toss everything that fell in his lap on the Bubba administration. Nice try. Bubba pushed more paper through a (GOP-heavy) House and Congress than any president in history. Dubya has both house tilted heavily conservative and hasn't even kept them "gays" from getting married in certain states. At least they made that one of the top priorities. Oh, and let's not forget needing to exert precious time and energy to help out with the whole latest MLB steroids scandal. I hate politics, did I mention that? I hate it even more without Greenspan in "power". At least then I had someone to believe in. I can at least take comfort in the fact that the whole system was set up so fantastically in the first place that the whole country runs itself, and the two worthless powers that be can waste all their time in-fighting and having pissing matches and as long as neither side grows powerful enough to f with the core, our great nation will be fine.That is, we'll be fine until the latest of our failed "Bringing capitalism to our latest rescued country" fads die out and the world starts to realize the reason we succeeded in capitalism is we had a 200 year head start with free (read:slave) labor to give us a cushion. Not to mention we had no EPA or environmental regulations to worry about. Nothing ticks me off more than reading about us giving, say, third-world nations hell for not being environmentally sound, when they are essentially running at the tech level we were during the *cough, cough* industrial revolution. Yeah, and we wonder why we're widening the gap.But yeah, I still hate politics. All that lying, cheating and angle-shooting. But they hate online (untaxed) poker! :club:
Hahahaha. Wow. Didn't you ask me a direct question, which I replied to? I guess I'll take the blame for the hijack.Anyway, to get back on topic, here is a post from neverwinpoker.comAnd the link, if you want to read the whole thread: http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/index....showtopic=43517
Interesting additional information, even if it is circumstantial.