Are There Any Poker Rooms In Iran ?

Just wow.. Funny thing is, I was actually thinking the other day "I haven't seen Sheiky on poker tv in quite a while now".. Then this out of the blue. The whole story just has a "larger than life" quality. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, or if we even get to hear about the resolution of it.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wow.. Funny thing is, I was actually thinking the other day "I haven't seen Sheiky on poker tv in quite a while now".. Then this out of the blue. The whole story just has a "larger than life" quality. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, or if we even get to hear about the resolution of it.
He will be on PAD next week
I think the only reason he is getting the slightest considerations around here is because this is a poker site and we are poker players. We think we "know him" because we see him on TV.Say this wasn't "Sheiky". Lets say this was a guy named Abdullah Bin Hasheem El Ackbar Bin Mohamed- the exact same body of facts as we know now, everything, only he wasn't a "TV Poker Player". He was just a random raghead living in Dearborn who committed felony sex offenses and never bothered to get his citizenship. Is there any doubt that the general consensus would be nearly 100% against him?Consistency is a beautiful thing. It applies to TV celebrities too.
You can say what you want, but, if he was just 'a random raghead living in Dearborn' who slept with a 17 year old he met at a club, then, no..I don't think he should be deported. Land of the free, no?Obv, if he molested a child, or raped anyone, or forced himself on anyone, or acted sexually with someone who was non-consenting, than castrate him. With a can opener.
Visitor in a counrty + conviction of crime + jail time served = he should have been on the first plane out of here when he got released from prison 12 years ago!!!
That's a pretty narrow view.
He was just a random raghead living in Dearborn who committed felony sex offenses and never bothered to get his citizenship. Is there any doubt that the general consensus would be nearly 100% against him?
Without commenting on your fairly obvious disdain for foreignors, I think it's important to point out that Sheikhan didn't commit a felony here.
That's a pretty narrow view.
Why? I may be wrong but i believe it is pretty much standard in the world today.
Any crime..?
Hmmm yes as a matter of fact...read the link on the fisrt post on page one...I will paste part of it here for you!"is facing possible deportation over a 1995 conviction on charges of sexual battery and annoyance or molestation of a child."

"agreed, i stated that I feel bad for him and family...but he is not a citizen...which translate in most of the world including here to GTF out!!!follow the rules or later!!just because our government missed it 12 years ago (clinton years) doesn't make it incorrect now."Whew. How did we ever make it through those Clinton years? With the economy in such good shape, and all. I can see how such a defunct administration would be able to somehow oversee this extremely important issue of deporting Shawn Sheikhan.Thank god that we have the Bush Administration to the rescue now! They are so skilled in many areas, such as:1. Not plunging our country and troops into a war fueled by personal hate and greed, all while lying directly to our faces for 6 years.2. Protecting our citizens against the damage of one of the worst natural disasters of our lifetimes.3. Following advice and using warning signs as a way to protect us from the worst terrorist attack of all time.They are so on top of things, I'm sure they'll clear up this Sheiky crisis in no time.It's funny how conservatives bash Clinton, even after its been almost two full terms since he left office. Especially when it will be common knowledge to my children and grandchildren, when they study history in school, that George W. Bush will be known as the most failed President in US history.

So, ARE there any poker rooms in Iran?
They play it differently in Iran.....
Yep, it seems that Iranians are fanatical for this new game. Fundamentally, from what we can tell, here's how it's played: 1) each guy gets dealt some enriched plutonium/uranium, 2) you aggressively stack chips by building secret facilities to create nuclear reactors/fission, 3) you play a cat-and-mouse game with the international community, constantly running bluffs and coming over the top of "cease" demands by telling ridiculous lies with your perfect poker face, 4) you have a "Matusow blow-up" by testing a weapon underground, 5) you put your opponents on perpetual tilt as they anticipate the next blow-up.

any other lawyers out there who can help me with lexis? i am trying to find information on his conviction. i have three case numbers in walnut creek municipal court (which is in contra costa county) in 1995.1/19/953/22/954/12/95i can't figure out how to get more information on the actual charges. they are in municipal court so these could just be traffic tickets, but i don't see anything else in 1995 from doing a public records search on lexis. any attorneys who are good with this system let me know...

Hmmm yes as a matter of fact...read the link on the fisrt post on page one...I will paste part of it here for you!"is facing possible deportation over a 1995 conviction on charges of sexual battery and annoyance or molestation of a child."
Oh, well then let me fix your post from the first page..
Visitor in a counrty + conviction of a sex crime + jail time served = he should have been on the first plane out of here when he got released from prison 12 years ago!!!
FYPAnd I'd agree with that.You shouldn't be deported for littering, or for simple assault, or relatively inconsequential misdemeanors.
"agreed, i stated that I feel bad for him and family...but he is not a citizen...which translate in most of the world including here to GTF out!!!follow the rules or later!!just because our government missed it 12 years ago (clinton years) doesn't make it incorrect now."Whew. How did we ever make it through those Clinton years? With the economy in such good shape, and all. I can see how such a defunct administration would be able to somehow oversee this extremely important issue of deporting Shawn Sheikhan.Thank god that we have the Bush Administration to the rescue now! They are so skilled in many areas, such as:1. Not plunging our country and troops into a war fueled by personal hate and greed, all while lying directly to our faces for 6 years.2. Protecting our citizens against the damage of one of the worst natural disasters of our lifetimes.3. Following advice and using warning signs as a way to protect us from the worst terrorist attack of all time.They are so on top of things, I'm sure they'll clear up this Sheiky crisis in no time.It's funny how conservatives bash Clinton, even after its been almost two full terms since he left office. Especially when it will be common knowledge to my children and grandchildren, when they study history in school, that George W. Bush will be known as the most failed President in US history.
Well said...i am not going be able to support an arguement against many of your comments...still doesn't make clinton good and i made a lot of money with ol' billy in office.
Oh, well then let me fix your post from the first page.. FYPAnd I'd agree with that.You shouldn't be deported for littering, or for simple assault, or relatively inconsequential misdemeanors.
Now you are splitting hairs! Sex crime / sexual battery....I would love to stay and argue but am going to go play golf now.
Now you are splitting hairs! Sex crime / sexual battery....I would love to stay and argue but am going to go play golf now.
No, I'm really not. You said, "Conviction of a crime", to which I asked, "Any crime?". You didn't qualify it, you didn't say 'sex' crime, that's why I fixed your post--get it? I already posted that if what he did was anything more than consensually sleep with a 17 year old, he should be castrated, so, obv I'd support deportation. I also support deportation for those who cannot or refuse to read critically.
I cant wait for Matusow and him to be playing together in the near future... and Matusow turns to him and says... "Kiddie game's down the street"
Winner.

My first reaction was outrage, but as I understand it, sex crimes are almost always prosecuted as felonies in CA, so the fact that this is a misdemeanor has me curious about what he actually did. I dont care if they keep him or deport him ultimately. Unless there's something we haven't heard about, this looks an awful lot like racial profiling. I'm reserving judgment until I hear more details of the conviction.

My first reaction was outrage, but as I understand it, sex crimes are almost always prosecuted as felonies in CA, so the fact that this is a misdemeanor has me curious about what he actually did. I dont care if they keep him or deport him ultimately. Unless there's something we haven't heard about, this looks an awful lot like racial profiling. I'm reserving judgment until I hear more details of the conviction.
Do you actually have any idea what "Racial Profiling" is?