• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

HAHAHA...TRUE!!!And not to make Serge's day (or any other Leaf fan's day) worse, it is my opinion that Montreal would have won those games if they could have. It's not like they didn't try...Jeff Skinner for ROTY?
Damn straight.My top 3 are Skinner, Grabner, Couture. I'm also ignoring goalies.

lol...Was trying to look up how many rookies have scored 30+ in their rookie season and Selanne had 7fucking6, though it could be argues he wasn't a true rookie, like Skinner, having been "seasoned" in the FInnish Majors for 3 years.Still...76?!?! Wow...and he's still a stud.

lol...Was trying to look up how many rookies have scored 30+ in their rookie season and Selanne had 7fucking6, though it could be argues he wasn't a true rookie, like Skinner, having been "seasoned" in the FInnish Majors for 3 years.Still...76?!?! Wow...and he's still a stud.
Im a homer when it comes to Skinner, so I also gotta add it was a whole different NHL back then. Not saying scoring 76goals was easy, just that the scoring was more rampant. That said, Selanne was amazing. I dont think Skinner today is anywhere near as good as Selanne then. Hell, Im not sure hes as good now as Selanne is today at 64yrs old. But I do think Skinner in 3/4yrs might be a 40-50gl scorer, playing with the right linemates.

I see your point...92-93 season was the last season with an average of more than 7 goals per game (7.25). That ended an approx. 15 year period where the GPG was 7+, give or take.The following year the average dropped to 6.48 and since then has generally been under 6 GPG.

How many other players in the entire league scored more goals than Selanne that season?
He tied with Mogilny for the league lead that season. Mario in 2nd place with 69 goals. That wonderseason makes more sense when you realize that in the live puck era, no other player on the Jets even scored 30 goals that year he got 76...he was basically the only weapon.
That last period was crazy. Non stop action.Love the effort and all the shots at Reimer's glove side was crazy.Go Leafs Go!!!
Just amazing. Hell of an effort to fight all game and beat a very good team....Great goal by Kadri on the shootout winner..We would give anyone in the East a run in a 7 game series..Love this team...Win or lose this year, things are very bright.
Just amazing. Hell of an effort to fight all game and beat a very good team....Great goal by Kadri on the shootout winner..We would give anyone in the East a run in a 7 game series..Love this team...Win or lose this year, things are very bright.
Totally agree. Effort was very good. Tim Brent is a freak. Standing in front of a Chara shot.
Patrick Marleau registered 12 SOG against Dallas last night.
Objection your honor...relevance?

Those two blocks by Brent in OT and the shootout goal by Kadri capped a really gutty performance by the Leafs. They need some serious help, but it could happen...

James Reimer named Rookie of The Month for March. Well deserved...
Going to be very interesting to see what he signs for.I'm I way off on $4 Million total for 2 years ?
Going to be very interesting to see what he signs for.I'm I way off on $4 Million total for 2 years ?
I think that would be a very fair contract for both sides..If he goes on to have two phenomenal years, then he can sign a huge long term contract..If he doesnt than the Leafs arent tied in...I think he deserves more than the contract the Monster got, but obviously doesnt warrant a long term multi $3-$4 mill contract YET.

Another win and we live to fight another day...Playoff hopes are STILL alive, yes they are extremely bleak but they are there..Congrats to Phil Kessel on his 3rd straight 30 goal season, all before his 24th birthday...Also reaching a career high in pts..

I think we need to cheer for Philly to beat the Rangers, and Buffalo to beat Carolina tonight.We have a better chance of catching the Rangers, and we need Carolina to sprinkle in a few losses as well.