Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Gonna be a fun night...The boys should get a nice ovation for a well deserved finish..Gonna be nice to see Colborne and Frattin tonight..Great excitement..Hopefully we hurt the Canadiens tonight emotionally , mentally and in every other way..I hate these bastards..GO LEAFS GO..Lets finish strong.
Good game. Should be better opposition next year.
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

While I think the leafs are doing groundbreaking work scouting the college ranks and pulling decent prospects, I dont understand why they would play Frattin in that game. They just used up the first year of his entry level contract, and he's actually now an RFA for 2011-12. If they DON'T play him, he starts his contract next year instead..

While I think the leafs are doing groundbreaking work scouting the college ranks and pulling decent prospects, I dont understand why they would play Frattin in that game. They just used up the first year of his entry level contract, and he's actually now an RFA for 2011-12. If they DON'T play him, he starts his contract next year instead..
I'm pretty sure that's one of the selling points they use for signing a College Free Agent, play them that one game at the end of the season. I'm guessing that it some how also became part of their negotiations with Frattin to sign a contract even though he was a draft pick. They aren't stupid so they know the consequences of him playing in that one meaningless game.
I'm with Bob on this one. There have been a few guys in the past few years signed to two-year deals, only to play a few games at the end of year 1. Gotta be a selling point for the college dudes. Seems unfortunate though, since it really benefits a team out of the hunt, who can afford to play someone not necessarily ready.

Ron Wilson improved his team by 11 points, despite having one of the youngest teams in the NHL and employed several players that should or could be playing in the AHL. He got career years out of several of his players, and was playing with a roster that was considerably below the salary cap for most of the year.He also did it without employing a boring style..While some pundits claimed that he lost the room and he should be fired, he took his group of youngsters to within a few games of the playoffs despite the adversities that he faced..Thanks Ron for a wonderful year and we are all looking forward to next year with you at the helm.

Colbourne and Frattin looked great last night. Frattin has quite the release on his snap shot.
I had never heard of Frattin before this week. Wanna provide a scouting report on where he'll be in next few years. Does this guy have real upside?
My understanding is that they have to play 10 games before it uses up their first year of eligibility.
My understanding is that they have to play 10 games before it uses up their first year of eligibility.
Thats for their rookie eligibility. But for contract status, if he plays in this season, it counts..
Ron Wilson improved his team by 11 points, despite having one of the youngest teams in the NHL and employed several players that should or could be playing in the AHL. He got career years out of several of his players, and was playing with a roster that was considerably below the salary cap for most of the year.He also did it without employing a boring style..While some pundits claimed that he lost the room and he should be fired, he took his group of youngsters to within a few games of the playoffs despite the adversities that he faced..Thanks Ron for a wonderful year and we are all looking forward to next year with you at the helm.
Yes, Ottawa and Florida miss the playoffs and fire their coaches. Toronto misses the playoffs with the same coach in back to back seasons and talks about extending their coach. And you wonder why they are losers...
I had never heard of Frattin before this week. Wanna provide a scouting report on where he'll be in next few years. Does this guy have real upside?
FWIW, HF has him at 6.5C.I hear he can toss a lawnmower, kitchen table and dinnerware though :club:
Yes, Ottawa and Florida miss the playoffs and fire their coaches. Toronto misses the playoffs with the same coach in back to back seasons and talks about extending their coach. And you wonder why they are losers...
Lol..The biased moronic comment HAD to come out sometime..Comparing the Ottawa and Florida situation to Toronto proves that you know nothing about hockey..Thats all Ill say to that.This is an appropriate time to bring up your inside information on how the coach lost the team...How your friends on the team told you this...Bunch of bullshit that was way off as usual..
Lol..The biased moronic comment HAD to come out sometime..Comparing the Ottawa and Florida situation to Toronto proves that you know nothing about hockey..Thats all Ill say to that.This is an appropriate time to bring up your inside information on how the coach lost the team...How your friends on the team told you this...Bunch of bullshit that was way off as usual..
Okay serge. I forgot that having the maple leaf tattooed up your ass makes you a definitive authority on everything toronto. I'm sure that when the leaf players are at YOUR house, they tell you whats really going on..... congrats on another fine season. You are now approaching the alltime records for futility for a team. What a storied franchise you back....
Okay serge. I forgot that having the maple leaf tattooed up your ass makes you a definitive authority on everything toronto. I'm sure that when the leaf players are at YOUR house, they tell you whats really going on..... congrats on another fine season. You are now approaching the alltime records for futility for a team. What a storied franchise you back....
But you were wrong...Equating the situation in Ottawa and Florida to Toronto is just pathetic IMO..Carry on...
But you were wrong...Equating the situation in Ottawa and Florida to Toronto is just pathetic IMO..Carry on...
No, serge, I wasnt wrong about wilson. I was wrong about him getting fired. There's a big difference. Your short term memory is failing you. Did you forget the horrendous losing streak, fans throwing waffles on the ice and chants of fire wilson? And only when they looked like they had destroyed their chances of making the playoffs did they start to play better? Or did you forget that Ron Wilson, the genius coach had one of the worst PP's and PK's in the league? of course, that's not coaching is it. Or did you forget when Brian Burke demoted Finger to the minors, he said he would use the money to get the leafs a player down the stretch to help them? And then didn't? Perhaps you forgot that your genius coach sat his red hot goalie in a crucial game (Florida) because he said he was worried about killing him with overwork, and then played him the last three games of the season when it meant nothing? I could go on. But everyone's already laughing at you, so the point is made... You can be delusional
No, serge, I wasnt wrong about wilson. I was wrong about him getting fired. There's a big difference. Your short term memory is failing you. Did you forget the horrendous losing streak, fans throwing waffles on the ice and chants of fire wilson? And only when they looked like they had destroyed their chances of making the playoffs did they start to play better? Or did you forget that Ron Wilson, the genius coach had one of the worst PP's and PK's in the league? of course, that's not coaching is it. Or did you forget when Brian Burke demoted Finger to the minors, he said he would use the money to get the leafs a player down the stretch to help them? And then didn't? Perhaps you forgot that your genius coach sat his red hot goalie in a crucial game (Florida) because he said he was worried about killing him with overwork, and then played him the last three games of the season when it meant nothing? I could go on. But everyone's already laughing at you, so the point is made... You can be delusional
Here is the difference...People laugh at "me" in here, but people laugh at you behind your back...Your self proclaimed inside information is BS..

I'm also curious about the Leaf players complaining about their coach. I can appreciate a third-party suggesting a coach is ineffective, but it seems pretty whiny for someone playing professional hockey to complain about their coach. Unless they are beating you, or using poor schemes, then you should stop friggin whining and play hard.For fans or writers, blaming the coach is fine. If we're going to have coaches like Blysma who can keep a team motivated and playing together with their stars gone, it stands to reason there are going to be coaches significantly less good (aka bad). But I would have a hard time listening to a player complaining about a coach (which is why they don't do it when fans can hear perhaps), unless they are specifically referring to schemes, line combinations, etc.

I didn't know much about him until recently either. I know he got kicked out of, or severely disciplined at his college a couple years ago from some drunken incident, then kinda dissapeared for awhile. He scored a pile of goals in College this year and was a finalist for the Hobey Baker. He has apparantly had a few trong training camps with the Leafs but this was the first game I'd seen him play. He seems to have a good nose for the net, and a real quick release on his snap shot.

Congrats to future Vezina winner, Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe Winner James Reimer for being named to represent his country at the World Championships.Should be more Leafs invited including Captain Dion and possibly Schenn and Aulie, depending on how things play out.

Congrats to future Vezina winner, Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe Winner James Reimer for being named to represent his country at the World Championships.Should be more Leafs invited including Captain Dion and possibly Schenn and Aulie, depending on how things play out.
Reimer did a signing at Pickering Flea Market yesterday.What I heard was that they never get phone calls about any player in the past. For Reimer they got over 130 calls.
Reimer did a signing at Pickering Flea Market yesterday.What I heard was that they never get phone calls about any player in the past. For Reimer they got over 130 calls.
I live pretty close to the there..I wish I knew, my son would of LOVED to meet him.
I live pretty close to the there..I wish I knew, my son would of LOVED to meet him.
I can guarantee you that it was a madhouse. I would not go near it.

Some comments from OUR COACH Ron Wilson:"I think Phil can be a 45-50 goal scorer in this league."I'm confident in my ability."Ron Wilson: "As far as I'm concerned, the entire coaching staff will be back"We are probably two or three pieces away from contending not just for the playoffs but for the Stanley Cup

Some comments from OUR COACH Ron Wilson:"I think Phil can be a 45-50 goal scorer in this league."I'm confident in my ability."Ron Wilson: "As far as I'm concerned, the entire coaching staff will be back"We are probably two or three pieces away from contending not just for the playoffs but for the Stanley Cup
He forgot to also say "I'm not a crook", and "I did not have sex with that woman".