• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like rooting for underdogs and all, but I root for USA. Unless they play ARG then I hafta root for Manu cuz I love him so much. I can see rooting against USA because a lot of teams play a game that is so fundamental and it's fun to see them do well, but I can't not root for USA. Especially because so many of the players seem to have a passion for winning this year. I also think everyone is trying to make a better roster/program for USA to dominate again. I would have liked one more shooter on this team, Mike Miller played great last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope LeBron's injury isn't too bad. It doesn't seem to be.Is anybody watching the show on ESPN called USA Baketball: The Road to Redemption. It's a half hour show documenting USA basketball this year. It's pretty good.

I've seen two episodes of it so far and found it interesting enough to pay attention. Jim Rome also did an interview with Jerry Colangelo (sp?) yesterday on Rome is Buring about the team.

I've seen two episodes of it so far and found it interesting enough to pay attention. Jim Rome also did an interview with Jerry Colangelo (sp?) yesterday on Rome is Buring about the team.
I was just flipping through the channels when I saw it and watched. I didn't realize there had already been a couple. What days are they on?
I personally hope that USA doesnt place in the olympics, and yes I am an American
I have to say I am the same way.My reasons are more because I find it funny because we always think we are the best and then put out these alleged killer teams and then we fail. I would enjoy it more and root more for the US if they used college players. I hate that so many Olympic teams like hockey and such are filled with pro's instead of young amateurs.
I have to say I am the same way.My reasons are more because I find it funny because we always think we are the best and then put out these alleged killer teams and then we fail. I would enjoy it more and root more for the US if they used college players. I hate that so many Olympic teams like hockey and such are filled with pro's instead of young amateurs.
So you would like the USA baseball team? I'm pretty sure they use Minor League players.
So you'd prefer not having a chance at a medal.
Yeah, this is REALLY dumb
My reasons are more because I find it funny because we always think we are the best and then put out these alleged killer teams and then we fail.
Five losses in Olympic competetion since 1936 isnt exactly failing.
i say we play spain in the final and win by 140 pts. go USA, GO KOBE GO LEBRON COACH K **** ALL USA PLAYERS, REDEMPTION!!
FTPWow! Yesterday's performance was pretty impressive. I know Canada doesn't really have anybody, but USA didn't have Lebron and we still won by 55. I only watched from the second half of the third quarter til the end, but Chris Paul looked amazing.
FTPWow! Yesterday's performance was pretty impressive. I know Canada doesn't really have anybody, but USA didn't have Lebron and we still won by 55. I only watched from the second half of the third quarter til the end, but Chris Paul looked amazing.
It wouldn't matter if they had Lebron, it's not like he is even the best player on the team. They don't need him to win, he isn't going to carry this team.
It wouldn't matter if they had Lebron, it's not like he is even the best player on the team. They don't need him to win, he isn't going to carry this team.
Well...he is the best player on the team, but it is so stacked with talent that they don't need him to win.
Well...he is the best player on the team, but it is so stacked with talent that they don't need him to win.
You must have forgot Kobe is on this team. Not to mention when it comes to international rules Carmelo is a better weapon than Lebron.

Please don't turn the team usa thread into another Lebron hate fest. I've come around on team usa.. a few years ago, when they were not sending the best players and losing, I really didn't care about the team at all. BUt this year, I want them to sadistically crush the world. Not just beat them, but break them Drago style.

Please don't turn the team usa thread into another Lebron hate fest.
No hate, just facts. Not my fault some guy who stalks pro athletes in Ohio rubs one out to his LJ poster every night.

So I head over to the Venetian Macau today for some lunch and I see a crowd surrounding a table in the food court. I'm curious and look to see Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard having beer and burgers. I told Dwight to not superman Yao's asss in the Olympics...he laughed.that is all