Nice one. Should be a rematch Sunday.
Yeah, it's frustrating to see a bunch of scrubs out there instead of their best players. They could play USA hard for an entire game with their best players. Last night was just a matter of playing style/pride combined with the US knowing there was no chance they could lose. It also didnt help that Scola got in early foul trouble and then Arg head coach threw up the white flag and didnt play Delfino or Scola big minutes. Obv happy to get the cover though, but I was hoping for a better game. I love how those Argentinians play!
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's frustrating to see a bunch of scrubs out there instead of their best players. They could play USA hard for an entire game with their best players. Last night was just a matter of playing style/pride combined with the US knowing there was no chance they could lose. It also didnt help that Scola got in early foul trouble and then Arg head coach threw up the white flag and didnt play Delfino or Scola big minutes. Obv happy to get the cover though, but I was hoping for a better game. I love how those Argentinians play!
They should get their real shot in the Olympics.
They should get their real shot in the Olympics.
Agreed.I mean I think it's obvious that the United States has the most talent and by far the most depth. But Spain and Argentina both have 12 guys each that know how to play basketball and don't get rattled by playing the United States. I think both of those teams will play USA very tough whenever they face each other in the Olympics and wouldn't be surprised if one of them beats them. When you play against those countries it's just NBA players v NBA players, albeit superstars against gritty solid ones. Add in a little experience for the gritty players and the games become veryyy close, sure we're better but in 1 game series' if the teams aren't entirely outclasses anyone can win.I want to see the Manu v Kobe matchup on the offense/defense end. Kobe has dominated everyone defensively and gotten in their head, I don't know if he can do that to Manu, he's very slippery and flops a bunch, he could get Kobe into some foul trouble IMO.
He was reaching because he kept getting the ball. You're right, the international refs are horrible. 38% 3FG is not bad. Kobe and Kidd make such a huge difference this year, it's like night and day. I hope people realize Kobe is a great passer and teammate when the other players are capable of finishing plays, like he was in the 1999-2004 years. As far as Wade, I think he's highly overrated and don't see what he will bring to the table next year that we don't already have in Kobe, Anthony, LeBron.
wow didnt see this before. wade highly overrated? I guess you slept through the 2006 playoffs.....as far as USA basketball goes, I am amazed at how surprised people are (in general not on this forum as much) that the USA kicked everyone's butt. Sure, the rest of the world has caught up some but if you put the true best 16 teams in the world into the next olympics, USA would be supplying 10 or 11 of them. (Just like Brazil could probably put 3 competitive squads into the World cup.)yes, if you slap a mediocre team together last minute they can get beat especially if the team lacks a good PG for cohesiveness. I would be stunned if the US doesnt win a gold in 2008 with this team. If the best players (more or less) play especially Kidd, they should always win.
wow didnt see this before. wade highly overrated? I guess you slept through the 2006 playoffs.....as far as USA basketball goes, I am amazed at how surprised people are (in general not on this forum as much) that the USA kicked everyone's butt. Sure, the rest of the world has caught up some but if you put the true best 16 teams in the world into the next olympics, USA would be supplying 10 or 11 of them. (Just like Brazil could probably put 3 competitive squads into the World cup.)yes, if you slap a mediocre team together last minute they can get beat especially if the team lacks a good PG for cohesiveness. I would be stunned if the US doesnt win a gold in 2008 with this team. If the best players (more or less) play especially Kidd, they should always win.
Meh, if stunned means you'd give me decent odds I'll bet against USA next yr. NBA superstars playing against cohesive NBA player caliber teams will never have a dominating edge in a 1 game series.In basketball if you have a superstar you can always win a game. Probably the only smart thing Bill Walton said the whole damn telecast.
In basketball if you have a superstar you can always win a game. Probably the only smart thing Bill Walton said the whole damn telecast.
He also thinks Ginobli can take on the US team on on 5 apparently, if he sucked Manu's dick anymore there are gonna be video's on the net of it.In summary, fuck Bill Walton and his shitty commentary.
He also thinks Ginobli can take on the US team on on 5 apparently, if he sucked Manu's dick anymore there are gonna be video's on the net of it.In summary, fuck Bill Walton and his shitty commentary.
Admittedly Ginobili is my favorite player in the league...butAll Walton did was suck American dick. The whole damn tourney, just like everyone did. We are playing the fucking Americas! Argentina is the only semi-good team and they didn't bring Ginobili, Nocioni, Walter Hermann, Oberto (all who play in the NBA) and also Pepe Sanchez, and Robert Wolkyzisnkifhuiyryol (spelling might be off on last name :club:). And they still beat everyone except for the US!I had to listen to Walton say all tournament how Brazil was the 2nd best team and Argentina had no depth. No depth? They didn't bring 6 of their best 9 players and they still beat everyone else!Ginobili won't have to take the team 1 on 5, if they fire a double at him everytime Argentinas other players are too talented and will knock down shots, plus I think Walton has never really watched Argentina play. Ginobili doesn't play like Barbosa does for Brazil, he avgs like 17ppg just like he does for the Spurs. He just takes the game over late if they need him, otherwise they run their offense and do their high/low stuff and back cut. They will play very smart on defense and (the other smart thing Walton said) pack it in on D, not let any fast break dunks take place, eat up the shot clock on offense, and they'll make Kidd, and LeBron hit jumpers and whichever US big man is out there beat them.I still think US is a favorite playing them, but not a 12+pt one, and whenever we play close games in these things we look like shit becase their is no one leader. If you think for one second Melo is going to let Kobe try to win the game I think you're out of your mind, and Melo simply isn't as clutch as Kobe.
I still think US is a favorite playing them, but not a 12+pt one, and whenever we play close games in these things we look like shit becase their is no one leader. If you think for one second Melo is going to let Kobe try to win the game I think you're out of your mind, and Melo simply isn't as clutch as Kobe.
If Melo was 1/2 as good as he thought he was, he would be the best player in the league by a large margin.
Look, I like Dwyane Wade, he's very good, but I think the overall perception of his rank in the league is too high. He has many weaknesses in his game that he's been able to hide with how Miami's team has been made up the last couple years. He's still young and not yet in his prime, but still a top-10 player in the league. Oh yeah, you have to admit he gets every call too.
Look, I like Dwyane Wade, he's very good, but I think the overall perception of his rank in the league is too high. He has many weaknesses in his game that he's been able to hide with how Miami's team has been made up the last couple years. He's still young and not yet in his prime, but still a top-10 player in the league. Oh yeah, you have to admit he gets every call too.
i think "many" weaknesses is pushing it. turnovers and 3pt shooting. thats the list to me. and i dont care about 3 pt shooting....its unnecessary.saying he gets all the calls is silly.....all superstars do.edit: in fairness the TO issue is a big one....he plays out of control sometimes. i just took issue with "WAY" overrated. mildly overrated seems much fairer. i will still take him.
i think "many" weaknesses is pushing it. turnovers and 3pt shooting. thats the list to me. and i dont care about 3 pt shooting....its unnecessary.saying he gets all the calls is silly.....all superstars do.edit: in fairness the TO issue is a big one....he plays out of control sometimes. i just took issue with "WAY" overrated. mildly overrated seems much fairer. i will still take him.
I agree, I got a little excited. He's mildly overrated. It's not even his 3-pt shooting, it's his shot from beyond 18 feet. It limits his game a lot, although he is improving.His defense is bad, and he makes bad decisions on offense. His reading of the defense and what's best available is not great, either.Also, if you watch 82 games of D-Wade and 82 games of Kobe, you will see a difference in officiating. It's not even close.
I agree, I got a little excited. He's mildly overrated. It's not even his 3-pt shooting, it's his shot from beyond 18 feet. It limits his game a lot, although he is improving.His defense is bad, and he makes bad decisions on offense. His reading of the defense and what's best available is not great, either.Also, if you watch 82 games of D-Wade and 82 games of Kobe, you will see a difference in officiating. It's not even close.
His assist totals are pretty good. He sees the D fine. He just tries to do way too much some times. His defense is not bad. He gets lots of steals. He is not a great one on one defender like Kobe. he could be but he expends too much energy on offense still. he will only get better there.I dont buy at all that Wade gets more calls than Lebron. They might both get a little better than Kobe just because Kobe has had so much negative stuff swirl around him. Premier slashers always get the calls. People just need to get over it.
I dont buy at all that Wade gets more calls than Lebron. They might both get a little better than Kobe just because Kobe has had so much negative stuff swirl around him. Premier slashers always get the calls. People just need to get over it.
I don't have a problem with superstars getting calls, they're going to, they're more aggressive. I do have a problem with a guy that was in the league 2 years before he started getting MJ respect.
I don't have a problem with superstars getting calls, they're going to, they're more aggressive. I do have a problem with a guy that was in the league 2 years before he started getting MJ respect.
When you are clearly the best player on the court in the NBA finals, you tend to get a little more respect.
  • 2 months later...

November 13heat Team Heat Bobcats 7:00 PM ETGame Info bobcats sonics Team Supersonics Magic 7:00 PM ETGame Info magic celtics Team Celtics Pacers 7:00 PM ETGame Info pacers rockets Team Rockets Grizzlies 8:00 PM ETGame Info grizzlies sixers Team 76ers Mavericks 8:30 PM ETGame Info mavericks lakers Team Lakers Spurs 8:30 PM ETGame Info spurs knicks Team Knicks Suns 9:00 PM ETGame Info suns pistons Team Pistons Trail Blazers 10:00 PM ETGame Info

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...