• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it was probably the boss anyways!
i don't know we have this older fellow who everyone says has clogged the toilet before because they say he eat alot of fiber?whatever, the turd is so gross. i just hope i don't get blamed for it cause i went in there 3x in the last 20 mins to see if it was gone.i think i'm gonna choose option 3 and wait 15 more mins to lunch. fucking sloppy joes
i don't know we have this older fellow who everyone says has clogged the toilet before because they say he eat alot of fiber?whatever, the turd is so gross. i just hope i don't get blamed for it cause i went in there 3x in the last 20 mins to see if it was gone.i think i'm gonna choose option 3 and wait 15 more mins to lunch. fucking sloppy joes
Get teh plunger and get to work

Andromeda, the people in here are a little friendlier than the donks in General. Do you understand why that one hand is always a shove and never a check through?EDIT: Sorry to interrupt what was a compelling conversation.

Andromeda, the people in here are a little friendlier than the donks in General. Do you understand why that one hand is always a shove and never a check through?EDIT: Sorry to interrupt what was a compelling conversation.
I've been on enough forums to not take anything personally :club: Do I understand it? Yes and no - it just seems to me like even though if 1 out of 1,000,000 hands a solid player effs up and folds/misclicks, why put extra chips in the pot if I don't have to? The reason I opt for the check is because I would just end up getting the chips I put into the pot back. In the effort to get someone to be a nit and fold, I don't really see this being necessary long term.am I not making any sense though? I kinda feel like everyone thinks there is no logic to what I am saying. There is no -EV here, only +EV IF they're dumb enough to fold - I give my home game peeps more credit than that I guess.
I've been on enough forums to not take anything personally :club: Do I understand it? Yes and no - it just seems to me like even though if 1 out of 1,000,000 hands a solid player effs up and folds/misclicks, why put extra chips in the pot if I don't have to? The reason I opt for the check is because I would just end up getting the chips I put into the pot back. In the effort to get someone to be a nit and fold, I don't really see this being necessary long term.am I not making any sense though? I kinda feel like everyone thinks there is no logic to what I am saying. There is no -EV here, only +EV IF they're dumb enough to fold - I give my home game peeps more credit than that I guess.
Can I get a link to this hand?
Get teh plunger and get to work
i tried to plunge it. honestly i went in for at least six plunges. flush and nothing but water in bowl getting very high. i went at lunch at the chinese buffet with all kinda chinese writing (gang signs) on the walls. i feel better.
what hand are we talking about
Yup, tourney it's always a shove, cash game always check-call. If the board shows the nuts in holdem, and you don't have to worry about rake, just do something to try to get them to fold... you can never be hurt by going all in there and can only be helped.
am I not making any sense though? I kinda feel like everyone thinks there is no logic to what I am saying. There is no -EV here, only +EV IF they're dumb enough to fold - I give my home game peeps more credit than that I guess.
well then we obviously bet/shove here right?
Yup, tourney it's always a shove, cash game always check-call. If the board shows the nuts in holdem, and you don't have to worry about rake, just do something to try to get them to fold... you can never be hurt by going all in there and can only be helped.
I personally don't know much about tournament playing so good to know!
well then we obviously bet/shove here right?
good call, it doesn't hurt either way (check it down or bet/call/shove).still got so much to learn, this game is tough :club: anyone want to mentor me? lol
I personally don't know much about tournament playing so good to know!good call, it doesn't hurt either way (check it down or bet/call/shove).
No we never check this ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever evergot it
No we never check this ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever evergot it
yes, what I meant by that is that since the worst that can happen is the split, the result is the same whether it's a check or a shove - so might as well shove.

LOL. I've only played about 60 hours since yesterday. How is that not giving up poker?Also, how's the maple syrup-eating, Penguin-cheering, Labatt-guzzling surly moderator from Lakehead doing?

Also, how's the maple syrup-eating, Penguin-cheering, Labatt-guzzling surly moderator from Lakehead doing?
indeed - he hasn't stopped by to berate me about my check vs. raise when playing the board situation yet. so unlike him...
Also, how's the maple syrup-eating, Penguin-cheering, Labatt-guzzling surly moderator from Lakehead doing?
I saw him for liek 5 mins last night while he and mike were gonna go and play 3 card poker but didn't want to dole out $15 min per hand at Caesar's.I'm picking them both up tomorrow after work and we're gonna go play at Red Rock.

Andromeda, think of it like this, there is no advantage to checking, but there is a small advantage to betting. Even if your opponent only folds as a misclick, you make more money than if you just check.This is always true in a tourney.

Guys in general are generally douche bags overall, fyi.Obviously if you're playing someone you know knows what they're doing then shoving does nothing.

Guys in general are generally douche bags overall, fyi.Obviously if you're playing someone you know knows what they're doing then shoving does nothing.
Yes it does. This is not being douchey. If they only ever fold on a misclick, your still making money.Admittedly it might .2 of 1 chip, but it's still +EV to shove. You should always do this in a tourney, there is not one good reason not to.

guys, I GET IT :bubble_lol:I don't play much online, mainly a home game amongst friends - and I have never played a tournament.@ min_falcon, but there is no disadvantage to checking as you wouldn't lose any money in the pot. I now understand what everyone is saying and to take a neutral EV instead of a +EV is not the right decision. This is why I signed up, obviously I've got a long way to go in my game and I'm trying to learn. I look at this as a good thing - I am open and willing to discuss it, even if it makes me look like a fool/donkey/fish.@NoBBiR - As for the guys in general - I've experienced worse than them, little fish in the big pond of internet forums. The annoying part is no one was reading what I wrote, just what I said vs. what the original post was - in this case, my mistake of trying to compare a online tourney hand to a live cash game hand - obvious differences that I was just not paying attention to.ez boys, gonna go watch TV with the gf and eat dinner - talk to you in the AM!