Indianapolis Colts

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great analysis. How about you make an argument why he should punt, besides the close my eyes, plug my ears and say " i'm not listening" argument.
I'm not sure which was worse: Wilbon playing the "it didn't work so it was a bad call" card or Simmons saying it was a bad call because "you have to play the percentages."I also hate the "it's disrespectful to the defense" argument because by that thinking, it would be disrespectful to the offense to tell them you don't think they can get two yards.
I'm not sure which was worse: Wilbon playing the "it didn't work so it was a bad call" card or Simmons saying it was a bad call because "you have to play the percentages."I also hate the "it's disrespectful to the defense" argument because by that thinking, it would be disrespectful to the offense to tell them you don't think they can get two yards.
Simmons is worse, because he doesn't know what the percentages are. Listening to him talk about gambling or anything that's percentage based always starts to make my head hurt. I think the disrespect argument is one of the worst of all. These people are professionals. Coaches make their decisions based on what they think gives the team the best chance to win, not their players feelings. This isn't women's softball.
Simmons is worse, because he doesn't know what the percentages are. Listening to him talk about gambling or anything that's percentage based always starts to make my head hurt. I think the disrespect argument is one of the worst of all. These people are professionals. Coaches make their decisions based on what they think gives the team the best chance to win, not their players feelings. This isn't women's softball.
yeah, seriously, I would bet anything that if Bruschi still played for the Pats he would have lined up right behind Belichik with the rest. Simmons is probably incapable of not being results oriented on this one because he is a fan.
yeah, seriously, I would bet anything that if Bruschi still played for the Pats he would have lined up right behind Belichik with the rest. Simmons is probably incapable of not being results oriented on this one because he is a fan.
Simmons always is. Simmons at his core thinks about sports emotionally, not logically. Just because gives his opinions proped up with convoluted theories and pop cultural references, never think he talks or thinks about sports logically. He trusts 100 percent what his gut tells him and his eyes show him. And sometimes your eyes lie, sometimes what you think you see, isn't what you see. Simmons is the voice of the typical sports fan, because his voice is more articulate than most, I think his opinions are given more weight than they deserve. I am entertained by the sports guy, but he's not a great sports mind.
Simmons always is. Simmons at his core thinks about sports emotionally, not logically. Just because gives his opinions proped up with convoluted theories and pop cultural references, never think he talks or thinks about sports logically. He trusts 100 percent what his gut tells him and his eyes show him. And sometimes your eyes lie, sometimes what you think you see, isn't what you see. Simmons is the voice of the typical sports fan, because his voice is more articulate than most, I think his opinions are given more weight than they deserve. I am entertained by the sports guy, but he's not a great sports mind.
I think some of his theories have merit but, yeah, he is a fan at heart.I listened to his podcast and one thing I do agree with is the call on 4th and 2 stunk. A 2 yard out to the 3rd down running back? That's an odd choice. The Colts blitzed six so they had one on one with all five guys. I feel like going to Welker or Moss makes more sense. That's the beauty of hindsight though.
I think some of his theories have merit but, yeah, he is a fan at heart.I listened to his podcast and one thing I do agree with is the call on 4th and 2 stunk. A 2 yard out to the 3rd down running back? That's an odd choice. The Colts blitzed six so they had one on one with all five guys. I feel like going to Welker or Moss makes more sense. That's the beauty of hindsight though.
Jesus what he wrote today was so terrible. I think I'm going to ship back book of basketball when it arrives next week. Right now I'm like 65-35 infavor of returning it.
Jesus what he wrote today was so terrible. I think I'm going to ship back book of basketball when it arrives next week. Right now I'm like 65-35 infavor of returning it.
I am already 500 pages deep. No turning back.But yeah, when your main arguments are: no one ever does that or it totally pissed of Indy's D then you are just looking for reasons to kill Belichik.
But yeah, when your main arguments are: no one ever does that or it totally pissed of Indy's D then you are just looking for reasons to kill Belichik.
I think a defense's alertness and energy on a single play is a valid factor.
I think a defense's alertness and energy on a single play is a valid factor.
I would like to think they had the same alertness and energy on every play that drive. It was a pretty important one.
I would like to think they had the same alertness and energy on every play that drive. It was a pretty important one.
Well, they had the timeout to catch their breath, so I definitely think they were a little extra amped up for that 4th down.
Best team in the NFL.
Strongly disagree with this. They might be top 3, but they are definitely not #1.SaintsVikingsPatriots - ColtsI honestly don't think they are better than the Patriots. The Vikings are looking really really good.But you could definitely make a case for these four teams in any order.
Strongly disagree with this. They might be top 3, but they are definitely not #1.SaintsVikingsPatriots - ColtsI honestly don't think they are better than the Patriots. The Vikings are looking really really good.But you could definitely make a case for these four teams in any order.
It's hard to argue the Vikings aren't strong since they do have one of the best records, but they've also had an incredibly easy schedule this far. I guess we'll have to see if they really mean business when the playoffs come around.
Saints - NFCVikings - NFCThe Colts are #1, and the Patriots are #2 in my eyes.
Saints - NFCVikings - NFCThe Colts are #1, and the Patriots are #2 in my eyes.
<-------Agree. The NFC is a bit of a joke compared to the AFC. The Vikings have played one great team, Pittsburgh, and lost with Brett Favre looking remarkably like the can't avoid killing his team Favre from last December. The Saints might actually be awesome. I don't know. They have not looked very good the last month. Miami, not a powerhouse, made them look awful for a half until Brees came alive (and the officials handed them 14 points! God, I am still ****ing pissed!). But who have they beaten? If they beat the Pats, I am on board their bandwagon. There is a reason 11-5 did not get to the playoffs in the AFC last year. The AFC is brutal at the top. Indy, SD, NE seem to be good year after year after year and the odds are Pitt rights the ship. I think it says so much about the difficulty of the AFC that Baltimore is 5-5. Put them in the NFC and they are at least 7-3.The Colts have earned that 10-0. They are definitely the #1 team in the league right now by accomplishments.
Pit is done, watch out for SD.
If the Steelers sneak into the playoffs and Polamalu gets healthy, no one will want to play them. And yeah, San Diego is getting hot.If anyone is done, it's the Broncos. Boy did they get exposed fast. If they play NE again now, I bet they lose by 20.Since this is the Colts thread, I will add that peyton manning needs to step it up a little fantasy wise. He has been slipping and it is not cool.
If the Steelers sneak into the playoffs and Polamalu gets healthy, no one will want to play them. And yeah, San Diego is getting hot.If anyone is done, it's the Broncos. Boy did they get exposed fast. If they play NE again now, I bet they lose by 20.Since this is the Colts thread, I will add that peyton manning needs to step it up a little fantasy wise. He has been slipping and it is not cool.
Peyton has not played well the last 4 games. Granted his not playing well is still better than most QB's. If he gets it together look out!
<-------Agree. The NFC is a bit of a joke compared to the AFC. The Vikings have played one great team, Pittsburgh, and lost with Brett Favre looking remarkably like the can't avoid killing his team Favre from last December. The Saints might actually be awesome. I don't know. They have not looked very good the last month. Miami, not a powerhouse, made them look awful for a half until Brees came alive (and the officials handed them 14 points! God, I am still ****ing pissed!). But who have they beaten? If they beat the Pats, I am on board their bandwagon. There is a reason 11-5 did not get to the playoffs in the AFC last year. The AFC is brutal at the top. Indy, SD, NE seem to be good year after year after year and the odds are Pitt rights the ship. I think it says so much about the difficulty of the AFC that Baltimore is 5-5. Put them in the NFC and they are at least 7-3.The Colts have earned that 10-0. They are definitely the #1 team in the league right now by accomplishments.
LOL, did you actually watch the game? the vikings dominated the steelers...DOMINATEDsteelers were extremly lucky to get out of there with a win...everything went their way...there were 3 bs calls by the refs in the 4th quarter...1...the "tripping" call that took away a TD from favre that would have given the vikings the lead in the 4th quarter 2...steelers had the ball in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 5 and the refs call "defensive delay of game"? lol, it was so bizzare the announcers had to look it up in the rule book to get an explanation...3...the big catch rice made in the 4th quarter that was called out of bounds (overturned)yet, after all the blown calls, the fluke fumble in the red zone that gave the steelers a TD(10-14 point swing)favre still had the vikings in position to win the game...and if that ball doesent slip out of taylors hand, the vikings win the game...Favre had a descent game and that interception was not his fault...i love how all these haters always refer to favres collapse last year, like its bound to happen again...i guess his collapse last year during the 2nd half of the season had nothing to do with his injury, hes just old and he sucks :-pif the vikings and steelers happen to make the superbowl( doubt steelers can get thru Colts/Pats but you never know), the vikings will DESTROY the steelers on a neutral feild...here are the numbers from the game: vikings on the left and steeleres on the right1st downs... 21 14total plays... 77 50total yards... 386 258passing... 297 152rushing 89 106penalties 11/78 yds 3/15yds :club: turnovers 2 1possesion 36:58 23:02