Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

Like or hate this guy he is not putting on a show for anyone, which will be a pleasant change. :club:
Yeah. I'm very uncomfortable with that open religiousness and begging god to let him wine but the money could have definately gone to a worse guy than Yang.I say: Congratulations!
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally. Even worse was the atmosphere. Taking a huge lead, then a dagger hitting in the biggest event in poker, and hundreds of people either A) Gasping, B ) Going ballistic. I'd rather the AQ just bricked off.
QFT

I change my mind about this guy, I think he will be great for poker. He is really nice, and humble. He came from NOTHING in a Thailand refugee camp, to a WSOP champ and $8 million.Congrats Jerry. :club:

I change my mind about this guy, I think he will be great for poker. He is really nice, and humble. He came from NOTHING in a Thailand refugee camp, to a WSOP champ and $8 million.Congrats Jerry. :club:
Is it a better story than Moneymaker?I say hell yes.
Yang was by far the best player at the table with the russian second best.
I wasn't terribly impressed with the Russian, either. Both he and Tuan seemed to be playing so weakly and so passively.It's a shame the first two eliminated didn't stick around longer. Would've been interesting.
Did anyone else think that Tuan played just a horrible, horrible final table?
No he didn't. He made few obvious mistakes, he just played too weak/tight, which I'm sure is out of character for him. But he was patient and moved up the prize ladder very far which I can't fault him for.How many of you guys who are mostly low-stakes-donks like me can really honestly say that they would gamble to play for the win instead of playing more like Lam when so much money is at stake? Honestly.
Yang was by far the best player at the table with the russian second best.
I think thats stretching it a bit, I missed 3-4 hours in the middle but from what I saw he was a bit passive.
i was rooting against this guy at 1st cuz i didnt want a donk to win...at this point, i could care less how good or bad he is at poker, im so happy he won...what a nice guy and a class act, wow.he's gonna be a great ambassodor.(sp?)
Totally agreed....
No he didn't. He made few obvious mistakes, he just played too weak/tight, which I'm sure is out of character for him. But he was patient and moved up the prize ladder very far which I can't fault him for.How many of you guys who are mostly low-stakes-donks like me can really honestly say that they would gamble to play for the win instead of playing more like Lam when so much money is at stake? Honestly.
Okay, but if you're going to just sit around and move up the ladder, sit around and move up the ladder. Instead, he kept betting into Yang and Yang raised every single time. Not most of the time. Every time. And he kept folding. If he really was just trying to move up the money, why didn't he adapt to that at all? Or adapt to anything?
I can't wait to see the hole cards. He had me totally clueless to what he was holding the entire time.
I can't wait to see the Lee Childs QQ hand. That changes the entire final table.
That is how bad the rest were.
The early exits of the better players were just stupid plays and there was no need to make them, they deserved to get knocked out. They played it like a turbo SNG when in reality there was lots of play and they could have waited for better spots. You think Lee Watkinson of all people would have waited after seeing what happened to the first 2 exits and he must have known there was a very good chance of getting called.
Did anyone else think that Tuan played just a horrible, horrible final table?
If that final table was shown online at PS, I'm pretty sure Pokerstars would have saved bandwith by having a "Tuan Lam (Sitting Out)" avatar...Dude was non-existant for long... long.... LONG stretches.. He obviously had game to get there.. You *can't* luckbox yourself that far in a MTT of that magnitude. It's a shame he never got to use it. Might have been better for both players if that runner-runner straight didn't end the tournament. We would have gotten a much clearer picture of the better player if they both got to play some (relatively) deep-stacked HU..
I can't wait to see the Lee Childs QQ hand. That changes the entire final table.
I have a big bet on that. I think the QQ was behind. We made the bet about two hours after the hand ended...so enough time to see that Yang was moving chips around.
If that final table was shown online at PS, I'm pretty sure Pokerstars would have saved bandwith by having a "Tuan Lam (Sitting Out)" avatar...
That made me LOL. :club:
I have a big bet on that. I think the QQ was behind. We made the bet about two hours after the hand ended...so enough time to see that Yang was moving chips around.
What do u think he had ?
I agree. I would be shocked if Yang didn't have aces or kings there.
No, I just don't think God would take an interest in random poker games.
People just can't NOT believe and leave it at that? I think the concept is silly, but to people who believe, God is always with them no matter what they do. Taking a dump, feeding the homeless, playing poker, etc. Considering the overall state of world affairs, I wouldn't be surprised to see God kicking his feet up at a poker game. He's certainly a slacker if nothing else. That being said, to say that you have a pretty good grasp of his schedule and priorities sounds 10X as stupid as someone who thanks God for helping them accomplish whatever it is they do. Get over yourself already.Anyway, not to hiijack. That was the one of the most exciting hands I've seen, and I'm very glad I stayed up and got to watch it live. Congrats to both of them.
It would be so awesome to see a Hellmuth or DN at one of these super deepstacked FT's. Lots of limping and post-flop play. Just think if Scotty doesn't blow it.
There wasn't alot of post flop play actually, Yang forced big pots the whole time.
What do u think he had ?
I think he had AA or KK.In fact, I thought he was just getting smacked by the deck in the beginning and still kind of felt that way when I made the bet. I still think he had KK or AA, but I would've been less eager to make the bet right now after watching him re-raise every hand. :club: