Wsop $10 K Main Event Day 3, 4 And 5

Bah. Out in 372nd for $35,000.Really tough day, so card dead. A few moves worked well. I bluffed Varkoni with 4-high (he was a really nice guy and all, but his "nerdy" comments really got annoying. It was probably my biggest test of patience to not call him a dork, and that's saying something given me). My peak was just over 220k, but for 6 hours, I got only KK, and it lost to AJ, and after that, my best pair was 4-4, best non-pair was A-9. Sick bad timing to run so bad and card dead. I eventually survived to the last level where I began shoving. Worked well, but ran into QQ from the button with K9 (woof), and didn't suck out amazingly.Was a good game, very happy with my game, played as best I could before it became desperation time, made two sick calls, never missed an opportuntiy really, and battled back from the toughest beat I've ever taken on day 1 which left me with 6,000 chips and worked it well into the money.Overall, a success, just not the one I envisioned.Between the wsop and the ceo poker tour at the venetian, a healthy 55k week, I think it's gonna still be a good year, but the big one will have to wait.Go Waco.
Very nice cash, and good to hear you had a good week. Congrats! :club:
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sick would it be for poker if Sully Erna won the main event??
As long as Robert Varkonyi is still in, that isn't gong to happen....But that would be awesome, talk about drawing celebrities to poker.. He cashed last year if I'm not mistaken correct? He seems like a solid contender
High Stakes this guy made like 50 million from the spiderman movies and he is married to the daughter of a billionaire movie exec. Who would expect him to not play high stakes?
I'm thinking Toby just wants to play poker well and win it all. But while doing that, he also doesn't want the media to surround in because if he makes a bad move or something, he will probably be portrayed as a "donkey" and he doesn't want that image at all.And BTWCongrats Obey!
How sick would it be for poker if Sully Erna won the main event??
Or Tobey Maguire. If one of them..hopefully Tobey since he's a lot more well known...could somehow win, we will see a whole new poker boom.
Or Tobey Maguire. If one of them..hopefully Tobey since he's a lot more well known...could somehow win, we will see a whole new poker boom.
A new poker boom with alot of juice espicially if you play at the higher limits. Those celebs have deep pockets.

tytyty. I'm playing pretty far above the rim right now, it was a great "enhancing" experience, as I'm only getting better and learned a few new things I can do, while at the same time losing even more respect for Mr. Varkoni's "game" (but gaining respect in that he is obviously a good person, which we need more of in poker).Oh and finally got to meet GetSprung, and the Harry Potter thing cracked me up, but we're gonna let it die...well at least until after the movie comes out later this month. Proud to be FCP. Now if I can just get some stakements to the wpt-aments, I'm all set.Now let's focus our efforts on Jared "Irunsogoot, butIplayevenbetter" Hamby and Robin "IgotSolFever" Bergren.They need our mojo, and I want to be watching the live final table with one, if not both, on Tuesday.

tytyty. I'm playing pretty far above the rim right now, it was a great "enhancing" experience, as I'm only getting better and learned a few new things I can do, while at the same time losing even more respect for Mr. Varkoni's "game" (but gaining respect in that he is obviously a good person, which we need more of in poker).Oh and finally got to meet GetSprung, and the Harry Potter thing cracked me up, but we're gonna let it die...well at least until after the movie comes out later this month. Proud to be FCP. Now if I can just get some stakements to the wpt-aments, I'm all set.Now let's focus our efforts on Jared "Irunsogoot, butIplayevenbetter" Hamby and Robin "IgotSolFever" Bergren.They need our mojo, and I want to be watching the live final table with one, if not both, on Tuesday.
The movie came out!!!!Weeeee Potter!!

D'oh! Robin Bergen takes a hit:(From pokernews)Isaac Haxton Wins A Huge PotWith nearly a half million in the pot already and the board reading {9-Clubs}{6-Hearts}{A-Hearts}{8-Hearts}{9-Diamonds} Haxton made a 250,000 bet and Robin Bergren called. He turned over {K-Spades}{K-Clubs} which was second best to Haxton's {A-Diamonds}{2-Diamonds}. That pot pushed Haxton up to 1,400,000.

Matt Sterling EliminatedMatt Sterling led out for 20,000 and was raised to 75,000 by Robin Bergren. Sterling pushed all-in for 200,000 and Bergren made the call. Sterling showed pocket nines and Bergren showed {A-Clubs}{K-Clubs}, and the race was on.Board: {4-Diamonds}{3-Clubs}{2-Hearts}{A-Diamonds}{Q-Hearts}The ace on the turn sealed the deal and Sterling was eliminated.

What site do you guys use for updates? Pokernews seems pretty good with the live updates, but I was just checking their chip counts and found Huckleberry Seed about 5 spots below Huck Seed, so I'm not sure how accurate they are
Pokernews is the only site that gives regular updates. The other sites only get to do hourly updates.
Matt Sterling EliminatedMatt Sterling led out for 20,000 and was raised to 75,000 by Robin Bergren. Sterling pushed all-in for 200,000 and Bergren made the call. Sterling showed pocket nines and Bergren showed {A-Clubs}{K-Clubs}, and the race was on.Board: {4-Diamonds}{3-Clubs}{2-Hearts}{A-Diamonds}{Q-Hearts}The ace on the turn sealed the deal and Sterling was eliminated.
I'm not really sure how that sealed the deal, but go Berg.
Who is robin? How many chips does he have?How many does waco have?
Robin Bergren is from Saskatoon, Sask and was one of the Protege 2 finalists along with his Brother Sol who was a finalist at Protege 2 and was second in the first Protege promo.He was a regular player at FCP when we were at On Game and can still be found playing multiple tables of 10/20 NL online.Robin has $600K chips according to Poker News.Jared Hamby has $170K
Robin Bergren is from Saskatoon, Sask and was one of the Protege 2 finalists along with his Brother Sol who was a finalist at Protege 2 and was second in the first Protege promo.He was a regular player at FCP when we were at On Game and can still be found playing multiple tables of 10/20 NL online.Robin has $600K chips according to Poker News.Jared Hamby has $170K
Anyone know if Jerry entered the ME? (sw)
You just had to mention he was from canada, eh. Robin and his brother Sol are both really nice guys(canadian) who crush NL cash games online and also are great tourney players. I believe Robin made the final table of the OnGame Barcelona tourney. I also beat him in Sol's HU competition by sucking out twice so when he wins I can say I beat the world champ.GL Rob and Waco!