Your Zombie Fortress

What are your criteria for the best anti-Zombie fortress?I think I'd like to have an island fortress. This would require boats, of course, but I think an island would add some favorable protections, unless the zombies are of an aquatic variety or can track a live person across water.

What are your criteria for the best anti-Zombie fortress?I think I'd like to have an island fortress. This would require boats, of course, but I think an island would add some favorable protections, unless the zombies are of an aquatic variety or can track a live person across water.
most zombies cant swim although in Land of the Dead they did walk across the river (under water) so i guess anything is possible but i would say an island fortress is a good start

All you would need is for the only entrance to be one of those moving walkways like you see in the airport moving away from the fortress.

All you would need is for the only entrance to be one of those moving walkways like you see in the airport moving away from the fortress.
But it will break down in the middle of the night while you're sleeping.
And the person on watch will have been distracted by the newly arrived sexy girl at an inopportune time. She'll also be the one the zombie's tracked, due to some chemical in her brain the zombie's really need. ****in *****.
A mountaintop fortress with sheer cliff walls and a raging river at the bottom. So I could knock the zombies off the mountainside and watch them splash in the river. Of course.

I made a zombie movie my senior year it took place in the home depot by my houseIt was called Teenage Flesh Feast and now im going to go find it

I'd just put Beans, Chane, and Shake outside my house, give them a couple cases of beer, and tell them it's a shootin' party.

A mountaintop fortress with sheer cliff walls and a raging river at the bottom. So I could knock the zombies off the mountainside and watch them splash in the river. Of course.
Mountain top fortresses are +EV, but quick access for you and your allies could be an issue. However, if you're worried about other humans encroaching on your turf, it's a great thing to have and more defensible than an island.

island can't be good. just look at the people from dawn of the dead. the island zombies got 'em in the end.i think the sewers would be safe, its underground, plus there's sure to be enough corn and peanut particles for the eating.

island can't be good. just look at the people from i think the sewers would be safe, its underground, plus there's sure to be enough corn and peanut particles for the eating.
you did not just go there, there has to be better solutions.
Mountain top fortresses are +EV, but quick access for you and your allies could be an issue. However, if you're worried about other humans encroaching on your turf, it's a great thing to have and more defensible than an island.
GeEEEEz. tHink 4 a MINute. R tHERe ReaLLy aLLieS in A ZOMBIE APOCoCLIpS?

Ground level fortresses are vulnerable to just sheer numbers of zombies running them over, the house in 28 days later had mine fields and turrets, but a couple hundred or thousand zombies could get passed that. Same with the island, zombies swimming from every direction would get by the defences. The mountain and sheer cliffs can be defended against large armies of zombies, kind of like the wall in lord of the rings. I was thinking a bomb shelter, and just avoid the zombies. Hide underground for a couple of years and hope someone else cleaned up the mess.

GeEEEEz. tHink 4 a MINute. R tHERe ReaLLy aLLieS in A ZOMBIE APOCoCLIpS?
That post reminded me of the Spiders on Drugs YouTube video
I forgot to mention the sign on the door that reads, "No brains here. Please move along."
I'd just put Beans, Shane, and Shake outside my house, give them a couple cases of beer, and tell them it's a shootin' party.
I was fully prepared to insinuate the same thing, but you beat me.in that case, my ideal zombie fortress would be me outside of a walmart or mall, in a portable deer stand, with my M4, 12 and 20 gauge (why be choosy at a time like this?), 270, 30-30, and my .22 for when I get bored of just killing. beans would be in an opposite end tree stand, and Shane would just drive around in an old pickup with an uzi. oh, and we'd all have a bunch of beer. why not, you know.

I've never understood the complete dealings with zombies.But anywhere you could hang out for more than 2-5 months as I don't see how zombies could last in a deteriorating body for more than that period of time. Such as a mall as in Dawn of the dead.. I would personally raid my local gun shop before hand of course. Not the best zombie plan, but I think it would be effective.

• 2 weeks later...