Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

I could never catch a break in this ****...I hate the early structure btw...but I won't blame that. I had JJ to QQ, smooth called pre flop was 922, lost the min at 100/200 like 3500, Ac8c on a Kc10x3c10x board semi bluffed the flop and the turn called a reraise on the turn and bricked the riv.down to 12k I get this hand:I limp 7h8h sb hillbily with crooked teeth who raised to 10k twice with AA completed the sb, bb checks. flop 7 10h Jh I bet 500 into 600 hillbilly calls, turn 5h dude checks I bet 1k he makes it 4k, and says "you wanna go all in go ahead see if you're still in this" ....I muckdown to 10 at 200/400 I bluff a big pot get back to 15 or 16, I raise Ac10c from hijack, ben roberts calls from sb...flop TxTxQc he checks I bet 1.5k he calls turn is a 7c, he checks I check thinking he might have a draw and I prob have him drawing real slim. river is obv a Q and he bets 3700 I payed him off bc I missread him after a few minutes of thinking.so back down to 11 or 10...then down to 8 and I double with AA then I call a raise with 22, flop 266 raiser check folds, same guy raises 4x to 1600 I call with TT flop J 10 3 he check folds QK for some reason.then I'm at 18k folds to rene angelu (sp) he raises the button, I'm in sb with 22 I flat call 1200 after thinking of rr'ing (he has me covered)... nitty bb calls w/ about 16k behind. flop 235 I check bb leads 2k, rene folds, I make it 5k more he ships I call he has 33...I didnt really give myself a chance to think about it, there's nothing wrong with going bust set over set, but I think thats an online mentality, and a bad habit...I think I coulda made a ridiculous lay down getting huge odds if I took the time to look at the guy, he had so many tells. I hate the series and I'm glad it's over. I'm excited the wpt's are back this week....now if only I can win the bellagio cup 10k and have hoosier and Tmay chop the wsop ME I'd be set.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never catch a break in this ****...I hate the early structure btw...but I won't blame that. I had JJ to QQ, smooth called pre flop was 922, lost the min at 100/200 like 3500, Ac8c on a Kc10x3c10x board semi bluffed the flop and the turn called a reraise on the turn and bricked the riv.down to 12k I get this hand:I limp 7h8h sb hillbily with crooked teeth who raised to 10k twice with AA completed the sb, bb checks. flop 7 10h Jh I bet 500 into 600 hillbilly calls, turn 5h dude checks I bet 1k he makes it 4k, and says "you wanna go all in go ahead see if you're still in this" ....I muckdown to 10 at 200/400 I bluff a big pot get back to 15 or 16, I raise Ac10c from hijack, ben roberts calls from sb...flop TxTxQc he checks I bet 1.5k he calls turn is a 7c, he checks I check thinking he might have a draw and I prob have him drawing real slim. river is obv a Q and he bets 3700 I payed him off bc I missread him after a few minutes of thinking.so back down to 11 or 10...then down to 8 and I double with AA then I call a raise with 22, flop 266 raiser check folds, same guy raises 4x to 1600 I call with TT flop J 10 3 he check folds QK for some reason.then I'm at 18k folds to rene angelu (sp) he raises the button, I'm in sb with 22 I flat call 1200 after thinking of rr'ing (he has me covered)... nitty bb calls w/ about 16k behind. flop 235 I check bb leads 2k, rene folds, I make it 5k more he ships I call he has 33...I didnt really give myself a chance to think about it, there's nothing wrong with going bust set over set, but I think thats an online mentality, and a bad habit...I think I coulda made a ridiculous lay down getting huge odds if I took the time to look at the guy, he had so many tells. I hate the series and I'm glad it's over. I'm excited the wpt's are back this week....now if only I can win the bellagio cup 10k and have hoosier and Tmay chop the wsop ME I'd be set.
GG man. Hopefully you take down the Bellagio cup.What's the biggest difference between the WPT events and the WSOP? In the WPT's you consistently cash and even had multiple FT's. In the WSOP you never seemed to get your rhythm.
GG man. Hopefully you take down the Bellagio cup.What's the biggest difference between the WPT events and the WSOP? In the WPT's you consistently cash and even had multiple FT's. In the WSOP you never seemed to get your rhythm.
I'd be guessing of course but I'd imagine huge fields/structure and so forth would be the issues. I think the WPT event allow for a whole lot more play (before the FT of course).
Better players, more consistant play, smaller fields.
beating out 400-800 players where 100-300 are world class with a good structure is easier to me than beating out 1k-6k players where 95% are donks in a shi.t structurethe worst wpt structure, is better than the best wsop structure other than maybe deep in the ME. imo
then I'm at 18k folds to rene angelu (sp) he raises the button, I'm in sb with 22 I flat call 1200 after thinking of rr'ing (he has me covered)... nitty bb calls w/ about 16k behind. flop 235 I check bb leads 2k, rene folds, I make it 5k more he ships I call he has 33...I didnt really give myself a chance to think about it, there's nothing wrong with going bust set over set, but I think thats an online mentality, and a bad habit...I think I coulda made a ridiculous lay down getting huge odds if I took the time to look at the guy, he had so many tells.
You enter because you know you have more skill than the average player.I guess the attitude would be to tend to get your money in as late a street as possible (the downside is giving free cards, the upside is that you are better at hand reading) and here you could possibly observe and look for chances to bluff on scare cards on turn or river.I was thinking I'd rather get the dumb money on the 2nd day (though those lucky guys will more likely have bigger stacks than you) than taking my chances before the river on the first day.You'll be getting the nonquad nuts on the turn and river often enough to survive what with 1800 hands before it's all over... no guarantee of course. Most people want to double up too quickly, but what do I know, I've never been there. Was the setting too distracting for you to concentrate on surveying the table and methodically looking for tells?I.e., air conditioning too cold, lighting bad, etc.?I've noticed that I can actually pick up so much more in 90 seconds of staring than 60 or 30, but most people including supervisors think I'm B.S.ing and they think it's Hollywood, when I know it's not... lol.
Very nice hands. How much did you finish the day with?
64,200.Got a decent draw, two big stacks to my right, the rest mostly under 40k-30k to my left. We'll see what we can do. Got to play with Action Dan Harrington and David Levi as well for the last hour. Dan beat me in a pot with 7-2 (from the SB v. my BB) but it was for the min, we checked it down pretty much. He was friendly enough. David Levi accused me of sharing history with a new player at the table when I was merely telling him the hand I folded (after the action). That guy is paranoid. (He had shoved JT against TT and spiked a J and was worried I was informing my new tablemate of his aggressive play). Dude's gotta relax. haha.
64,200.Got a decent draw, two big stacks to my right, the rest mostly under 40k-30k to my left. We'll see what we can do. Got to play with Action Dan Harrington and David Levi as well for the last hour. Dan beat me in a pot with 7-2 (from the SB v. my BB) but it was for the min, we checked it down pretty much. He was friendly enough. David Levi accused me of sharing history with a new player at the table when I was merely telling him the hand I folded (after the action). That guy is paranoid. (He had shoved JT against TT and spiked a J and was worried I was informing my new tablemate of his aggressive play). Dude's gotta relax. haha.
Lucky Dog! Do I recall correctly from HOH somewhere that Dan said there's a lot of checking and folding early in a tournament by great players, notwithstanding the content he provides (e.g., losing 40% of your stack by playing JJ correctly, lol)?I recall that Moneymaker was stuck for at least 5-10 hours with Dan the year he won, and perhaps the table was a wee bit tighter for that reason, since Chris said it was intact for the longest time. This could provide a hint to you how to survive (though with all the tablemates having smaller stacks unless there's an influx of fresh money) to win it, Dog.Look forward to your observations on the Action Man, and find a way to put Levi on uber-tilt, lol. GL. TID.