Daniels Deep Freeze, Spam, And My Long Awaited Hiatus...

Just got back from yet another (and my LAST) jaunt to Sin City this summer.This trip was always going to happen, months ago, and was not going to be about poker at all really, just in town for my B-day, see a show, eat and hang out. One of the highlights was catching the show Spam-A-Lot at the Wynn. (Fantastic).If anyone is still in town and is totally poker'd out...do NOT miss this, especially if you appreciate the unique comedic stylings that are all things Monty Python. This show is the freakin NUTS. very well done and funny as hell. John Hurley (aka Seinfeld's Peterman) is currently playing the lead and is perfect for the roll of King Aurthur. This show mostly pokes fun at itself and never takes itself seriously for a minute. It is a total gas and worth the price...a must see I got in with another couple on Sunday, Checked into Bellagio, and then hung out at the Sports bar for a cocktail and to see if Steve7 was playing. By dumb luck I ran in Lori there and was very happy that she finally got to meet my wife. Lori is always a joy to talk to...so up beat with that huge grin and warm/funny personality. She is awesome, as those who have met her can surely attest. She's great. We had a few words, made some dinner plans and said adios. We then beat it over to the Mesa Grill for another amazing meal. This place never disappoints. Just money.Off to the Rio to find Daniel out in the pavilion. Man...this pavilion is a death trap....just a disaster waiting to happen. On this night the flimsy halfass duct work system that cools this tent was running on turbo mode and malfunctioning. Part of the plastic tubing (like garbage bag gauge plastic btw) was bending down and one of the holes was directly over DN's head, blowing down and arctic cascade of doom. We walk in there and Daniel is just on fire to all and any who would listen about how completely ridiculous the situation is, and rightly so. It was bone chilling cold and all he had on was a thin Stars jogging coat to keep him warm. But even in the middle of all that, always Mr. gracious, he finds a minute to come over to say a quick hello to Sylvia. She really thought that was great. But the chat was short, as he was obviously in tourney mode and we did not want to distract him any further, especially since he was tired, and not very happy about freezing hisass off! In actuality, a simple roll of duct tape could have cured this predicament, but in the end I guess they just moved a huge M-Best can behind his head! So stupid. We wished him well and beat it outta there. Apparently, sadly, the chill later ultimately got to his cards too. GG D!I ended the night parting ways with the group (they poop out early) and wound up playing (and once again...losing) at Bellagio till 4 in the morning. b.t.w ... Bobby's room was just ablaze with play, and would be the entire 4 days. Everyone who is anyone seemed to be there and playing all night ... it's been a while since I've seen that room that busy!Monday we did the pool thing all day long, ran over to the mall for a bit, ate at the noodle place at Bellagio (awesome) and then hit the Spam-A-Lot show. Again...one of the better shows in Vegas at the moment. The night ended with us hanging at a piano bar and then me playing at Bellagio again....and losing...once again.....till 4 AM. Woo Hoo!Tuesday was the big 47th birthday. Yay me. (insert belated applause here). Good Lordy ...47. Pretty sick. I don't feel (or act thank God) a day over 27! On this day we did the pool thing again and then went out for a SICK dinner at Nobu. ohhhhh MAN, is this great sushi. It was just amazing as ever. Anyone who has ever been knows, so no need beating this dead horse. Best Sushi in Vegas. We then killed a good portion of the rest of the night playing pit games at the Hard Rock. It's been a good while since I spent any real time there and for some reason I really like this place. It has such a different vibe that most other properties and we all had a ball...and actually ran pretty good there! A very fun night.The day ended with a Happy Birthday meet and greet at the Bellagio sports bar, with me, my wife, AAsnake, Checky, Jeetorious, Steve7, Brandi "POB" Hawbecker, HUck Seed, Gus Hansen, David Oppenheim, etc. .......OK, let me clear this up a bit. Sylvia and I got there first and took up 2 seats front and center, just outside the poker room. Standing 1 foot away from us was Gus and Huck, (not part of the story really, lol) and Brandi, hanging all over yet another well heeled, gray haired older gentleman, LOL! sound familiar? No...it was not Sklansky and it was not the Captn. I now had no choice but to inform Sylvi all about the infamous Brandi tales of woe, and she is now officially in the "huggles" and P. O. B." know. Brandi really is drop dead cute ... but just about as annoying as anyone Ive ever been around. and, sadly, EVERYONE was literally laughing behind when she walked by. This chick is totally clueless and has NO shame. I actually have pity for her.Soon, Steve7 would come by and talk to us for a bit, followed almost immediately by Jamie and Anthony and Jeet. I had actually intended to give poker one more shot this night, but alas....it was not to be. Sylvia met everyone and then ran off to bed and the four of us decided to take the night off and just hang out. I need to take the time to say that these guys are super solid people and I feel very lucky to know them all. Steve had disappeared into the poker room to check the games (as he is want to do) so he was gone for a good bit. Then at one point I felt a tap on my back. As I am turning around a voice says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT" and It's David Oppenheim standing there with his hand out for a shake. Tooooo funny. Steve and D. O. are good friends and it was really quite nice of David to come out his Bobby's room session to do that. I have met D. O. briefly a few times before and he really is a great guy . I know..he looks like he could kill you with his glances at the table, but he is a very friendly person. So cool to meet him over the past several days.Steve eventually came out of the room for a bit an hour or so later and well all headed over to the Bellagio Cafe for what has now become a bit of a ritual...a late night bite. We all had some good laughs and it was just a fantastic way to end my birthday. Jeet even picked up the tab, so thanks again for that Jeet and thanks to everyone for a very nice night.I came home today, did a BBQ with the in-laws.....and now....it's finally OVER. So this pretty much ends a full month of WSOP hi jinx for me. It was a lot of fun and I met so many cool people it is had to believe it is now all over. I will only go back to Vegas if someone in the group gets deep in the Main Event. But if that does not happen then I will be pretty scarce around here for a few months. Reason???I just about went poker busto over this past month and am once again running horribly. Time to re-group, have some fun, and just get away from poker for a bit. The last break was good and really did help but I vowed that this one will be longer.I will be back for sure, but it might October before I do. I need to get back to working out and getting into better shape number one. Sylvia and I also have a few trips planned and I need to get to some other business before I can do the poker thing again.So, to those who may care, I will not be posting as often, just in case you may be wondering.Again, best of luck to everyone and thanks again to all the folks I met. I had a ball this past month and each and everyone of you had a part in that. I appreciate that very much.Until I post again.... :club:

Good read. I'm sorry to hear that you will be scarce, but fully understand. YOu know the golden rule that many of us forget: Life comes first *before* poker.

Happy B-Day Scott! Good read and fun times this summer. Looking forward to catching up to you again soon.Ron.

Happy birthday! Sounds like a great time!By the way, how do you know all of these pros like DN? Have u played with them before or just know them from the forums?

book your flight now because I'm going deep in the main event.

Good read and happy belated bday...........seem slike you have more poker pals than Erick Ryland, you are now the TOWN BALLER!

Happy birthday! Sounds like a great time!By the way, how do you know all of these pros like DN? Have u played with them before or just know them from the forums?
Nutz is kind of a big deal. People know him.
Nutz is kind of a big deal. People know him.
But can he swing a golf club like YOU!

Name dropper!! :club: Seriously, great reports the past month, thanks for making those of us who couldn't go feel like we were there with you!! No pic's this time??Happy belated birthday and enjoy the trips with your wife.Look forward to seeing you back soon.

nutz,I don't post much but I really look foreward to you trip reports, they are always a great read.Belated b'day wishes and can't wait to see your posts soon