63 members have voted

1. 1. Profit

• 0-500
    • 500-1k
    • 1k-3k
    • 3k-5k
    • 5k-10k
    • 10k+

Will someone please stake me for .5/1 PLO? If it's a condition of the staking agreement, I can stay away from triple draw and play within a bankroll and as shown here:recentga3.jpgI can certainly crush the games. That's +47 BI over my last 13K hands. Seriously, it would be a really good investment and a low-risk proposition.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did that work out for you last time, iggy?I don't mean to be a downer, but I'd like to make sure the members of this forum know what they are getting into.Besides the fact that it's against forum rules to request stakes.

you're gross!what games did u play during the 5 days?
I was actually shortstacking 5/10 nl which makes it less of a brag. For the first 3-4k hands people have no idea what their calling range should be vs you so its really easy $.
I was actually shortstacking 5/10 nl which makes it less of a brag.
Not really. If anything it's more of a brag because you have less to win in a single hand.How short were you buying (if you don't mind my asking)?EDIT: The graph says 200nl - that can't be right. That would just be wrong. Very, very wrong.

Yeah, I did play really bad when Simo was staking me in April. I went back and looked at the stats and somehow my VPIP was 18 points higher then than it has been since. If I include those hands in the graph too, it looks like this:allhandsoy6.jpgAnyway, I didn't know that asking for stakes was against the forum rules here. I thought I'd seen it several times and that it was allowed which is the specific reason I asked here instead of 2+2. I won't mention it again.I do want to say though that I'm not "capable of blowing 47 BI in a night" if I only play agreed-upon stakes and that I would stick to a staking agreement if I had one. That's part of the reason I wanted to work on a stake in the first place right now is that having an agreement with someone not to play higher would keep me playing within my bankroll. The reason I'd consider it low-risk is that if I just play like I've been playing for the last 3 months, and agree to play with reasonable BR management, my winrate would make the ROR extremely low.

allhandsoy6.jpg
:sigh:I knew it would be high risk when I did it, but it really looks like you've sharpened up a lot since then. I hope you get a backer. I just don't have the funds to consider helping you currently.

2 hour session 3 tabling $50NLHE: -$260.Never run that bad in one session before. Ever. I could rant and list how many draws I missed but I won't. This isn't the BBF, that's DTS. I tilted on the last hand with KQ < TT on a QT8 flop and just closed the site as soon as I saw his hand.I think this session was similar to Negreanu on HSP. Getting unlucky but paying off too much. There are definitely some occasions where I could have saved money but just paid for the information that yes, I really did get outdrawn. Most of them were coolers beats and lost coinflips though. I think if I'd been playing better I could have saved about $120.I thought I was getting somewhere after being +$320 in the last 2 days running pretty well.Oh, and after like 6 months of idly threatening to do it I'm finally getting my main BR out of Mansion. I'm finally starting to get organised.

2 hour session 3 tabling $50NLHE: -$260.Never run that bad in one session before. Ever. I could rant and list how many draws I missed but I won't. This isn't the BBF, that's DTS. I tilted on the last hand with KQ < TT on a QT8 flop and just closed the site as soon as I saw his hand.I think this session was similar to Negreanu on HSP. Getting unlucky but paying off too much. There are definitely some occasions where I could have saved money but just paid for the information that yes, I really did get outdrawn. Most of them were coolers beats and lost coinflips though. I think if I'd been playing better I could have saved about $120.I thought I was getting somewhere after being +$320 in the last 2 days running pretty well.Oh, and after like 6 months of idly threatening to do it I'm finally getting my main BR out of Mansion. I'm finally starting to get organised.
That's what you get for playing Hold'em , donk.Seriously , sorry to hear that mate. Variance is a *****.

Meh, made back $90 in a 30 minute session just now, so it's not all bad. Still, a -$170 day isn't what I like to see. It of course helps when you reraise preflop with 65o, flop 669 and get 75o bluffing a buyin to you.Bah. I need to get my bankroll sorted out properly. I don't even know how much I have.

After signing up with PS earlier this month (around the 11th I believe) I split the win in a $50+5 tourny to take home ~$2200. I cashed most of it out, but have been playing at the $0.5/1 and $1/2 NL tables. Been doing well, I find it easy to trap there. Here are the graphs for my cash games (I didn't have Poker Office for the tourny win)Before todayweek1profit.pngAfter tonight's sessionweek1profit02.png

asdlkngapoehbinwepirnboawekngv, I hate playing on FT. i'm down about 200 BBs there this month in ~10K hands there. If it weren't for RB and Bonii I'd be down this month. I want to asassinate a small child right now

asdlkngapoehbinwepirnboawekngv, I hate playing on FT. i'm down about 200 BBs there this month in ~10K hands there. If it weren't for RB and Bonii I'd be down this month. I want to asassinate a small child right now
They never offer me any bonus on FTP: And i am playing a ton of hands there every month
Yeah, I'm down $1200 at the tables this month, as well (mostly 3/6).But, I'm up about $2200 in bonus/rb/arp, so all is ok.
It seems like all your posts go like this, do you win at poker or are you a professional rakebacker and bonuswhore?
It seems like all your posts go like this, do you win at poker or are you a professional rakebacker and bonuswhore?
I dunno.July has been pretty awful.Fwiw, the rake at AP 3/6 is very tough to beat. There's probably only a handful of people with a very good winrate at that limit over a significant sample (ie 100k+). That's why you get rakeback, bonus, ARPs. If you're in the red after that, you're not winning at poker. If you're in the green after that, you're winning at poker.I've yet to have a negative month, since I turned pro, although I've had 2 months where I've been down at the tables.Fwiw, I feel the need to defend myself here, so I'm going to point out that not all of my posts are about losing, but that's when I tend to post the most.
I dunno.July has been pretty awful.Fwiw, the rake at AP 3/6 is very tough to beat. There's probably only a handful of people with a very good winrate at that limit over a significant sample (ie 100k+). That's why you get rakeback, bonus, ARPs. If you're in the red after that, you're not winning at poker. If you're in the green after that, you're winning at poker.I've yet to have a negative month, since I turned pro, although I've had 2 months where I've been down at the tables.Fwiw, I feel the need to defend myself here, so I'm going to point out that not all of my posts are about losing, but that's when I tend to post the most.
Sorry don't get me wrong, Your obviously profiting and found your niche, It just seems a very hard way to make a living by breaking even at the tables. Breaking even leaves you as variance's ***** as you no doubt know.Would moving up or down affect the rake factor? I'm assuming not as, as you go higher skill of opponents goes up and edge decreases, and as you go down rake to pot ratio goes up as you don't reach the cap on the rake as often.
Sorry don't get me wrong, Your obviously profiting and found your niche, It just seems a very hard way to make a living by breaking even at the tables. Breaking even leaves you as variance's ***** as you no doubt know.Would moving up or down affect the rake factor? I'm assuming not as, as you go higher skill of opponents goes up and edge decreases, and as you go down rake to pot ratio goes up as you don't reach the cap on the rake as often.
Actually, moving up to 10/20 is the ideal goal. The rake there is a TON smaller, and a lot of the players I mentioned who had breakeven 3/6 careers, all of a sudden started showing long term winrates between 1 and 2 BB/100, sometimes a bit more. I just gotta grind the hands to get there. Tough to do when you run like **** all ****ing month, and have $1200 in expenses each month. :club:

Lost a coin flip for a top 3 stack right at the money bubble of the FTP 30k tonight. Woulda had to have finished top 5 to show a profit for the day. I wrote out a post complaining about how I have ran over the last two nights. but I don't really like how it came off so, I'll just say I did not play my A game tonight.

below 5/10 6max lhe, it's pretty hard not to be a professional rakebacker/bonus whore.Put it this way: I was pretty darn happy to see i had a .7bb winrate @ 3/6 when I was looking at my old database.
Actually, moving up to 10/20 is the ideal goal. The rake there is a TON smaller, and a lot of the players I mentioned who had breakeven 3/6 careers, all of a sudden started showing long term winrates between 1 and 2 BB/100, sometimes a bit more. I just gotta grind the hands to get there. Tough to do when you run like **** all ****ing month, and have $1200 in expenses each month. :club:
Ever think about switching games? I know I probably don't seem like the ideal person to give advice, being busto and all, but it seems to me like the HORSE and PLO games are much softer at low stakes than the LHE games are. Back when Party was still open to US customers, I thought that LHE was my best game and that I was a solid winner at 30/60, but now, I don't think I could beat a 5/10 game on any major site. It just seems like the days of fish putting their money online to play LHE are pretty much dead.

i think horse has potential but it's just not popular enough online. I can see myself grinding 5/10 horse stud hilo is just so tasty.

Ever think about switching games? I know I probably don't seem like the ideal person to give advice, being busto and all, but it seems to me like the HORSE and PLO games are much softer at low stakes than the LHE games are. Back when Party was still open to US customers, I thought that LHE was my best game and that I was a solid winner at 30/60, but now, I don't think I could beat a 5/10 game on any major site. It just seems like the days of fish putting their money online to play LHE are pretty much dead.
You need to get out more.Like to AP.The games are very soft. But keep it on the downlow.Also, I suck at Stud and Stud 8.