Famous Christian Poker Players?

everyone is born an atheist. atheism is just lack of belief.
Other definitions of atheism: The docrtine or BELIEF that there is no God. ACTIVELY DISBELIEVING in the existence of deities. So no...we're not all born atheists, but nice try.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other definitions of atheism: The docrtine or BELIEF that there is no God. ACTIVELY DISBELIEVING in the existence of deities. So no...we're not all born atheists, but nice try.
Everyone knows we're all born mormons
There is not such thing as a "born Christian,"
Yeah there is, I believe the hip kids call it "Catholicism".<----- Catholic School Survivor. I re-discovered my Christian roots playing guitar in an Assembly of God (One of the brazillion Baptist offshoots) youth band in high school. But yeah, anyone who claims you can't be born into a religion never had a Jewish or Catholic mother.
Yeah there is, I believe the hip kids call it "Catholicism".<----- Catholic School Survivor. I re-discovered my Christian roots playing guitar in an Assembly of God (One of the brazillion Baptist offshoots) youth band in high school. But yeah, anyone who claims you can't be born into a religion never had a Jewish or Catholic mother.
One of their crazier, speaking in tongues off shoots..
Thats actually agnostic
Ugh. People are stupid.Agnostic means: a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.Agnostic is actually more of a belief than atheism, it purports to "know" that the a God would be unknowable.Atheism is... A: prefix meaning without. Theism: meaning belief in God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation.You and the other tard defeat yourselves by attempting to move to weak semantics.Add the words doctrine, or religion or whatever you want to the term atheism, but weak rhetoric is meaningless to one who notices.It just means without belief in Santa, er, I mean Zeus, er, I mean Allah, er, I mean whoever it is one may claim is the invisible man in the sky who comforts their fear of death and the unknown.
Ugh. People are stupid.Agnostic means: a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.Agnostic is actually more of a belief than atheism, it purports to "know" that the a God would be unknowable.Atheism is... A: prefix meaning without. Theism: meaning belief in God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation.You and the other tard defeat yourselves by attempting to move to weak semantics.Add the words doctrine, or religion or whatever you want to the term atheism, but weak rhetoric is meaningless to one who notices.It just means without belief in Santa, er, I mean Zeus, er, I mean Allah, er, I mean whoever it is one may claim is the invisible man in the sky who comforts their fear of death and the unknown.
Oh, it's death that we're all mormons, not birth.. I get that confused some times..

Being a Christian myself, and if you claim to be one as well, then you should only know that all games are predetermined. Don't look upon this statement superficially, all factors of good play: strategy and bluffing and soforth help. Believe me, i've prayed more than anyone at the table, and, in my poker life, have seemed to come out just about even. If you achieve balance, you're still successful. Remember it's a game, but not for the one's with no faith, and i dont mean chasing a flush...JackedacesHouston, TX

You call people stupid, and then make this ridiculously ignorant post? You berate people for arguing semantics, and then do exactly that. Just because "atheist" and "agnostic" are derived from greek does not mean the words carry the exact same meaning as they would in ancient greek. They are both words in the English language now, and have both significantly evolved since their inception.What you described is only one type of agnostic, but the majority of agnostics are simply people that refuse to believe either that god exists or that he doesn't. It is more a lack of belief than anything else. To them, the existence of god is "unkown", but not neccessarily "unknowable", as a hard agnostic might believe.Atheism, although at its roots simply means "without religion", has evolved to have a different meaning. While technically, the term "weak atheism" is a term which encompasses most agnostics, most people that fall into this category would call themselves "agnostic", reserving the term "atheist" for only hard atheists. Thus, while all agnostics are technically also atheists, the term "atheist" commonly refers to strong atheism, which is the specific belief that there is no god or gods.Therefore, while you are both technically correct, in that a child is born atheist and agnostic, it is more proper to say that the child is born agnostic.
Being a Christian myself, and if you claim to be one as well, then you should only know that all games are predetermined. Don't look upon this statement superficially, all factors of good play: strategy and bluffing and soforth help. Believe me, i've prayed more than anyone at the table, and, in my poker life, have seemed to come out just about even. If you achieve balance, you're still successful. Remember it's a game, but not for the one's with no faith, and i dont mean chasing a flush...JackedacesHouston, TX
Just wow.
Well technically, according to South Park, Mormons are right.
I was talking more the Mormon church's penchant for baptiizing people after they are dead. You may be an atheist now, but in death we are all Mormons.. that is why they keep such detailed geneology records, so they can baptize everyone posthumously.
Great first post.. we have a religion forum on FCP, I don't know if you know that.. You should check it out, we'd love to hear more intelligent Christian incite like this, Loismustdie is kinda lonely most of the time as the sole defender of the faith.
you are technically correct
You could have saved a bunch of poorly put together words by simplifing it to this.I was berating their semantics, because their semantics were wrong, currently.You're really out of your depth here.Agnostic and atheism blend together, yes... what is the difference?Well, I'll tell you, agnostic means can't know, atheism means without belief.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't bend and/or break the rules of their religion, regardless of how conservative they are, in order to benefit themselves in some way.
Uhhhhhhhh...how is playing poker with Larry Flynt against faith in Christ?
Yup. I'm pretty sure that my Catholic guilt started at the moment of conception. (and of course, that moment may have never occured had my parents not been Catholic and forbidden by the Church to use birth control)I disagree with BigDMcGee on his theory that an Irish Catholic can not believe in God and still call themselves that. Everyone that I know that calls themselves Irish Catholic believes in God. They might not bother to go to church every week, but they believe in God. I know many people though who do not believe/no longer believe in God who state they were raised Irish Catholic not that they are Irish Catholic.
Yup. I'm pretty sure that my Catholic guilt started at the moment of conception. (and of course, that moment may have never occured had my parents not been Catholic and forbidden by the Church to use birth control)I disagree with BigDMcGee on his theory that an Irish Catholic can not believe in God and still call themselves that. Everyone that I know that calls themselves Irish Catholic believes in God. They might not bother to go to church every week, but they believe in God. I know many people though who do not believe/no longer believe in God who state they were raised Irish Catholic not that they are Irish Catholic.
I had a roommate who is "Irish catholic" was even training to be a priest, but is now an athiest, who still considers himself "cultrually" catholic what ever that means..and also, I didn't say it was the same, I said it was the closest thing xianity has..
You know how certain poker hands have nicknames? Well, no matter what hand Chuck Norris has, it's called the "Chuck Norris" and it wins every time.Doyle Brunson and Chuck Norris in a hand.Doyle Brunson has 10-2. The flop comes 10-10-2. All the money goes in.The final board is 10-10-2-A-10, to give Doyle quads.Chuck Norris turns over 5-9.Chuck Norris Wins!Phil Hellmuth raises to $250 on the button.Huck Seed calls from the Small BlindChuck Norris folds the BB.After a flop of A-A-K, Phil checks.Huck goes all in and Phil calls.Huck shows K-K.Phil flips over A-A.Final board is A-A-K-9-7Huck has Kings full of AcesPhil has Quad AcesChuck Norris wins!
This post was really Gay!
QFT One of the lamer Chuck Norris jokes I've ever heard.
Well, since I had never seen any Chuck Norris/Poker jokes, I made one up. If you can come up with a better one, let's hear it.