Eli Elezra Wins His 1st Bracelet.

Anyone know if they are actually going to put this FT on ESPN? I don't think I've ever seen them run a Stud Hi-Lo event. It'd be a shame to not get to see Elezra, Sklansky, Nguyen, Boyd and Hanson on ESPN classic 5 years from now. Maybe they could tape this FT directly over the Ted Lawson Omaha bracelet from 2004...

They had camera's rolling, but not the full out final table setup. So no, but they might use some tape from it.Also... Eli and Scotty were completely trashed when they got heads up. It was hilarious.Eli had Scotty totally crushed at the end and Scotty only had a few chips, and Eli grabs the bracelet to try it on. The next hand he raised to put Scotty all in. He was holding it until his very last card.... He had TJQK up, and they dealt the last card down.... Scotty had a pair of 7s. Eli puts the bracelet back just before he sweats his last card. Then looks down and see's that it's either a 2, 3, or Ace. He points out the 2's and 3's on his board, and is like... Well, 2's no good, 3's no good. So he looks a little bit more and see's the Ace! Stands up as he turns the card up, and almost crawls on the table to reach for the bracelet again!

posted this in the official event thread for this tourny but for the sake of conversation will post it again here. anyone catch all these updates? http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php?optio...iew&id=2323mentions scotty and eli made some sort of undisclosed deal. Also mentions eli got 10-1 odds on him not winning a bracelet from barry. I'm guessing the deal may have been something along the lines of "hey scotty i'll shave some money off the top of my winnings from the tournament and barry if you let me win." I know some naive people may say the bracelet may mean more to these guys, but let's face it, aside from hellmuth, and maybe DN, i think it's all about the money to most of these guys. I for one would be pissed if i was barry.

I for one would be pissed if i was barry.
Yeah, because being so good you give all of your tourney winnings to charity and getting nailing Shannon Elizabeth on the side would just suck.Nice one Eli, definately a final table I'd like to see.

Anyone read that they made a deal heads up, away from the table?? Then came back and Scotty seemed to throw it a bit, Eli reeeally wanted that bracelet, wonder how much he paid for it?

99.9999% sure ESPN will not show a Stud 8 FT.
Deep in my heart I know it to be true, but someone at ESPN and Harrahs needs to get fired over this. We got 4 of the greats and Dutch freakin' Boyd battling it out, a HU match that couldn't have resembled a frat party more if Gavin Smith himself was dealing the cards......And instead we're gonna end up seeing a half dozen low-buy in NLHE final tables with 9 twenty-somethings that aren't even household names in their own household instead. Heck, last year we didn't even get a full hour of seeing Phil win his tenth.. At least I heard it live on Bluff Radio..
Anyone read that they made a deal heads up, away from the table?? Then came back and Scotty seemed to throw it a bit, Eli reeeally wanted that bracelet, wonder how much he paid for it?
Considering Sklansky had to be lurking nearby, I'm sure POB could have been brought up in the discussion...
Deep in my heart I know it to be true, but someone at ESPN and Harrahs needs to get fired over this.
If this was shown on TV, someone at ESPN would get fired for putting the stud/8 FT on TV. Why? Because you have to be a little messed up in the head (or a serious poker addict) to watch Stud 8, and barely anyone would watch it. My guess is that the ratings for this one would be worse than the Xtreme Football League.

Eli also pocketed $250,000 from Barry Greenstein as Barry gave him 10/1 on $25,000 that he would win a bracelet in 2007. Eli has also been giving Doyle, Ivy and others odds of between 3.5-6/1 that they win bracelets this year.nice $500,000 day for Eli then.. congrats to him!

Ugh, if Eli really did a deal with Scotty which meant Scotty had to throw the game then the bracelet is a little dirty imo. Still tho, congrats to Eli, seems like a great guy and deserves a bracelet. Btw, ESPN showing a Stud8 table is retarded. ESPN are in the money making business, not the poker business.

Ugh, if Eli really did a deal with Scotty which meant Scotty had to throw the game then the bracelet is a little dirty imo. Still tho, congrats to Eli, seems like a great guy and deserves a bracelet. Btw, ESPN showing a Stud8 table is retarded. ESPN are in the money making business, not the poker business.
If you think this doesn't happen every year at the WSOP, then I've got a bridge to sell you in New York. I guarantee at least one of Phil Hellmuth's bracelets was earned this way. In the non-televised years of the WSOP preliminary events final table deals were rather common. Listen to Hellmuth talk at the 2004 TOC, he's all about the deal.It is common practice. These are professional gamblers. If that tarnishes the value of a bracelet then maybe you shouldn't hold them in such high esteem.