• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elaborate ? Please explain how he is a 'liar'. I'd be interested to discuss this if you have any facts to back up your thoughtful one word response with some measure of evidence/quotes/contradictions/documented perjury etc. Just flinging out 'he is a liar' doesn't hold much water unless you back it up with some substance...links....anything.and again the reason I posted this wasn't to put Michael Moore's politics/motivation on center stage. I just thought that its great that his movie is on the net 2 weeks before the theatrical release. Very very saavy ploy IMO and I don't think its money motivated.
I know he lied in the columbine movie, or at least portrayed a lie, by cutting and splicing speeches from Charlton Heston to sound like he was saying something he didn't. He used multiple stills and cuts in and out of Heston speaking to pull it off. If I remember correctly, when you are watching heston speak as the stills are being cut in and out, the crowds actually are different. Been a while though, and I didn't bother with the 9/11 movie. Anyone who can remotely try to say that the government had some involvement in letting that happen is obviously not smart enough to have an intelligent conversation with.JS

He's a complete spinster. His documentaries often bring up good points, but Moore is lazy and twists the truth to better make his point. The man is proving to a publicity mastermind. Although self-leaking isn't exactly innovative. I also like the point someone made about him "making a lot of money" off of the documentaries. No ****! Got anymore brilliant insight into the motives of Mr. Moore? Sometimes I get the notion that he is trying to push a liberal agenda, would you agree?

He's a complete spinster. His documentaries often bring up good points, but Moore is lazy and twists the truth to better make his point. The man is proving to a publicity mastermind. Although self-leaking isn't exactly innovative. I also like the point someone made about him "making a lot of money" off of the documentaries. No ****! Got anymore brilliant insight into the motives of Mr. Moore? Sometimes I get the notion that he is trying to push a liberal agenda, would you agree?
thats pretty much a no brainer...but nevertheless he does thrust important issues into the limelight which need to be discussed by Americans of both political spectrums.Is there an implication here that by producing and directing 'Bowling For Columbine' and shedding light on the handgun homicide epidemic this country has...that his agenda is 'liberal' simply because he put this issue into the national spotlight ? I don't think the topics of his movies have any political agenda....even if he does.

Some of his points totally lack common sense and can potentially ruin freedoms for the US, However on the other hand some of his opinions do enlighten alot of people on how Government in the US is making a mockery of democracy, and how they do as much shady stuff for the dollar as criminals.Like him or hate him: Dont know dont care. However people with opinions to like or hate I think are not being open minded enough to see both sides that his movies represent.

I don't think the topics of his movies have any political agenda....even if he does.
Not sure what you mean by that, but his movies are very far from objective. They are probably bettercharacterized as propaganda rather than "documentaries". They belong on the shelf right next to Reefer Madness.
Not sure what you mean by that, but his movies are very far from objective. They are probably bettercharacterized as propaganda rather than "documentaries". They belong on the shelf right next to Reefer Madness.
Not really caring about this topic but just have to ask How Reefer Madness is propaganda? Reefer Madness is a documentry if I ever saw one, to be right next to it, it should be the same Right? Its not because it is in alphabetical order or anything..
yup, conservatives and educated liberals alike despise michael more. the only people who put any weight into what he says are uninformed
Not really caring about this topic but just have to ask How Reefer Madness is propaganda? Reefer Madness is a documentry if I ever saw one, to be right next to it, it should be the same Right? Its not because it is in alphabetical order or anything..
You serious? No s/w? We talkin about the same Reefer Madness here? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reefer_Madness
General Poker Forum is really only section I post in so hey...
Yeah, this is absolutely valid justification for posting about movies/politics in here. Oh wait...the opposite of that...it's a completely BS excuse.

Bottom line its a matter of what the viewer takes from it not the film maker. The guy that made Aliens doesnt have to believe in Aliens to make a movie and make money. But if the movie has insite that they do exist its still upto the viewer to use their judgment and make a decision.Trust me I am not for His movies but I am for some of the things his movies do. This argument can go on forever and I am sure it will. So I am leaving it alone .

Its how you look at it.. If you say everyone that smokes will die or bad things happens it may be propraganda, it's in the eye of the viewer. If you say these people were just unfortunate than its a documentry...
Actually, no. It's not in the eye of the viewer, it's false. The things in the film never actually happened.Marijuana does not induce people into murderous rages. The government made this film to convince the public of something which isn't true because they believed itwas in their interest to do so. I guess it worked on you?
Bottom line its a matter of what the viewer takes from it not the film maker. The guy that made Aliens doesnt have to believe in Aliens to make a movie and make money. But if the movie has insite that they do exist its still upto the viewer to use their judgment and make a decision.Trust me I am not for His movies but I am for some of the things his movies do. This argument can go on forever and I am sure it will. So I am leaving it alone .
Aliens was fiction. If Michael Moore presented his work as fiction, that would be a different scenario. If instead, you present it as a documentary, and you show edited clips which mislead the viewer into thinking something happened which didn't, then you are in the realm of propaganda.
Actually, no. It's not in the eye of the viewer, it's false. The things in the film never actually happened.Marijuana does not induce people into murderous rages. The government made this film to convince the public of something which isn't true because they believed itwas in their interest to do so. I guess it worked on you?
No I make my own opinions. I am all for legalization etc.. Bottom line is this country is too busy being followers and not individuals. And the government wants us to be that way. Films can be one side oriented but America needs to smarten up or we will continue the downward spiral to listen and believe everything we watch, read, or are told!Thats my point. I am not either way but Just think for yourself is my point
Aliens was fiction. If Michael Moore presented his work as fiction, that would be a different scenario. If instead, you present it as a documentary, and you show edited clips which mislead the viewer into thinking something happened which didn't, then you are in the realm of propaganda.
this mindset truly baffles meregardless of Michael Moore's alleged political agenda...he continues to inspire discussion on important issues which threaten the livelyhood of our country as a wholeWhat I find so disturbing is that so many of the people who are quick to dismiss MM as a 'spinster' are quick to brush under the rug the FACTS in each of his films and dismiss them as part of some contrived effort to spin a liberal agenda. I totally and 100% agree that his films and his agenda are liberal.....but the point here is that the topics that he has worked so hard to bring to the forefront of mainstream discussion are important issues that have no partisan element.There are more than enough facts and flaws in our system outlined.... that are worthy of national discussion highlighted in each of his films. Even if he got on 'Anderson Cooper 360' or 'Meet The Press' and said 'hey Im a facist' I could care less....The issues that his films force us to discuss in public forums pretty much negate whatever 'agenda' you think he hasThe notion that he 'spun' Bowling For Columbine'as a left wing anti gun/anti GOP agenda film is f**king ridiculous....Look at the facts regarding handgun homicides in this U.S. compared to every other country on this planet. The numbers are truly mind boggling. I won't bother to dig up numbers which anyone can easily google for themselves.The issues that MM has brought front and center shoudn't be a liberal/conservative discussion. (in a perfect world I guess) But somehow the conservative base and GOP lemmings are so quick to label MM as a wacko and a spinsterWhatever you may think of MM and his agenda...he raises valid points and makes us all think about issues we should be paying close attention to. That much is certain. Even if he is a 'spinster' as the right wingers and neo ultra conservatives are so fond of labeling him as.....I don't even care. If the guy was a purple headed alien he still says 'HEY !! look at how f**ked up this is' I would listen and say 'hey this guy makes some good points'. This has got nothing to do with political affiliation, left or right wing agenda....this is about issues....and MM makes us think about them whether you like it or not

I stated in my original post that the reason I posted it in General Poker Forum is because this is pretty much the only section I post in...I don't know any of the regulars in OT and was hoping to inspire a discussion here where I have been posting. The title of my post was my disclaimer. If the mods see fit to relocate this thread I have no problems with that I just wanted to fire up a discussion/debate with people I have talked to before instead of this thread getting buried before it started. anyway whatever the mods decide is cool by me.

Michael moore is a P.O.S. and I would not be upset if he died tomorrow in a horrible plane crash (the pilots surviving on some miracle.)He distorts the truth, only follows up leads supporting his own agenda, and is overall a complete bag of deuche.40 and a shovel

Yes this belongs in Off Topic, Yes I havent agreed with some of the OP's Posts, But should he be banned No not for this..
I dont have that big of a problem with this thread. I feel that OP should have been banned before this for the collective whole of his posts. This thread just adds to the trash he normally posts.