Where Reads Get You!

Put him on ace high or worse and of course he bones the three outter.... I don't think I won a flip or anything like that today its so sick.... Even three outters are going their way ever ****ing time this is some sick negative variance.... I Really need to vent and that is what I'm doing... How many ****ing times can i get it in with the best and get drawn out on by 5 and 3 outters... Aces busted like four out of the five times i've had them today sooo ****ing sick PokerStars Game #10490736604: Tournament #53144338, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/18 - 00:09:46 (ET)Table '53144338 2' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: tcbeaz32719 (3660 in chips) Seat 3: jburn812 (2240 in chips) Seat 4: mrnickelson2 (1530 in chips) Seat 5: Swilly (3630 in chips) Seat 8: narikawa (1825 in chips) jburn812: posts small blind 50mrnickelson2: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to jburn812 [Kd Ah]Swilly: folds narikawa: raises 300 to 400tcbeaz32719: folds jburn812: calls 350mrnickelson2: folds *** FLOP *** [3d 8d 6s]jburn812: checks narikawa: bets 400jburn812: raises 400 to 800narikawa: calls 400*** TURN *** [3d 8d 6s] [Js]jburn812: checks narikawa: bets 625 and is all-injburn812: calls 625*** RIVER *** [3d 8d 6s Js] [Qc]*** SHOW DOWN ***jburn812: shows [Kd Ah] (high card Ace)narikawa: shows [Kh Qs] (a pair of Queens)narikawa collected 3750 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3750 | Rake 0 Board [3d 8d 6s Js Qc]Seat 1: tcbeaz32719 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: jburn812 (small blind) showed [Kd Ah] and lost with high card AceSeat 4: mrnickelson2 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: Swilly folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: narikawa showed [Kh Qs] and won (3750) with a pair of Queens

Put him on ace high or worse and of course he bones the three outter.... I don't think I won a flip or anything like that today its so sick.... Even three outters are going their way ever ****ing time this is some sick negative variance.... I Really need to vent and that is what I'm doing... How many ****ing times can i get it in with the best and get drawn out on by 5 and 3 outters... Aces busted like four out of the five times i've had them today sooo ****ing sick PokerStars Game #10490736604: Tournament #53144338, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/18 - 00:09:46 (ET)Table '53144338 2' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: tcbeaz32719 (3660 in chips) Seat 3: jburn812 (2240 in chips) Seat 4: mrnickelson2 (1530 in chips) Seat 5: Swilly (3630 in chips) Seat 8: narikawa (1825 in chips) jburn812: posts small blind 50mrnickelson2: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to jburn812 [Kd Ah]Swilly: folds narikawa: raises 300 to 400tcbeaz32719: folds jburn812: calls 350mrnickelson2: folds *** FLOP *** [3d 8d 6s]jburn812: checks narikawa: bets 400jburn812: raises 400 to 800narikawa: calls 400*** TURN *** [3d 8d 6s] [Js]jburn812: checks narikawa: bets 625 and is all-injburn812: calls 625*** RIVER *** [3d 8d 6s Js] [Qc]*** SHOW DOWN ***jburn812: shows [Kd Ah] (high card Ace)narikawa: shows [Kh Qs] (a pair of Queens)narikawa collected 3750 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3750 | Rake 0 Board [3d 8d 6s Js Qc]Seat 1: tcbeaz32719 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: jburn812 (small blind) showed [Kd Ah] and lost with high card AceSeat 4: mrnickelson2 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: Swilly folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: narikawa showed [Kh Qs] and won (3750) with a pair of Queens
thats a tough river..... sit it out, break a hockey stick on the ground, realize getting it all in with the best of it is all you can do in NL hold em and move on

not that great of a callunless you usually check/min raise someone for 60% of their stack then check/fold the turnre-raise the flop too.oh yeah, and BBFIDTS

there is the possibility that he had AJ, A8 or mid pp. But, if your read was so on then why didn't you just put him all in on the turn (or flop if you were that confident).

BBFIDTS. Seriously though, try not to post bad beats, everyone experiences really bad down swings, yours are not any more special than anyone else's. Suck it up and keep playing good poker if you can mentally do that, if not take a break and do something you enjoy. Get back into cards in a few days, ready and happy to play.

If you we're so confident shoulda pushed flop.As played, you just let a turn card peel off which could have killed you. He could easily have had KJ, JQ instead of KQ and then you look stupid.

That might be one of the ugliest, fishiest, nastiest calls I've seen in a long time.Wait...I just saw it at a .01/.02 NL table.

I hate to be an *** here, but if this is the type of bad beat that get's you steamed, when you are overplaying ace high, then maybe you need a new hobby.Everyone in here has multiple stories of being so far ahead on the flop only to lose to the ONLY two running cards that could beat them. That's a brutal beat... yet it happens to someone every day.

I hate to be an *** here, but if this is the type of bad beat that get's you steamed, when you are overplaying ace high, then maybe you need a new hobby.Everyone in here has multiple stories of being so far ahead on the flop only to lose to the ONLY two running cards that could beat them. That's a brutal beat... yet it happens to someone every day.
btw - welcome to the forumsJ

Just woke up and reread this hand.... My play was pretty pathetic as I was on tilt from a long day... Looking back if I am sure he didn't pair the flop then I need to push... If not I need to fold the flop... My line really blows in this hand... Other than that I realize this was the wrong place to vent... BBFIDTS I'll use it next time.Peace Burn

Just woke up and reread this hand.... My play was pretty pathetic as I was on tilt from a long day... Looking back if I am sure he didn't pair the flop then I need to push... If not I need to fold the flop... My line really blows in this hand...
Yes, but imo you have to push preflop already, especially because you are out of position for the rest of the hand.
BBFIDTS. Seriously though, try not to post bad beats, everyone experiences really bad down swings, yours are not any more special than anyone else's. Suck it up and keep playing good poker if you can mentally do that, if not take a break and do something you enjoy. Get back into cards in a few days, ready and happy to play.
QFT!

Hey...you're the nimrod in there putting more money in with nothing on the flop when you MISSED completely. AK, no matter what you may have heard, is not a pair. It is worse than 2,2. Got it? You overplayed AK...simple as that. Not a bad beat. Your mistake began when you called pre-flop. Learn to play and quit your bitchin.

Hey...you're the nimrod in there putting more money in with nothing on the flop when you MISSED completely. AK, no matter what you may have heard, is not a pair. It is worse than 2,2. Got it? You overplayed AK...simple as that. Not a bad beat. Your mistake began when you called pre-flop. Learn to play and quit your bitchin.
You played AK very weak pre flop (IF you were going to play it at all), a re-raise would have given you more credit for a hand, then, imo, the only way you have a chance to win the hand given the villian's chip stack is to push the flop.Was is Super System that Doyle said AK is the most overplayed hand in poker? Can't remember who/where I read that years ago but this is living proof.Better luck next time.