Not Another Rounders Thread

Does anyone else get a kick out of the scene in Rounders where Mike is telling how he's good enough to play at KGB's table because he "played with the best and won"? He tells how he bluffed Jonny Chan in one hand, and then immediately left the table. So basically he folds for an hour straight, takes a pot off a pro preflop, and then pulls the old hit and run.I know it's just a movie, but if anyone really pulled that move against a pro and then used that as criteria for how much they deserve credit as a great player, then they'd deserve a good shot to the taint for being a dick.

Knish is the man.

I like the part where he was delivering at the bodega(SP?) and the clerk asks him if Stienbrenner can move the Yankees out of New York and he tells him they don't get to Stienbrenner until 3rd year.

I like the part where he was delivering at the bodega(SP?) and the clerk asks him if Stienbrenner can move the Yankees out of New York and he tells him they don't get to Stienbrenner until 3rd year.
I like the part where Gretchen Mol is walking around in her tight sweater with her firm love pillows trying to tear their way to freedom.
Does anyone else get a kick out of the scene in Rounders where Mike is telling how he's good enough to play at KGB's table because he "played with the best and won"? He tells how he bluffed Jonny Chan in one hand, and then immediately left the table. So basically he folds for an hour straight, takes a pot off a pro preflop, and then pulls the old hit and run.I know it's just a movie, but if anyone really pulled that move against a pro and then used that as criteria for how much they deserve credit as a great player, then they'd deserve a good shot to the taint for being a dick.
I don't know, I always thought he was making that story up, as he was trying to convince Knish to lend him the money......Maybe it's just me :club: .........
supreme pizza with ranch and chipotle dips.
Winner!!/thread

I think its funny that chan folds preflop for one more bet. chan raises, mike re raises, chan reraises, then mike caps and chan folds....? wtf? the movie is really off in a lot of spots.

I like the girl from the card room in New York. I find it totally unbelieable when Mike knocks her back though.
I watched the scene with the commentary and they said this after Mike throws the galss and breaks it.'He didn't break that cause he is mad at Worm, he did it cause he was pissed as us for making him turn her down'
I watched the scene with the commentary and they said this after Mike throws the galss and breaks it.'He didn't break that cause he is mad at Worm, he did it cause he was pissed as us for making him turn her down'
This makes sense.