Australian Pokerdome

I'm in Brisbane and I've just heard about Pokerdome. If it's as good as it sounds I can't wait to go down there, but since I'd have to make a trip down to Tweeds Heads to play I was wondering if anyone here can tell me a couple of things that I can't find on their website.Do they have cash games?Do they have limit hold'em?What are the lowest stakes they play?Any information that you can give me would be fantastic. I've been looking for a place to play for a long time. Getting sick of only playing online.

Hey RooI thought they spread some games at Jupiters? Last time I was there (18 months ago) they only had limit - thought they would have expanded by now.There is a pokerdome in Sydney. I don't like it - there are no dealers, and there is a really degenerate atmosphere. Might be better up north thoughWe should get an Aussie FCP trip to Crown happening for one their big tourney weeks / weekendsDave

What kind of stakes do they have at Jupiters? I've heard their lowest is 10/20, which is way too high for my bankroll. I could be way off cause I've never been and the guy who told me that is an idiot.What about Treasury?

What kind of stakes do they have at Jupiters? I've heard their lowest is 10/20, which is way too high for my bankroll. I could be way off cause I've never been and the guy who told me that is an idiot.What about Treasury?
When I was living in Gold Coast I played a bunch at Jupiter's. At that time (Jan to May 2006), they had one table of 5/10 LHE and one table of 10/20 LHE.Only went to Treasury once, didn't play because the waiting list was like 100 people...I forget what limits they spread.Obv the Crown FTW.
No cash games. Just sit n go's and MTT.
And I've never been to the one in tweed heads, but the one at Newtown the lowest limit was $20, sometimes they got $50 sngs going, but much higher than that was rare. It's all self dealt. Structure is a crapshoot. $20 sng starts with I think 2000 chips 25/50 blinds and they double every fifteen minutes. $50 start with 3000 in chips. Some of their MTTs are decent, but since I'm not a tourney player or sng player, and its self dealt (read slooooooow) and bad structure I haven't been in ages but it's an ok place.

I've been to the one in Newtown twice ...The first time I played about 5 of the $20 SNG's ... not particularly much play, as the blinds raise every 15 and the dealing is really slow ... The play was pretty bad.The second time I played the Saturday $55 MTT. It actually had quite a bit of play. I ended up Final Tabling, but busted in 10th for pretty much a bubble (I think top 7 paid.. with 71 entrants).. Stop & Go'd with 99 when the board came 3 spade unders. Unfortunately bloke flopped a flush (and then berated me for how bad my play was of course)I would agree the atmosphere is not that great, but its much better than Star City IMHO for Sydney live play.

I've been to the one in Newtown twice ...The first time I played about 5 of the $20 SNG's ... not particularly much play, as the blinds raise every 15 and the dealing is really slow ... The play was pretty bad.The second time I played the Saturday $55 MTT. It actually had quite a bit of play. I ended up Final Tabling, but busted in 10th for pretty much a bubble (I think top 7 paid.. with 71 entrants).. Stop & Go'd with 99 when the board came 3 spade unders. Unfortunately bloke flopped a flush (and then berated me for how bad my play was of course)I would agree the atmosphere is not that great, but its much better than Star City IMHO for Sydney live play.
Why do you say that? At least Star City has dealers, they spread cash games (they are unbelievably soft) and they have a mix of games. I've been to pokerdome in Newtown, admittedly a while back, and it screamed home game gone wrong.
Why do you say that? At least Star City has dealers, they spread cash games (they are unbelievably soft) and they have a mix of games. I've been to pokerdome in Newtown, admittedly a while back, and it screamed home game gone wrong.
I don't think Newtowns great, but it's not horrible. The problem I have with Star is yes, once your sitting down and you get past the raping of the rake, it's fairly nice. The problem is that I've always had to wait for 2+ hours to get on a table unless I go in at about 1 o'clock in the morning. The poker area is there to increase the earn on the slots and table games, which I don't play at all. Haven't played slots in about 1 and a half years as I was afraid of becoming a degenerate. I don't appreciate being not so subtly suggested to that I should be playing the other games.
I don't think Newtowns great, but it's not horrible. The problem I have with Star is yes, once your sitting down and you get past the raping of the rake, it's fairly nice. The problem is that I've always had to wait for 2+ hours to get on a table unless I go in at about 1 o'clock in the morning. The poker area is there to increase the earn on the slots and table games, which I don't play at all. Haven't played slots in about 1 and a half years as I was afraid of becoming a degenerate. I don't appreciate being not so subtly suggested to that I should be playing the other games.
You're exactly right about the wait. Generally I will put my name on a list and go and have a meal somewhere. As for the rake, although it's excessive I believe the play more than makes up for it. I'm hoping the coming APPT event being held in Sydney will force Star City to look closely at how they run their poker room and hopefully will result in some changes.I guess Newtown's just not for me, I can't cop it that's for sure. The truth of the matter is though if you want to play poker in Australia you simply can't go past Crown. Head and shoulders above anywhere else.
When I was living in Gold Coast I played a bunch at Jupiter's. At that time (Jan to May 2006), they had one table of 5/10 LHE and one table of 10/20 LHE.Only went to Treasury once, didn't play because the waiting list was like 100 people...I forget what limits they spread.Obv the Crown FTW.
where is this?? I'll be on the gold coats soonGot my ticket you wankers!! Oct 11th Royal Lands in Sydney and then to Surfers for 6 months.
where is this?? I'll be on the gold coats soonGot my ticket you wankers!! Oct 11th Royal Lands in Sydney and then to Surfers for 6 months.
Jupiters is right in the middle of the Gold Coast, at Broadbeach, about 5 mins drive south of Surfers Paradise. As for six months in Surfers Paradise, good luck with that! :club: If you come through it alive (and disease free) I'm sure you'll have some stories to tell.
This looks like more effort then this thread deserved
I woke up way early couldnt sleep and spent all of 5 minutes doing it to give myself a chuckle.The hardest part was i wanted it to be Hachem HU so I had to search an extra 2 minutes for the pic.