OK, so I have been grinding the .10/.25 building my bankroll and playing well (for the most part). I am going to be moving up to .25/.50 full time very soon, but am just starting to test the waters while still focusing on .10/.25 mostly. So far at this table, I have played super TAG, showing down only solid hands. But, I had kings cracked by a short stacker ten hands earlier by A-10 off (all in pre-flop) and I could be viewed as tilting.Villain in this hand is very good and tricky. He has played very well and I really don't want to tangle with him (this was going through my mind as this hand went down). Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP ($77.55)Button ($50)Hero ($50.95)BB ($88.70)UTG ($79.95)Preflop: Hero is SB with ad.gif, kh.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $4.Flop: ($11.75) kd.gif, jh.gif, 3c.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.Turn: ($11.75) tc.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $8.5, Hero calls $8.50.River: ($28.75) 4h.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $15.5, Hero calls $15.50.Final Pot: $59.75On the flop, I was thinking check-raise, but his check behind confused me. I was so lost in this hand. I was thinking his range was probably A-Q, A-K, and 9-9+. What do you think? Thanks.

OK, so I have been grinding the .10/.25 building my bankroll and playing well (for the most part). I am going to be moving up to .25/.50 full time very soon, but am just starting to test the waters while still focusing on .10/.25 mostly. So far at this table, I have played super TAG, showing down only solid hands. But, I had kings cracked by a short stacker ten hands earlier by A-10 off (all in pre-flop) and I could be viewed as tilting.Villain in this hand is very good and tricky. He has played very well and I really don't want to tangle with him (this was going through my mind as this hand went down). ...What do you think? Thanks.
I think he flopped a set of jacks. But you need to bet the flop. I never ever check with AK flopping just a one pair. It's only TPTK. You need to get the value of the hand and begin charging for draws right there.
I think he flopped a set of jacks. But you need to bet the flop. I never ever check with AK flopping just a one pair. It's only TPTK. You need to get the value of the hand and begin charging for draws right there.
That's being so so so so so results orientated.You don't need to bet the flop at all, he took the lead Pre so it's completely standard to check to him on the flop.The biggest mistake you made in this hand is PF imo, i think i almost prefer folding this OOP over calling with it.Flop, turn and river look fine to me.
That's being so so so so so results orientated.You don't need to bet the flop at all, he took the lead Pre so it's completely standard to check to him on the flop.The biggest mistake you made in this hand is PF imo, i think i almost prefer folding this OOP over calling with it.Flop, turn and river look fine to me.
LOLLike I said, I don't want my TPTK flops checked into the turn. This is HU, we're either getting value here or we're not. Go ahead and bet it.You can never fold AK PF at .50 NL IMHO. What hands are you waiting for, exactly?

I prefer a bet on the flop, but there is not that much value to be had. I don't know how many hands in his range we beat will call. However, by checking in this case we have let hands in his range draw out on us.If we consider his range AJ+, 99+ we only beat queens, nines and AJ. Maybe some of the better players can tell me if this is too tight for his range. Within this range we are probably beat, and I don't think he shows up with queens nines or AJ enough for the river call to be profitable.Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, I suck at six max.

LOLLike I said, I don't want my TPTK flops checked into the turn. This is HU, we're either getting value here or we're not. Go ahead and bet it.You can never fold AK PF at .50 NL IMHO. What hands are you waiting for, exactly?
We get value by letting the PFR raiser c-bet when he misses.Where do we get value from leading out? The only OESD there is is QT, this is a very dry board, and before we've even seen him act you're positive he has to have a draw and that we have to protect against it. Checking here gets soooooooooo much more value, as even if it checks through we can bet the turn and get less credit for a real hand.I think leading out here after calling PF is dumb.

After the flop checks around, I probably bet out the turn to try to get some value if villain has a hand like QQ, and if villain is checking a set, we probably find out with a raise and can fold. Though I guess if villain calls I am not sure what the plan is on the river. Also, I have been calling in these situations with AK preflop and not been happy, since you either flop your A or K and don't get value or get beat by a set (or aces), or you don't and then have to give up on the flop. So maybe 4-betting would help with that problem, although if we 4-bet and get called I am not sure how to continue.

4 bet preflop and the hand plays itself.I'd probably donk this flop into him.I don't know why you're not leading the turn after he checks behind on the flop.I guess I call the river? I don't know. You managed to play the hand in such a way that it looks like you have nothing and you know nothing about your opponent's hand.

I take the lead and bet the flop :club:
If you 4-bet preflop, you don't have to lead into the guy because you have the lead, the hand pretty much plays itself.Please please please, bet the turn after he checks behind on the flop, checking there just gets you confused.
4 bet preflop and the hand plays itself.I'd probably donk this flop into him.I don't know why you're not leading the turn after he checks behind on the flop.I guess I call the river? I don't know. You managed to play the hand in such a way that it looks like you have nothing and you know nothing about your opponent's hand.
Wtf, why do I even write things out before I read responses. Of course someone already said all of this shit.

that turn took away the hand you were beating: AQ. Now you're not. Bummer.Would villian bet turn w/ aj? Blind v blind 4 bet sounds good here pre. And I'd have bet the flop as played. Besides the fact that he 'played well' did he 3 bet often? Always good to keep track of that.

Preflop: Hero is SB with ad.gif, kh.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $4.I was thinking his range was probably A-Q, A-K, and 9-9+. Flop: ($11.75) kd.gif, jh.gif, 3c.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.
Bet. The only way we accumulate chips is by putting some of our own in the middle.

Depending on my read on Villian, I would 4 bet this hand unless it was a real rock 3 betting, which I would then still call. Once you hit, why not just lead out? I do understand you were going for a ck raise but by doing so what do you expect other than a hand like TT to fold easy or a hand that beats you to raise it up even further? Then what? Hard to lay that down even to a re raise. I definetly lead the turn here as now you are probably just losing any value left. After checking the flop and turn. Villian probably expects he can turn up the heat after you checking twice.

I don't mind calling the three bet pre...I attempt a check raise on this flop... as I expect most hands that 3 bet me pre to follow through with a c-betWhen he checks behind I am worried about ZOMGIFLOPPEDASET syndrom... and that 10 was a pretty crappy card... completing one of the big aces he may have checked... so I like a b/f for half the potIf I get to this river with this line I'm c-cingHate it

but by doing so what do you expect other than a hand like TT to fold easy or a hand that beats you to raise it up even further?[/b] Then what? Hard to lay that down even to a re raise. I definetly lead the turn here as now you are probably just losing any value left. After checking the flop and turn. Villian probably expects he can turn up the heat after you checking twice.
4:17 AM' post='2389767']And if we lead out, he's still going to raise us with better hands, only this time it's harder to play against because he could be reacting to us leading into him, if we get re-raised after we C/R i think it's a pretty obvious fold.