Concealed Handgun

Desert Eagle .50 or, kick it old school and carry a ninja sword and shurikens.
lolzerYou are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun... And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"... written down the side of mine... should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't sound smart enough to own a gun. Instead of going to the shooting range, I'd suggest ski ball, and call 911 in case of emergency break in.
At least the OP sounds like he's trying to be a responsible gun owner. He's getting the opinion of other shooters and he plans on gaining experience handling a weapon at the range. I see nothing in his attitude here that should prohibit him from the pursuit of obtaining a weapon and learning to handle it safely and responsibly. You, I'm not so sure about.
You, I'm not so sure about.
Don't worry about him... he's gonna call 911 and hide in the closet.
Don't worry about him... he's gonna call 911 and hide in the closet.
He really should come out of it already.
well, when you get a chance if you feel like it please provide some links. that was an opinion of mine and i hope i was pretty clear about that.
I've posted my response to this in some other thread, at some other time, but I'll say the same thing now as I said then. In college, I did a extremely in depth and intricate research project on the gun industry, its laws, and its threats. I had lots of data, and lots of research that showed how skewed the data (from both sides) can be and is. That was 4 years ago. I'm sure, if I tried, I could go back and find this information, but that would require me to turn on my old computer, open a few files, search for it, and this will not happen. Why you ask? Because I am extremely lazy. Extremely. So I'll just have to be satisfied with knowing that I have proven absolutely no point, but did waste several minutes discussing something for pretty much no reason. This is my life as I know it.
Firstly, I know absolutly nothing about the gun industry and don't plan on googling it to find my answer.I'm not trying to start a debate, just wondering how big is the production of hand guns? Who makes them, who distributes them? The reason why I ask, is because in my opinion handguns serve no purpose if they wern't mass produced in the first place.I understand law enforcement needs them, they put their life on the line for their job. They have a dangerous job all around and need to protect themselves. However, if mass production of hand guns (not rifles) wern't around in the first place, no one should feel threatened or need to conceal a handgun.A 15 yr old boy was shot to death in Toronto 2 days ago in school. Yes it was in Toronto's poor part of town and no there wasn't any cameras in the school (Apparently they are planned to be installed next month). The point is, I feel the hand gun made it a quick decision for him to kill another human. A decision I'm sure he'll regret the rest of his life. If handguns wern't massed produced, every gun taken off the street could very slowly remove one more 'quick bad decision' in the future. I know it can be argued he'd just use a knife instead, blah blah but that's beyond my point.If anyone happens to know much about the gun industry, just wondering how big of an industry hand guns are (Such as how many are produced each year, are they imported or made in the states, etc.?). Thanks.
Its big, but see above
Did you live in East New York in like 1982? What the fuck city/neighborhood is this?? I'm glad you don't still live there.
No, downtown Rochester, and it wasn't even one of the really bad neighborhoods. When that cab driver got shot, we were all sitting outside on the porch shooting the shit. The gun must have been a little .22 or something, because it sounded like someone was setting off firecrackers. Then we heard the yelling and tires squealing, and a black kid went screaming through our yard trying to get away. Fun stuff. The cokehead nearly got himself shot, but I'm well aware of the laws about legal shootings and wasn't going to do a damn thing with an (apparently?) unarmed intruder unless he actually managed to get past the threshhold (he wasn't a very big cokehead, and my roommates unceremoniusly threw him off the porch and back into the street). I'm glad I don't live there anymore too, now the most I have to deal with is annoying neighbors and barking dogs.

For home defense, get a pump 12 gage. We had a few in our house in college, and twice when people were trying to break in, my roomie or I just racked it on the other side of the door and they tore *** off the porch and into the night. If you want to plink at the range, get a 9mm and some professional shooting lessons, they are cheap (lessons) but very important for good form and improving your skill.Or just be a squid and go out and buy the biggest pistol you can find and stick it in your waistband.Tom.

For home defense, get a pump 12 gage. We had a few in our house in college, and twice when people were trying to break in, my roomie or I just racked it on the other side of the door and they tore *** off the porch and into the night. If you want to plink at the range, get a 9mm and some professional shooting lessons, they are cheap (lessons) but very important for good form and improving your skill.Or just be a squid and go out and buy the biggest pistol you can find and stick it in your waistband.Tom.
Yeah, you absolutely can't beat that racking sound for the shit your pants factor. Plus, there's absolutely no chance the bastard is getting back up after a blast of buckshot in the chest. Absolutely the best "pure home defense" weapon you can buy, and you don't need a permit to own one. For plinking, you don't want a 9mm, you want a .22. 9mm ammo isn't as expensive as a box of 50cal, but you can't beat buying an entire milk carton full of 500 rounds of .22 for twenty bucks. Turkish: Fuck me, hold tight. What's that? Tommy: It's me belt, Turkish. Turkish: No, Tommy. There's a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers? Tommy: It's for protection. Turkish: Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?
The cokehead nearly got himself shot, but I'm well aware of the laws about legal shootings and wasn't going to do a damn thing with an (apparently?) unarmed intruder unless he actually managed to get past the threshhold (he wasn't a very big cokehead, and my roommates unceremoniusly threw him off the porch and back into the street).
wait a second! what street did you live on? i think that cokehead was me.
OK, I am thinking about getting a concealed handgun for protection. Something safe, yet cool looking. It will basically be stored in the house in case the unexpected break in happens. I want to go to the range and use it too...almost like another hobby.Do any of you have one?What are some suggestions?I don't know much about guns, but I want/need a safety on it and want to be well educated on the weapon I get.I kinda like the revolvers more than the semi-automatics, but not sure of the differences or benefits of either.Holla back.Oh, post some pics if you can.
The very fact that you said "Cool looking" means you have no buisness concealing a weapon, or owning one. You shouldn't be allowed to throw rocks at barn doors, much less own and load, point and shoot a gun. Seriously, I don't think I have ever heard a clearer cry for help.
You sir are an idiot.What are you basing your information on? I never said I knew ANYTHING about guns, but am inquiring about purchasing one and learning more about them. If the situation ever happened to where I had to protect myself, I want enough experience at a shooting range to where I would know what I was doing. It's called practice my friend. Doing this every so often would also make this a hobby for me.Just because you have 15,000 posts on an internet forum does not make you cool. It just means you need a life. Possibly a girlfriend or boyfriend, depending if you are gay or not. Not that there is anything wrong with that...
See my post. Maybe that will help explain. If not, then by all means buy the coolest looking gun you can find. With any luck, your penis will get bigger upon purchase.
Haha, no. But honestly, that kids family lives a quarter mile from my house.Thank you for all the serious posts. I've done a little research on my own too, but just wondering what peeps here had to say.Glock seems like a good one. I don't want anything huge, but i do want to be able to carry it if I want to. I'd definitely get all the proper permits first, obv.I am just gun ignorant but possibly want another hobby and am fascinated by guns. Going to a range seems like it would be fun to me. Especially after some bad beats.
ignorant but possibly want another hobby and am fascinated by guns.You are just asking for disaster.
  • 2 weeks later...
The very fact that you said "Cool looking" means you have no buisness concealing a weapon, or owning one. You shouldn't be allowed to throw rocks at barn doors, much less own and load, point and shoot a gun. Seriously, I don't think I have ever heard a clearer cry for help.
Hypothetical:Gun A is blocky and ugly but functional. Gun B is sleek and smooth and just as functional. Under your line of thinking there should be no difference in popularity and if one were to choose the "cool looking" gun it's a cry for help? A gun that looks good without sacrificing it's functionality is the nuts and I won't apologize for appreciating a "cool looking" gun.From this post and others it seems as if you expect a potential gun owner to already know everything there is to know about owning and firing a weapon. This is just stupid. Everyone has to learn at some point. Rather than look down my nose or attempt to appear intellectually superior to the OP I would rather encourage him to do the research, do the learning, and welcome him to the ranks of responsible gun owners. Now, to the original reason I looked for this topic:Someone finally re-opened the indoor range by my house so my dad and I took the pistols out this weekend. I loaded 8 in the first clip and got 2 in the 9 ring, 3 in the 10 ring and 3 in the X ring in a five inch grouping. I thought that was pretty decent especially considering it was the first chance I'd had to fire my pistol in two years. Pretty much shot that way for the rest of the day too. All in all it was a good day at the range. So to the OP see the above paragraph and have fun.

Seems like a great plan to me, I'd love to get a gun too.Then I'd roll around all day with it, cutting lines, and driving like a **** so I could eventually provoke a situation that went a little like this:Pissed off dude: Hey jerk, go to hell!Gun-strapping me: You First.BLAM-OMan that'd be sweet.

if you are looking to try to increase your level of safety there are plenty of other places you could look first. try eating less saturated fat and driving slower. those things are much more likely to kill you than another person. orders of magnitude more likely. i would think that having a gun would increase the chances of you becoming involved in a violent situation actually.
I can't remember for sure but I'm 99% positive that this is the 4th most ignorant post I've ever read on FCP.Could be 3rd though.Anyway, congratulations.
I can't remember for sure but I'm 99% positive that this is the 4th most ignorant post I've ever read on FCP.Could be 3rd though.Anyway, congratulations.
what are you talking about? didn't you know that criminals leave skinny slow drivers alone?
what are you talking about? didn't you know that criminals leave skinny slow drivers alone?
I'm screwed.