Some of you guys really need to take a movie comprehension 101 class.
From reading this thread from opening day till now, I agree.The batmen obviously weren't working with the Scarecrow. Why? Because of the reaction of Scarecrow and his men + him saying in surprise when he first got shot at "That's not the real Batman" (train of thought being that Batman isn't the kind of guy to just pop out of nowhere and start blasting away with a rifle). Also, Scarecrow had his own henchmen with guns in the van. Knowing that, why would he then have fake batmen bust onto the scene with guns when he's trying to have a secret meeting in the first place (key word being secret as to not attract the real Batman)?Back to the original reason I was posting, this is one of the most incredible movies that I've seen in a long time.It's "happily" sick and twisted if you're able to enjoy that sort of thing. I left the midnight showing finding myself taking pleasure out of the chaotic nature of the Joker. Sociopaths make you grimace, but the character created in that movie takes it to a new level. What I hope people definitely realize is that there are two important idealistic battles going on at the same time. Not only do you have the battle of good vs. evil taken to a new extreme, but you also have the battle of order vs. chaos.alignment.jpgIt is so rare to have such an engaging lawful good character as we do in this Batman. Most lawful good characters are overly cheesy and make for bad movies (example being the George Clooney Batman). Lots of average movies have chaotic good characters like the "cop w/ a bad attitude that will do anything to catch the crook". As dark as they make Batman out to be, don't peg him the wrong way. He's not your Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. He's your perfect angelic guardian spirit. Remember, the bad boy Bruce Wayne image is solely to throw people off his tail. BW/Batman are one in the same by their heart. The drive, desire, actions, thoughts, hope, integrity, etc. are as pure and righteous as you could possibly imagine.As far as the other side goes, most evil characters are all lawful in the nature of their being. Whether it's an ego, greed, etc, there is always that guaranteed something can be manipulated to foul up the bad guy's plan. But when it comes to actual chaotic evil characters, you almost always have to watch a lame horror/thriller flick. Every now and then, you get some masterpieces, but they are usually pretty one-sided. The evil characters in the Rob Zombie movies are a great example of that.

The Dark Knight's Batman vs. Joker is one of those fights that you could watch for many movies to come. There are so many infinite possibilities of moral dilemmas that can be utilized. Not only that, but the two characters can't end each other's lives at all. It reminds me of the Spike vs. Vicious battle in Cowboy Bebop (if anyone knows what I'm talking about). No one can kill either of them except for each other. But if Batman actually executes Joker, then he isn't the moral standard that he sets himself at (very much like a Vash the Stampede character if anyone is a Trigun fan, too) and is no more. If Joker kills Batman, then he has no real challengers in his quest to break everyone's moral code. Because of this, they can go on for years making films with fantastic subplots, supporting characters, and new ways for each side to undermine the other.I was sad that they killed off TwoFace, though. Eckhart became one of my favorite actors after his lead in Thank You For Smoking. I would've loved for the third movie to be a continuance of the second with a living TwoFace who "joins forces" (I mean that very liberally) with the Joker.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the riddler is next. :club:
In discussing with my friend, I think that Batman's probably the best single superhero and his villains are also the best. The likely villains that you'd want to go with next:CatwomanMr. FreezePenguinRiddlerClayfaceBaneKiller CrocPoison IvyMan-BatBased on their desire to shy away from anything too "super-powered" in this new series, I'd think they might shy away from Clayface. I really think it'd be great if they handled Mr. Freeze correctly. He should be played more like Christopher Lloyd's Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I think you could write 20 or 30 pages dissecting every aspect of the BRILLIANCE that was this film.I will try and be concise when I say that "The Dark Knight", is, without a doubt, the best superhero movie every made.And I would say that it is without peer.

Wikipedia:Nolan is not committed to another sequel, explaining that he does not normally line up projects after completing a film. Gary Oldman is confident Nolan will return, and Bale said he would return if Nolan did. Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to hunt down Batman. Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, he is not including Robin in the franchise because Bale is portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films". Nolan jokingly listed Frankie Muniz as a potential choice, if the studio forced him to cast. Bale joked "I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work" if Robin is introduced.In addition, Nolan considered the Penguin difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky." Both Christina Ricci and Kate Beckinsale have shown interest in playing Catwoman, while David Tennant wishes to play the Riddler. Prior to the release of The Dark Knight in 2008, David Goyer ruled out using the Penguin or Catwoman as a villain in a future film, prefering to use antagonists from the comic that had not yet been portrayed on the big screen.

I just saw it for the second time because I went to the midnight opening and it was just amazing both times. Heath Ledger and the Joker just steal your breath. Everyone needs to see this. Also, Ledger better at least be getting an Oscar nomination. He deserves it sooooo much....Just a brilliant film.

Wikipedia:...Kate Beckinsale have shown interest in playing Catwoman....
Dear God,Listen, I haven't asked for much, and pretty much every request I've proferred has been denied. So please, just this once, let this happen.Thank you in advance,Hank
Wikipedia:Nolan is not committed to another sequel, explaining that he does not normally line up projects after completing a film. Gary Oldman is confident Nolan will return, and Bale said he would return if Nolan did. Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to hunt down Batman. Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, he is not including Robin in the franchise because Bale is portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films". Nolan jokingly listed Frankie Muniz as a potential choice, if the studio forced him to cast. Bale joked "I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work" if Robin is introduced.In addition, Nolan considered the Penguin difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky." Both Christina Ricci and Kate Beckinsale have shown interest in playing Catwoman, while David Tennant wishes to play the Riddler. Prior to the release of The Dark Knight in 2008, David Goyer ruled out using the Penguin or Catwoman as a villain in a future film, prefering to use antagonists from the comic that had not yet been portrayed on the big screen.
<3 Nolan and Bale.God I hope they do another for the love of god. This thing is gonna make a Billion dollars, I think they have to.

Unfriggin believable ! ! !I can't wait to see Heath Ledger in the next Dark Knight movie.wait...... never mind. As good as Jack Nicholson was as the Joker.... Heath was 5 times that good.The scene with the hospital was so friggin awesome!Now here's my only complaint.... did Batman have to have a lisp? He reminded me of Jim Carey as the Cable Guy. Christian Bale is an awesome actor but he usually contwols that thing with hith ethes better.

I'm not really a comic book guy (which means I haven't read any of them or seen their movies) but I watch Batman Begins yesterday (wasn't all too impressed but I probably was too tired to be a good judge of it) and saw Dark Knight today. It was definitely one of the better movies I've ever seen. It really is a shame about Heath Ledger because I think he deserves all the attention he's getting now but I wish it wasn't posthumous.

I know Christian Bale said he will only do a third Batman if Nolan is directing.
Now here's my only complaint.... did Batman have to have a lisp? He reminded me of Jim Carey as the Cable Guy. Christian Bale is an awesome actor but he usually contwols that thing with hith ethes better.
You know he speaks with a British accent? I thought he did the voice great. His voice as Batman is just a low rumble, but it's very hard to do in someone else's accent. Try to speak how he did Batman's voice (not Bruce Wayne's voice) in a British accent.

It's so shitty ledger died. Batman doesn't have any more villans that translate to the big screen as well as the joker. Some many of them will be so hard not to do cheese. I would guess that manbat would be the next, to play off genentic engineering type stuff. I just can't see a serious penguin or riddler playing well on the big screen.

you don't think they at least consider/try to find someone else to do the joker?I mean, then there's the question of do you have him try to copy heath's or go in a different direction.maybe similar but changed from time in isolation and away from his favourite playmateIf you have the right story and need the joker then I'd say at least attempt to find someone

you don't think they at least consider/try to find someone else to do the joker?I mean, then there's the question of do you have him try to copy heath's or go in a different direction.maybe similar but changed from time in isolation and away from his favourite playmateIf you have the right story and need the joker then I'd say at least attempt to find someone
Because a vicious Harley Quinn would have been killer..
is this just an addition to your other post and quoting my post was just a mistake? I'm, how do you say, confused.
well, I should have probably included some other sentences like..."I really would like to see them have another movie with the joker, it's really shitty that Ledger died, there's so much fertile joker ground, so much more they could do, like Harley Quinn, Because a vicious Harley Quinn would be killer."
It's so shitty ledger died. Batman doesn't have any more villans that translate to the big screen as well as the joker. Some many of them will be so hard not to do cheese. I would guess that manbat would be the next, to play off genentic engineering type stuff. I just can't see a serious penguin or riddler playing well on the big screen.
I'm telling you...Christopher Lloyd as Judge Doom as Mr. Freeze from Batman: TAS...it'd work.

They will not cast someone else as the Joker because it would probably be the stupidest thing the studio could ever do. They cant end the batman series because they can make too much money from a third. I think they'd have to go with The Riddler and maybe one other villain like they did with Two face in this one.OH BTW AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!

God, when I was like 11, DKR blew my tits off. I think I've got a .cbz somewhere, but DKR is probably the rarest comic of the past 50 years, and thus I'm the only person with the .cbz, and therefore won't be giving it away.

God, when I was like 11, DKR blew my tits off. I think I've got a .cbz somewhere, but DKR is probably the rarest comic of the past 50 years, and thus I'm the only person with the .cbz, and therefore won't be giving it away.
LOL. DKR blew my tits off, and I was like 24 when I first read it. I twas part of the wave of comics I read that got me back into comics, starting with like The Sandman, really heating up with Jimmy Corrigan, smartest kid on earth, and hitting full throttle with The Watchmen and DKR. The DKR and THe Watchmen was supposed to change mainstream comics, make them smarter and more artistic. But all it did was make them "Gritty". They added more sex and violence, but even less content and art. I'd say it wasn't until the late 90's and 00's, that main stream comics have even tasted the fruits of what DKR and The Watchmen started. And even then, only about 1 DC or Marvel comic in 15 is worth 2 craps.

I have an interest in the idea of being into comics, and the ones you listed there (other than Sandman, which I haven't read. Any particular book or series?) are all incredible, but a) I really don't know where to start and B) to become appropriately scholarly would take like thousands of dollars that I'm not prepared to spend or thousands of hours on nerd forums begging scans off people who make you and I seem like varsity lettermen.