If There's Ever A Time To Fold On The River..

Full Tilt Poker Game #2447892912: Table Crestline - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:49:04 ET - 2007/05/17Seat 1: phaReL ($28.50)Seat 2: jamespage2 ($41.45)Seat 3: JaeSungEeDa ($16.85)Seat 4: SQQTED ($21.15)Seat 5: Redwalked ($46.25)Seat 6: shirun ($18.40)Seat 7: Jedi4168 ($43.75)Seat 8: Ober5tjohn ($59.85)Seat 9: Biztram ($47.10)Ober5tjohn posts the small blind of $0.25Biztram posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Biztram [5s 5c]phaReL foldsjamespage2 foldsJaeSungEeDa calls $0.50SQQTED foldsRedwalked raises to $2.50shirun foldsJedi4168 calls $2.50Ober5tjohn foldsBiztram calls $2JaeSungEeDa calls $2*** FLOP *** [Ac 5h As]Biztram checksJaeSungEeDa checksRedwalked checksJedi4168 bets $5Biztram calls $5JaeSungEeDa foldsRedwalked folds*** TURN *** [Ac 5h As] [6s]Biztram checksJedi4168 checks*** RIVER *** [Ac 5h As 6s] [Th]Biztram checksJedi4168 bets $10Biztram raises to $20Jedi4168 raises to $30Biztram raises to $39.60, and is all inJedi4168 calls $6.25, and is all inUncalled bet of $3.35 returned to Biztram*** SHOW DOWN ***Biztram shows [5s 5c] (a full house, Fives full of Aces)Jedi4168 mucksBiztram wins the pot ($89.75) with a full house, Fives full of AcesJedi4168 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $92.75 | Rake $3Board: [Ac 5h As 6s Th]Seat 1: phaReL didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: jamespage2 didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: JaeSungEeDa folded on the FlopSeat 4: SQQTED didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: Redwalked folded on the FlopSeat 6: shirun didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: Jedi4168 (button) mucked [7h 7d] - two pair, Aces and SevensSeat 8: Ober5tjohn (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 9: Biztram (big blind) showed [5s 5c] and won ($89.75) with a full house, Fives full of Aces

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to even read the hand.Fold pre-flop.
Nah, with that many people in the Hand, plus im in the BB, and it's only 2 more$ to call, i think calling is correct.When the flop hit, I thought for sure someone had an ace and was gonna get paid off, instead i got paid off by the unthinkable 77 lol
No need to even read the hand.Fold pre-flop.
please let me know when you are playing. Id be happy to play against a weak tight ultra tight donk who folds a low pp with great odds on a well stacked table. If you are folding a low pp in this case you are a total moron. This is exactly the type of call you should be making in full ring. Its called 'set mining'. Keep folding pocket pairs to small raises...I love guys like you.
Based on this HH, I'm guessing the OP's aces get cracked often and he never once thinks it's his fault.
lol nah, i don't slow play hardly anything, But when you flop a house and theres like 4 people in the pot, why not slow play, give other people a chance to play catch up.
please let me know when you are playing. Id be happy to play against a weak tight ultra tight donk who folds a low pp with great odds on a well stacked table. If you are folding a low pp in this case you are a total moron. This is exactly the type of call you should be making in full ring. Its called 'set mining'. Keep folding pocket pairs to small raises...I love guys like you.
I said I didnt even read the hand, you punctilious jerk-off. Yeah, I said punctilious.
5xBB is smallhmmmm

Thats a damn lie trinity. I havent drank in a coons age.And I meant to say that the OP should have open folded the flop. That will mess with their minds.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2447892912: Table Crestline - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:49:04 ET - 2007/05/17Seat 1: phaReL ($28.50)Seat 2: jamespage2 ($41.45)Seat 3: JaeSungEeDa ($16.85)Seat 4: SQQTED ($21.15)Seat 5: Redwalked ($46.25)Seat 6: shirun ($18.40)Seat 7: Jedi4168 ($43.75)Seat 8: Ober5tjohn ($59.85)Seat 9: Biztram ($47.10)Ober5tjohn posts the small blind of $0.25Biztram posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Biztram [5s 5c]phaReL foldsjamespage2 foldsJaeSungEeDa calls $0.50SQQTED foldsRedwalked raises to $2.50shirun foldsJedi4168 calls $2.50Ober5tjohn foldsBiztram calls $2JaeSungEeDa calls $2if you can't call a 2 dollar raise with a $47.00 dollar stack with a pocket pair why don't you just quit the game right now and invest your bankroll in 30 year low yield CD's.The odds of flopping a set is 12.5% (1 in 8) so if he hits he gets paid...pretty basic. The call is an investment in hitting a 1 to 8 shot....If he misses he can get away from his 5's and not even make a dent in his stack.....there is also a caller ahead of him which makes this even more of a no brainer. If there was no caller ahead of him there MIGHT be room for argument against the call...but he has great odds to call looking to spike here. If you fold a low pocket pair in this situation please stop playing poker immed

Full Tilt Poker Game #2447892912: Table Crestline - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:49:04 ET - 2007/05/17Seat 1: phaReL ($28.50)Seat 2: jamespage2 ($41.45)Seat 3: JaeSungEeDa ($16.85)Seat 4: SQQTED ($21.15)Seat 5: Redwalked ($46.25)Seat 6: shirun ($18.40)Seat 7: Jedi4168 ($43.75)Seat 8: Ober5tjohn ($59.85)Seat 9: Biztram ($47.10)Ober5tjohn posts the small blind of $0.25Biztram posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Biztram [5s 5c]phaReL foldsjamespage2 foldsJaeSungEeDa calls $0.50SQQTED foldsRedwalked raises to $2.50shirun foldsJedi4168 calls $2.50Ober5tjohn foldsBiztram calls $2JaeSungEeDa calls $2if you can't call a 2 dollar raise with a $47.00 dollar stack with a pocket pair why don't you just quit the game right now and invest your bankroll in 30 year low yield CD's.The odds of flopping a set is 12.5% (1 in 8) so if he hits he gets paid...pretty basic. The call is an investment in hitting a 1 to 8 shot....If he misses he can get away from his 5's and not even make a dent in his stack.....there is also a caller ahead of him which makes this even more of a no brainer. If there was no caller ahead of him there MIGHT be room for argument against the call...but he has great odds to call looking to spike here. If you fold a low pocket pair in this situation please stop playing poker immed
If you ever run for president, you have my vote.But yes i agree, With that 1 guy calling the raise, i had better odds to call , so id thought id just see a flop and if i don't hit, i get away cheap like you said.
Thats a damn lie trinity. I havent drank in a coons age.And I meant to say that the OP should have open folded the flop. That will mess with their minds.
im gettin drunk...does that matter to anyone?edit: i see this thread being gone very soon, it was fun while it lasted boys