Has anybody ever ran as good as Joe Tehan ran at this years Mandalay Bay PC?I'm watchin the WPT telecast now and its just amazing the hands this guy's. Getting.That Burt Boutan guy really annoys me too. Discuss.

he is getting hit by the deck pretty hard, but you have to give him credit with some of the steals he has made as well...........

Has anybody ever ran as good as Joe Tehan ran at this years Mandalay Bay PC?I'm watchin the WPT telecast now and its just amazing the hands this guy's. Getting.That Burt Boutan guy really annoys me too. Discuss.
yesDanny Nguyen ring a bell?

i'm a little perplexed at Tehan calling with the 89o.........was he not confident he could grind down Burt and thought he had to gamble to win? I know these shows are chopped up and you don't see close to all of it so maybe he was just ready to end it right there and get out of the joint......i would have gotten my money in a little better than that i think..........but hey, he won the pot........so who cares

Jimmy Fricks(sp) at the Aussie Millions this year? I have watched most of it on pokertube and that guy ran good.

i'm a little perplexed at Tehan calling with the 89o.........was he not confident he could grind down Burt and thought he had to gamble to win? I know these shows are chopped up and you don't see close to all of it so maybe he was just ready to end it right there and get out of the joint......i would have gotten my money in a little better than that i think..........but hey, he won the pot........so who cares
If he knew Burt's cards, it's a slightly -EV call. He needed 39% to make the call correct mathematically and he was only 36%. That said, I still think it's a pretty terrible call. Probably ranks up there with the guy that beat Kenna James for a WPT title with JTo ("I'm tired...I want to go to bed" or something along those lines).Just for the sake of curiosity, I ran 98o against Burt's likely range...he's definitely a dog and still slightly -EV.
equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	34.492%	  34.09% 	00.41% 		   2844982 		34252.50   { 98o }Hand 1: 	65.508%	  65.12% 	00.41% 		   5434134 		34254.50   { 22+, A8s+, KQs, ATo+, KQo }

Tehan definitely made the most of his cards and I thought he played well, but that last hand was totally ridiculous! Why in the world would you risk $400,000 in that situation? He's got $5mil to Burt's $3mil and he knew he was a dog going in. I don't get it.And yes, that Burt guy was extremely annoying. I couldn't have disagreed more with Sexton's comment of "He's fun to watch". There was nothing fun about the guy.

Burt needs to be b!tch slapped...he acted like a 15 year old kid who hasn't developed enough social skills to understand how stupid he looks.

I first met Joe a year ago, playing $2/$5 NL @ the Palms. I felted him in that cash game before I realized who he was. The next day, I played vs his sig-other in Event #1 WSOP 2006. Then, Joe came to Niagara Falls for the NAPC last October. A very nice guy and great player.[/brag]

I know you guys don't like Burt Boutin, but who else will give you that hilarious grunt, that "mmmwahhhhh...." in that A-2 hand? I think that was the highlight of the event. Good to see that Brad Booth can crush something else aside from the side games, i've never seen him at an FT before.

Oh, right...I forgot to mention that Booth played stellarly. He tried to make a couple of moves that didn't work out early, but his astounding reading ability showed later against Tehan.

I know you guys don't like Burt Boutin, but who else will give you that hilarious grunt, that "mmmwahhhhh...." in that A-2 hand? I think that was the highlight of the event. Good to see that Brad Booth can crush something else aside from the side games, i've never seen him at an FT before.
I thought it was funny after he did the grunt he had to ask the dealer if Tehan called. For some reason when watching Burt I kept thinking this has to be X-22's brother.
Oh, right...I forgot to mention that Booth played stellarly. He tried to make a couple of moves that didn't work out early, but his astounding reading ability showed later against Tehan.

I sat beside this guy at the WPT Niagara ME. He's a real prick. Grouchy as hell. I've never met a poker player that's so miserable. When I found out who he was I was surprised.

I sat beside this guy at the WPT Niagara ME. He's a real prick. Grouchy as hell. I've never met a poker player that's so miserable. When I found out who he was I was surprised.
you talking about Tehan????? or Burt?
For example, the hand that Booth held 22, the other player flopped two pair and bet a small amount on the flop, Booth raised, the other player reraised, and Booth had to fold. And then the rabbit cam showed that a deuce would have been dealt on the turn, giving Booth the better hand. Booth missed an opportunity to take all of the other player's chips.
I thought it was funny after he did the grunt he had to ask the dealer if Tehan called. For some reason when watching Burt I kept thinking this has to be X-22's brother.
My dad said the same thing. He watches enough poker but not that much and he said "Is that the quack quack guy?"Burt Boutin = Fackin Weirdo. I don't know many times I said "What a f'in weirdo", but it had to be in the double digits."RWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ::::FIST PUMP:::.......:soft voice: did he call?::::::