i still don't understand how ppl think it's only this guy on only ftp... gotta think that others are doing it on other sites
Well that is really why everyone is so upset I believe. No one really cares that this guy is beating 1/2 for 1.5/100 multitabling, it is the fact that if true, then the problem is already further along than people thought. That along with the (lack of) ethics of course.I'd bet the best bot programmer(s) at the moment are probably reading all this and laughing.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any word from FTP about this yet?
Yeah, I quoted FTP Doug's response in this thread on the last page I think it was. I didn't put it in quote tags, I just prefaced it.
Has there been any word from FTP about this yet?
First off, I want to apologize for the delay in responding. I probably should have popped in right away yesterday to mention that we were well aware of the issue. That's pretty much what I'm doing now. This kind of issue isn't anywhere near my area of expertise, and for that reason, Sean from Support should be giving some more detail from his point of view before the end of day today.Obviously for security reasons, I can't say much about our bot policies and detection methods. I can, however, say that we treat these issues very seriously and review our policies often. In fact, we had a meeting today involving all of our top decision makers in response to this case to re-evaluate these procedures. I also want to thank Trebek for his vigilance, and to nation, Brandon, and nlnut for telling their stories as well. It's been a very interesting thread and debate.Doug
i still don't understand how ppl think it's only this guy on only ftp... gotta think that others are doing it on other sites
I bet this happens more than people think. If Stars allowed datamining I bet people would uncover bots on that site as well.
I think the answer has to be no, and the reason is that for every advantage you achieve, at some point, you are going to suffer at the very least a proportionate disadvantage because of it. Sure you can blow 4 eight balls in a week and play non stop, but for most of the week after that you are going to be garbage and you probably won't be able to play at all, and if you do, then your patience/attention/tilt factor/overall equilibrium is going to be in the dumps.
QFT
Yeah, I quoted FTP Doug's response in this thread on the last page I think it was. I didn't put it in quote tags, I just prefaced it.
First off, I want to apologize for the delay in responding. I probably should have popped in right away yesterday to mention that we were well aware of the issue. That's pretty much what I'm doing now. This kind of issue isn't anywhere near my area of expertise, and for that reason, Sean from Support should be giving some more detail from his point of view before the end of day today.Obviously for security reasons, I can't say much about our bot policies and detection methods. I can, however, say that we treat these issues very seriously and review our policies often. In fact, we had a meeting today involving all of our top decision makers in response to this case to re-evaluate these procedures. I also want to thank Trebek for his vigilance, and to nation, Brandon, and nlnut for telling their stories as well. It's been a very interesting thread and debate.Doug
Thanks guys.Wait a minute, I click onto the thread, I ask a question that had been answered on the previous page, and I get two helpful responses. Where are the flames? I blatantly should have at least taken a glance at the last couple of pages before asking.What has happened to this forum? Damned hippies.
Thanks guys.Wait a minute, I click onto the thread, I ask a question that had been answered on the previous page, and I get two helpful responses. Where are the flames? I blatantly should have at least taken a glance at the last couple of pages before asking.What has happened to this forum? Damned hippies.
I can't wait for DHL to arrive on Monday is all I'll say. :club:
I can't wait for DHL to arrive on Monday is all I'll say. :club:
DHL is bringing me a new laptop Monday. What are you getting?Mark

Full Tilt's Response at 2+2========================================================================================================2+2,I’m sorry for the delay in posting to the bot thread. We felt it was very important to thoroughly review the investigation notes and findings again before commenting and I should have just posted a quick message to let you guys know we were looking into it.We were definitely aware of the importance of this situation and held a series of meetings to discuss our established policies as well as the terms of this specific case. While I am unable to discuss the specific details of the investigation, I will make some general comments.We take bots very seriously, and for obvious reasons cannot go into the details of our policies, procedures and detection methods. Our meetings served to further refine these policies and processes in general terms, and also with regards to this investigation specifically. Having said that, if Full Tilt Poker Security confirms the use of a bot by any player, all accounts involved would be permanently closed and all funds remaining in the accounts could be subject to seizure.After doing our due diligence in this case, we came to the following determinations:• During the investigation we found the evidence to be inconclusive in supporting either determination (human or bot).• After careful consideration, the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds and permanent account closure.• We stand by our decision. Having said that, re-opening an account after an investigation such as this one does not mean we have made an irreversible decision. We will continue to reevaluate this situation.It is our responsibility to ensure a level playing field for all of our players. As evidenced by this thread, some situations are not as clear cut as they first appear and require additional refinement of established policies and procedures. We are working on additional measures to detect any activity that compromises the integrity and fairness of our games; this is of paramount importance and will never be taken lightly.Sean

Full Tilt's Response at 2+2========================================================================================================2+2,I’m sorry for the delay in posting to the bot thread. We felt it was very important to thoroughly review the investigation notes and findings again before commenting and I should have just posted a quick message to let you guys know we were looking into it.We were definitely aware of the importance of this situation and held a series of meetings to discuss our established policies as well as the terms of this specific case. While I am unable to discuss the specific details of the investigation, I will make some general comments.We take bots very seriously, and for obvious reasons cannot go into the details of our policies, procedures and detection methods. Our meetings served to further refine these policies and processes in general terms, and also with regards to this investigation specifically. Having said that, if Full Tilt Poker Security confirms the use of a bot by any player, all accounts involved would be permanently closed and all funds remaining in the accounts could be subject to seizure.After doing our due diligence in this case, we came to the following determinations:• During the investigation we found the evidence to be inconclusive in supporting either determination (human or bot).• After careful consideration, the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds and permanent account closure.• We stand by our decision. Having said that, re-opening an account after an investigation such as this one does not mean we have made an irreversible decision. We will continue to reevaluate this situation.It is our responsibility to ensure a level playing field for all of our players. As evidenced by this thread, some situations are not as clear cut as they first appear and require additional refinement of established policies and procedures. We are working on additional measures to detect any activity that compromises the integrity and fairness of our games; this is of paramount importance and will never be taken lightly.Sean
BOTS 1 HUMANS 0 MWAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Anything happen today?
No, just a lot of rehashing, but there are some guys with masters in stats that have shown up. Surprised the thread has remained somewhat on point as it has.Wish I understood the math enough to understand their stats talk.
  • 2 weeks later...

One of these accounts is sitting next to me at a MTT. It's definitely not a bot, at least not right now; he is talking to me, and strongly denies being a bot!0_Drunkenboxer. edit: he just went out.

vbnautilus: hey drunkenboxer0_Drunkenboxer: yovbnautilus: so is it true you're a bot?0_Drunkenboxer: novbnautilus: lol0_Drunkenboxer: what's so funny? 0_Drunkenboxer: I'm not a bot. vbnautilus: if you are you have some damned good speech software0_Drunkenboxer: how is that even possiblevbnautilus: Im just teasin ya0_Drunkenboxer: you know how much trouble that whole LIE causedvbnautilus: I'm surevbnautilus: but you have to admit there was some fishy stuff0_Drunkenboxer: ya over 100K handsthen he busted out