Add Scott Fischman to that "other list" he's just a pure douchebag. He hates press members, or anyone standing within 20 feet of him when he's playing poker. He also can't take a beat as he gets animated and at times vulgar with his word choice.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. For what it's worth, I'd say the exact same thing about Phil Gordon.
Goes without saying. I've seen Phil acting like a ****** at the tables on numerous occasions, and this is on tv, so who knows how he acts when he's not being watched.
I say Ferguson over Barry. And as for the OP, Hoyt? Meh, not particularly, though he's not bad or anything. And as for Harry, nice guy, sure, and he might take a beat well, but then he goes and says something about it later. He's not on my list, sorry.
no need to apologize, just looking for everyone's opinion. I don't think i noticed DN's name on anyone's list either (edit: 1 person), kinda surprising just because of where we're posting, but interesting nonetheless. It's certainly not that DN isn't a classy guy, because he definitely is, he just doesn't hold himself with the same degree of class as some of the other top players in the game IMHO.

1. Barry Greenstein - took his loss with AA against Sammy's KK all-in preflop on HSP without a fuss. Just overall cool. (Did you see him kiss Shannon Elizabeth on the mouth on NBC heads-up? hehe)2. Allen Cunningham - just sort of humble and smiling all the time.3. Antonio Esfandiari - "wheeee!" "I can honestly say I've lost the biggest pot of my life." Although he does say "that's so sick" alot.

Some of the people mentioned (w/out naming names) as good guys, treat dealers and other staff people pretty bad... It's one thing to be nice when the cameras are on you, but it's how you act when no one is around to witness it that makes you a genuinely nice person.Heh, and in regards to the post that mentioned most older players are nice, I hope you never play with Bonetti because he will ruin that image for you. :club:

Some of the people mentioned (w/out naming names) as good guys, treat dealers and other staff people pretty bad... It's one thing to be nice when the cameras are on you, but it's how you act when no one is around to witness it that makes you a genuinely nice person.
Even if you are a d*ck, there's a lot to be said for putting your "best self" out there when the world is watching. If even a miserable jerk can come off well, then why the hell is it so hard for everybody else to pull it together for a few hours?
3. Antonio Esfandiari - "wheeee!" "I can honestly say I've lost the biggest pot of my life." Although he does say "that's so sick" alot.
Ooh, uh, yeah. I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.Remember that wave crap? He's an idiot.
Some of the people mentioned (w/out naming names) as good guys, treat dealers and other staff people pretty bad... It's one thing to be nice when the cameras are on you, but it's how you act when no one is around to witness it that makes you a genuinely nice person.Heh, and in regards to the post that mentioned most older players are nice, I hope you never play with Bonetti because he will ruin that image for you. :club:
I'll name a name...Todd Brunson...I saw a tournament where he yelled at the dealer.
I'll name a name...Todd Brunson...I saw a tournament where he yelled at the dealer.
Yes, but Todd wasn't mentioned before your post

As for those that mentioned Hachem, he seemed to not be dealing well with the added problems that come with being a world champ. He seemed to be taking it personally that people gunned for him, and was getting nasty towards some of the people at his tables. I'm basing this off of coverage that I saw from non-ME WSOP events.As far as classy players that nobody has mentioned? Mike Caro.

As for those that mentioned Hachem, he seemed to not be dealing well with the added problems that come with being a world champ. He seemed to be taking it personally that people gunned for him, and was getting nasty towards some of the people at his tables. I'm basing this off of coverage that I saw from non-ME WSOP events.As far as classy players that nobody has mentioned? Mike Caro.
Who is the chick licking the Stanley Cup? Looks like the cheerleader on the tv show Heroes. Bet she gives a good blow job. :club:
(TR1N1TY @ Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 1:49 PM) *I can't believe somebody remembered Marcel Luske
(doox @ Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 2:02 PM) *As far as classy authors that nobody has mentioned? Mike Caro.
Yep: both of them prove you can be entertaining without being a jerk. I'd love to see more of both of them on poker shows, videos, etc.
Who is the chick licking the Stanley Cup? Looks like the cheerleader on the tv show Heroes. Bet she gives a good blow job. :club:
Yes...she does.
Best at taking hits:DoyleBarryHarryHachemCloutierFarhaMortensonFerguson(most older pros really)Worst:HelmuthMikeySheiky
Hachem definitely should NOT be in the category of "best at taking beats." Ever since his ME win, every tourney he's on, he's bitching about how "unlucky" he is. I like the guy, but it's unreal how much he bitches about how unlucky he is. You were lucky enough to win the 2nd biggest score ever, take it and like it. I'm sure he got lucky plenty of times along the way. He also played well though. You can add Tony G to the "good at taking beats" list, but not the "classy" list though.
Kinda like a quote I read somewhere else, "A person isn't a nice person if he is nice to you while eating but rude to the waiter." Something like that.

how about Joe "IbitchwhenmydeucesgetoudrawnyetconstantlycallallinswithK9os" stillman?Maybe he'd be in the other category.I think one of the classiest players is Ivey. Add in Negreanu and Cunningham, I don't think I've EVER seen one of those players really get upset about a bad beat or a bad play that an opponent has made.

how about Joe "IbitchwhenmydeucesgetoudrawnyetconstantlycallallinswithK9os" stillman?Maybe he'd be in the other category.I think one of the classiest players is Ivey. Add in Negreanu and Cunningham, I don't think I've EVER seen one of those players really get upset about a bad beat or a bad play that an opponent has made.
Not that he got that upset, but I think one of the funnier Ivey moments was in the 04 (I believe) WSOP ME, where he flopped a set vs Freddy Deeb's KK, they got it all in, and Freddy turned a king. Freddy is all excited and Ivey got a bit pissy and tells him to relax. He seems to get over it pretty quick though.

I can't believe no one has mentioned yet:Chip ReeseErik SeidelThose two are the definition of class.Also, while he may not be as well known as most of the names being posted, Harley Hall is an extremely nice and classy guy.