Official (haha) Im High Thread

Ha, I was reading through the pokernews updates and found this:The Smell of ThingsOne table has a very strong odor of something familiar to many poker players, especially those that play in home games. We're not saying what it is, but it's pretty easy to guess.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a realllly good question. I'd say the Iraq war because more lives have been lost but they're both pretty useless.
I know you guys are all laid back and stuff and can miss things easily, but is no one even going to comment on this completely retarded post?"In 2003, a total of 28,723 persons died of drug-induced causes in the United States (Tables 21 and 22). The category 'drug-induced causes' includes not only deaths from dependent and nondependent use of drugs (legal and illegal use), but also poisoning from medically prescribed and other drugs. It excludes unintentional injuries, homicides, and other causes indirectly related to drug use. Also excluded are newborn deaths due to mother’s drug use."Of course many of these deaths were from legal or prescribed drugs, but were 85% of them from legal drug use? no. And this is just 2003. Illegal drugs and their use have cost hundreds of thousands of lives since the 60's. Is the war of drugs broken and in need of serious repair? yes. Should it be completely abandoned because we like weed? probably not.
I know you guys are all laid back and stuff and can miss things easily, but is no one even going to comment on this completely retarded post?"In 2003, a total of 28,723 persons died of drug-induced causes in the United States (Tables 21 and 22). The category 'drug-induced causes' includes not only deaths from dependent and nondependent use of drugs (legal and illegal use), but also poisoning from medically prescribed and other drugs. It excludes unintentional injuries, homicides, and other causes indirectly related to drug use. Also excluded are newborn deaths due to mother's drug use."
I think he was referring more to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs, not actual death totals of people using, victims of people using, etc etc. Plus, 28k a year seems awfully light w/out alcohol and tobacco related deaths. Shouldn't those be included in that number?
I think he was referring more to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs, not actual death totals of people using, victims of people using, etc etc. Plus, 28k a year seems awfully light w/out alcohol and tobacco related deaths. Shouldn't those be included in that number?
I was being nice.
I was being nice.
Well, that's awfully nice of you. :)Like I said, I don't think the OP meant what you are taking it as. That being said, there most likely has been more lives lost in the actual 'War on Drugs' then in Iraq, and if you take the sense of the phrase back to the 1880s, far more.

On a side note, this makes perfect sense to me:In his essay The Drug War and the Constitution,[45] Libertarian philosopher Paul Hager makes the case that the War on Drugs in the United States is an illegal form of prohibition, which violates the principles of a limited government embodied in the Constitution. Alcohol prohibition required amending the Constitution, because this was not a power granted to the federal government. Hager asserts if this is true, then marijuana prohibition should likewise require a Constitutional amendment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3479733Kevin Faulk gets probation for pot possession. Athletes and their bad example......
Not to name any names (cough, battle, cough, robinson, cough barlow) but I am quite confident that a few 49ers (or ex in one case) smoke. Robinson also has a bulldog like me, but I have no clue how I know any of this... :club:
Not to name any names (cough, battle, cough, robinson, cough barlow) but I am quite confident that a few 49ers (or ex in one case) smoke. Robinson also has a bulldog like me, but I have no clue how I know any of this... :club:
Jeff Weaver was notorious for smoking pot on team flights.....
Jeff Weaver was notorious for smoking pot on team flights.....
Ha, that fits. I probably don't have to mention how much that guy annoyed me when he was on the Dodgers, but I will anyway. :club: I had a buddy who worked security for the Warriors locker room back in the late 90s, and he talked about how obviously high guys were when they got to the arena every day. I can't remember now who he said was the most obvious though, it was an older big man...blah, I'd have to look at the rosters and that seems like too much work.I've mentioned this before in gen pop, but Hoyt Corkins smokes too, I've heard a couple of amusing stories about him and friends. Something humorous about someone like Hoyt saying something like 'Hey, you think we could smoke some more man?' in his slow southern drawl.
Ha, that fits. I probably don't have to mention how much that guy annoyed me when he was on the Dodgers, but I will anyway. :club: I had a buddy who worked security for the Warriors locker room back in the late 90s, and he talked about how obviously high guys were when they got to the arena every day. I can't remember now who he said was the most obvious though, it was an older big man...blah, I'd have to look at the rosters and that seems like too much work.I've mentioned this before in gen pop, but Hoyt Corkins smokes too, I've heard a couple of amusing stories about him and friends. Something humorous about someone like Hoyt saying something like 'Hey, you think we could smoke some more man?' in his slow southern drawl.
now thats a name drop. Hoyt Corkins would NOT be high on my list of people who I suspected are closet ganja lovers.
now thats a name drop. Hoyt Corkins would NOT be high on my list of people who I suspected are closet ganja lovers.
LOL, I know, that's why it's funny to me. Now you know why he is always so relaxed. :club:
I had a buddy who worked security for the Warriors locker room back in the late 90s, and he talked about how obviously high guys were when they got to the arena every day. I can't remember now who he said was the most obvious though, it was an older big man...blah, I'd have to look at the rosters and that seems like too much work.
Kevin Willis? Wait, he might have been smoking something else!Corey Blount? He has the perfect name.
Kevin Willis? Wait, he might have been smoking something else!Corey Blount? He has the perfect name.
Ha.Looking at the rosters from like 97-01, I'm still unsure, but I think it was either Terry Cummings or Felton Spencer. Spencer could be the guy, but for some reason I was picturing someone older and bigger.EDIT: Actually, looking at the 95-96 roster, Kevin Willis _was_ on the team and that seems right to me lol....
Hey allIt looks like I will have to live vicariously through my fellow fcp smokers from now on. I have made a personal decision to quit smoking for a myriad of reasons. I quit on July 4th...Independance Day...figure it was appropriate!I will miss the ganja, but hopefully other aspects of my life will improve.
quitters never win. seriously, good luck. I am waiting until I am ready to have kids to quit......that should give me a couple years.
Hey allIt looks like I will have to live vicariously through my fellow fcp smokers from now on. I have made a personal decision to quit smoking for a myriad of reasons. I quit on July 4th...Independance Day...figure it was appropriate!I will miss the ganja, but hopefully other aspects of my life will improve.
GLI quit for 3 weeks just to show myself I could. Once I was satisfied that I could quit, I started smoking again.I'm with Cranebrain, I'll quit when I have a family. I might as well live it up when I'm young.
Rehab is for quitters...
FYP!!!Yeah, actually my son turning 7 in September is a HUUUUUUGE motivating factor. I think he is finally at the age where I can't really hide it anymore. I mean...he knows I smoke...he just doesn't know WHAT I smoke. So...Figure it's a good time to finally kick the habit. Other than the normal withdrawl symptoms...lack of appetite...diahrea...bad sleep patterns, it's going very well. I have a ton of motivation so hopefully it all works out. It's corny, but I simply set a goal every day...dont smoke today. So far I have made it every day and that's all I can do.
yeah if you have a kid I think it is "high" time you phase it out of your life. Then, when you retire, enjoy your old age.MORE ATHLETES IN DRUG TROUBLE ALERT:Jags WR Matt Jones faces felony cocaine charge: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481361

Have a retarded question, figure here is the place to post.I'm a man who is all about extracting every dollar of value you can from everything. I'm probably just cheap, but who knows. Anyways, when I smoke with others (my weed, like 100% of the time), theyll often pass it to me and say its cashed. I prove them wrong by just lighting it longer and can usually get 2-3 more good hits out of it. But how good are these hits? When the bowl is nearly cashed, when's a good time to stop? It seems like I might just be smoking smoke with no THC after long enough.

Have a retarded question, figure here is the place to post.I'm a man who is all about extracting every dollar of value you can from everything. I'm probably just cheap, but who knows. Anyways, when I smoke with others (my weed, like 100% of the time), theyll often pass it to me and say its cashed. I prove them wrong by just lighting it longer and can usually get 2-3 more good hits out of it. But how good are these hits? When the bowl is nearly cashed, when's a good time to stop? It seems like I might just be smoking smoke with no THC after long enough.
When it is all ash then it is cashed. If there are still chunks then you can keep blazing. But if there is only ash and you are still getting some resin hits, then you need to clean your screen and bowl because of all the resin. I don't like to waste any either but there is nothing wrong with the last couple hits, it just adds to the pleasure of the moment.
yeah if you have a kid I think it is "high" time you phase it out of your life. Then, when you retire, enjoy your old age.MORE ATHLETES IN DRUG TROUBLE ALERT:Jags WR Matt Jones faces felony cocaine charge: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481361
I knew there was a reason I purchased his jersey coming out of college.
echoing CBass----you are probably getting resin hits. Resin is powerful...but imo it really takes a toll on the old lungs. Unless your pot habit really puts a crimp in your budget, just clean your pipe/bong/coke can better and pack a fresh one.better yet switch to a vaporizer.
echoing CBass----you are probably getting resin hits. Resin is powerful...but imo it really takes a toll on the old lungs. Unless your pot habit really puts a crimp in your budget, just clean your pipe/bong/coke can better and pack a fresh one.better yet switch to a vaporizer.
Ewww resin...http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=12430I forgot about Brad, he was someone else I knew for sure smoked because of someone close to me that has had dealings with him up north. I'm assuming that is what he's been suspended for.