Ottawa Senators Playoff Thread

Win #1 - April 11, 2007Pittsburgh 3Senators 61st star - #11 Daniel AlfredssonGWG - #15 Dany HeatleyWin #2 - April 15, 2007Senators 4Pittsburgh 21st star - #11 Daniel AlfredssonGWG - #11 Daniel AlfredssonWin #3 - April 17, 2007Senators 2Pittsburgh 11st star - #24 Anton VolchenkovGWG - #24 Anton VolchenkovWin #4 - April 19, 2007Pittsburgh 0Senators 31st star - #1 Ray EmeryGWG - #15 Dany HeatleyWin #5 - April 26, 2007Senators 5New Jersey 41st star - #19 Jason SpezzaGWG - #6 Wade ReddenWin #6 - April 30, 2007New Jersey 0Senators 21st star - #1 Ray EmeryGWG - #42 Tom PriessingWin #7 - May 2, 2007New Jersey 2Senators 31st star - #15 Dany HeatleyGWG - #12 Mike FisherWin #8 - May 5, 2007New Jersey 2Senators 31st star - #11 Daniel AlfredssonGWG - #11 Daniel AlfredssonWin #9 - May 10, 2007Senators 5Buffalo 21st star - #19 Jason SpezzaGWG - #61 Oleg SaprykinWin #10 - May 12, 2007Senators 4Buffalo 31st star - #19 Jason SpezzaGWG - #7 Joe CorvoWin #11 - May 14, 2007Buffalo 0Senators 11st star - #11 Daniel AlfredssonGWG - #11 Daniel AlfredssonWin #12 - May 19, 2007Senators 3Buffalo 21st star - #11 Daniel AlfredssonGWG - #11 Daniel AlfredssonWin #13 - June 2, 2007Anaheim 3Senators 51st star - #24 Anton VolchenkovGWG - #37 Dean McAmmondWin #14AnaheimSenators1st star - GWG - Win #15SenatorsAnaheim1st star - GWG - Win #16AnaheimSenators1st star - GWG -

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright gents, here it is...the long overdue Sens thread !!!The schedule for the first two games is released...on the Devils website ??? Game 1 goes Thursday night. I've heard rumblings that Lou had some sort of influence to change the schedule because the NHL wanted the series to start on Tuesday and he wanted his boys to get some extra rest. Well, I knew Bettman had no balls, so I'm not surprised that Lou could be the de facto commish in this league.The Continental Airlines Arena is booked for a Stars on Ice show at 3PM on Saturday and Game 2 goes at 8PM Saturday night. Apparently ice conditions are considerably different for figure skating than hockey so we can expect awful ice for game 2...that bites, we have a much quicker and skilled team, that plays into the Devils' defensive style imo.GO SENS GO !!!

how unsurprising - there isn't even a sens thread until they've already won a playoff series. say what you want about homer leaf fans, its better than being bandwagoners.*not saying you are a bandwagoner, just that sens fans in general seem to be.

*not saying you are a bandwagoner, just that sens fans in general seem to be.
I am definitely NOT a bandwagoner.Bandwagoners suck.
Finally, you guys won't be using "our" thread!! :club:
I was THIS close to making a new thread titled "The official Ottawa Senators thread" around when themainevent started his shit. I imagine the bandwagon statement was more towards him, as he only popped in here when the Sens were halfway through the 1st round or so.
how unsurprising - there isn't even a sens thread until they've already won a playoff series. say what you want about homer leaf fans, its better than being bandwagoners.*not saying you are a bandwagoner, just that sens fans in general seem to be.
Right.. or maybe because there's only like 2 Sens fans regulars on this forum. Dumbass.

Nobody reads what I write...when you double your fan base in this forum only when the Sens take the lead in the first round playoffs, yeah - that's significant. And to be honest, I don't remember Silver posting much before a month ago, so that might add to the visual. i'm not implying he's a "wagoner," though.

LOL the man has a point...
Nobody reads what I write...when you double your fan base in this forum only when the Sens take the lead in the first round playoffs, yeah - that's significant. And to be honest, I don't remember Silver posting much before a month ago, so that might add to the visual. i'm not implying he's a "wagoner," though.
I was more of a lurker for a while there, you guys can be sort of an intimidating bunch for a newbie outsider :club: This is very much a Leafs dominated board, so I didn't feel like having Serge in my face flaming everything I posted about the Sens.
I was more of a lurker for a while there, you guys can be sort of an intimidating bunch for a newbie outsider :club: This is very much a Leafs dominated board, so I didn't feel like having Serge in my face flaming everything I posted about the Sens.
I think it's more Pens dominated than Leafs dominated, unless serge's aura is THAT big. :D
I think it's more Pens dominated than Leafs dominated, unless serge's aura is THAT big. :club:
Yeah, ok, maybe for the last few weeks now that the Leafs are out of the playoffs.I guess my comment was more because of DN being a Leafs fan and Serge having been an elephant in this forum for most of the AHL season.
so I didn't feel like having Serge in my face flaming everything I posted about the Sens.
If you can't send serge off in at least one 'IM NEVER EVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN' tantrum, you're really not much of a sens fan...... :Dserge
One can't win with all you muppets, can we? If this thread has started during the regular season you'd all fill the thread with "wait for the playoffs" crap.
which would make the present so much sweeter...no?
If you can't send serge off in at least one 'IM NEVER EVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN' tantrum, you're really not much of a sens fan...... :Dserge
The sens will choke as usual....We maybe be waiting 40 years for a cup , but the sens will never ever ever win one...The old sens dont count...LETS GO DEVILS
The sens will choke as usual....We maybe be waiting 40 years for a cup , but the sens will never ever ever win one...The old sens dont count...LETS GO DEVILS
I dunno...at the beginning I did pick the Devils and Sabre to make it out of the East but it's close. The Sens were my 5th team (although Rangers may make me look bad)...this is a good squad.
which would make the present so much sweeter...no?
The Sens' playoff Kryptonite has always been a hot goaltender. For me the playoffs start for real on Thursday (no offense to Fleury & Penguins).

Seems like it was pretty quiet around here yesterday night...only 2 posts in DM's thread during the game ???I was out at a bar to watch the game with some friends. I was so annoyed because this tavern where we went had illegally split their cable so the digital box on the big screen TV couldn't get a signal on either CBC, TSN or Sportsnet. I had to watch the game in french on RDS with those stupid commentators. The drunker I got, the more annoyed I was with every dumb comment they made. By the end of the game, I was just about to throw a chair at the TV. Last time I'm going to watch a game there...Great start to the game, I was just ecstatic going up 4-0, 4 shots high glove on Brodeur !!! But those Devils sure can play defense and from Heatley's goal on, I thought the Sens started losing confindence in their game. It seemed like guys were rushing their plays, even when they did have some extra time and space to work with. I was getting pretty scared for a while there, it was looking like the playoff Senators circa 1998-2002. But hey, we shut it down in the third, it made for a brutally boring period, but we were able to pick up win #5, that's all that counts.