Looking For Feedback On Home Game

My groups regular cash game is a 1:1 rotation of NL Hold'em and Pot Limit Omaha 8. We play with $1-$2 blinds and the buy in is $100-$200. Players may come and go as they please cashing out at anytime and buying in as often as their bank roll will allow.One of our players would like to host a game with with a slightly different twist. I thought the format was simple, but since throwing the idea out there to the group we have gotten a lot of suggestions that I think are over complicating things.The idea is to have 10 players play our normal game. 1:1, $1-$2 blinds, $200 buy in. The difference being, if you bust out you may not rebuy. The game continues until someone has all the chips on the table, or there is a unanimous deal made with the remaining players.We know this game will last a long time. That's the point, for this to be a marathon session. Here is some of the things people have brought up. Raising the blinds. - We don't want that, we want the game to remain constant. If we rasie the blinds we should just call it a tournament and be done with it.Extended time away from the table. - Can a player leave for 3 hours and just be blinded off? I don't like the idea of this. Someone could win a monster pot early and just leave for several hours. Lose minimal chips posting their blinds and taking a big chunk of the chips out of action.Any suggestions for keeping this simple or countering some of these points would be appreciated.

My groups regular cash game is a 1:1 rotation of NL Hold'em and Pot Limit Omaha 8. We play with $1-$2 blinds and the buy in is $100-$200. Players may come and go as they please cashing out at anytime and buying in as often as their bank roll will allow.
Your first mistake is playing PLO8 - the stupidest game on the planet. I stopped reading after that.

This IS a tourney but just keeping the same blind levels the entire time, it'll take 3 days to finish this sounds very lame.

This IS a tourney but just keeping the same blind levels the entire time, it'll take 3 days to finish this sounds very lame.

umm...yeah, u just listed the difference between a cash game and freezeout tournament. PLO8 is in internet game it's sooooo silly playing live. just play PLO or O8.

So you are playing a tourney with no blind raises? Great idea, and a lot of fun...if you have 4 days to finish it up.
Yes, a freeze out tournament with no blind raises.The idea is for it to be a marathon game. Not 4 days, but definitely a long time. The proposed start time is 12 noon on a Saturday. We usually start our regular games at 7 pm and the run until 4 or 5 am.We're just trying to do something different. Host call that nights game which could be Hold'em, Razz, Stud, Omaha, or a mix. Some nights we play Limit, NL, or PL. Maybe we should consider a blind raise after half the table has been eliminated.

My suggestion is to have 2 tables:1) a tournament (holdem, PLO8, mixed, whatever u want) with blinds that DO GO UP, but you can have them go up on a slow structure so there is a lot of play.2) a second table so that when enough people bust out of the tourney they can start a cash game on the side. And as more people bust out of the tourney they can join the cash game.Brilliant!!!

My suggestion is to have 2 tables:1) a tournament (holdem, PLO8, mixed, whatever u want) with blinds that DO GO UP, but you can have them go up on a slow structure so there is a lot of play.2) a second table so that when enough people bust out of the tourney they can start a cash game on the side. And as more people bust out of the tourney they can join the cash game.Brilliant!!!
We are planning on having a second table. For people that don't want to play in the marathon game, can't commit to the time, or bust out.
We are planning on having a second table. For people that don't want to play in the marathon game, can't commit to the time, or bust out.
The marathon idea is just plain bad. That sounds like hell to me. No offense.
The marathon idea is just plain bad. That sounds like hell to me. No offense.
I understand some people will not like the idea. It's going to be a grind. This game will be about patience and mental stamina which aren't some players strong points.

If you are going to have a tourney with a static blind structure and 200 max buy in, set the blinds at 10 and 20 not 1 and 2. You want a marathon play the internet for 24hrs straight on just coffee with no pee breaks.

I like the idea of a marathon cash game. But I understand why people who aren't in college may not like the idea. I also like the idea of PLo8. It is a very complicated game which is much more complicated than just waiting for aces and kings

$200 with $1-2 blinds is NOT a marathon people. that game could easily be over in a few hours.EDIT: also, if you decide to increase blinds do it by time and not eliminations. the elimination method is so newb styles. the blinds increase for the purpose of forcing elimination situations, not the other way around.

I like the idea of a marathon cash game. But I understand why people who aren't in college may not like the idea. I also like the idea of PLo8. It is a very complicated game which is much more complicated than just waiting for aces and kings
Yah, that's what holdem is all about and pottery of course.
My groups regular cash game is a 1:1 rotation of NL Hold'em and Pot Limit Omaha 8. We play with $1-$2 blinds and the buy in is $100-$200. Players may come and go as they please cashing out at anytime and buying in as often as their bank roll will allow.One of our players would like to host a game with with a slightly different twist. I thought the format was simple, but since throwing the idea out there to the group we have gotten a lot of suggestions that I think are over complicating things.The idea is to have 10 players play our normal game. 1:1, $1-$2 blinds, $200 buy in. The difference being, if you bust out you may not rebuy. The game continues until someone has all the chips on the table, or there is a unanimous deal made with the remaining players.We know this game will last a long time. That's the point, for this to be a marathon session. Here is some of the things people have brought up. Raising the blinds. - We don't want that, we want the game to remain constant. If we rasie the blinds we should just call it a tournament and be done with it.Extended time away from the table. - Can a player leave for 3 hours and just be blinded off? I don't like the idea of this. Someone could win a monster pot early and just leave for several hours. Lose minimal chips posting their blinds and taking a big chunk of the chips out of action.Any suggestions for keeping this simple or countering some of these points would be appreciated.
If you want a marathon game with minimal reward, I guess this is one way to do it.