• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true enough, i was esentially trying to make villian lay down a hand that could possibly beat me, but of course i didnt know EXACTLY what he had. so in what situations do you try and make someone lay down a hand that currently has you beat on a dangerous board?If you were vilian, would you have called my raise on turn with ducks? like was it a stupid move on his part as well as mine, or was i the lonely idiot in this hand?
big bluffs are overratedyes, he made a horrible call with 22. But that's exactly why you don't bluff a player just because you feel like it. You've got to have a read that he can lay down a hand, and preferably in a spot where being wrong doesn't cost you a full buyin

when bluffing it's also good to think about what hand you're pretending to have. You raise, he calls and leads out on a j high board. You flat call. To me, this means you don't have aj, you'd probably raise. Can't really say qq kk, you'd probably raise, even AA but maybe you're trapping. So you have jjj or air most likely.Now the turn hits: JSo, he bets and now you raise?? What hand does that make sense with? You waited till you're beat by trips to raise your overpair or you just raised quads for no reason.Your line doesn't make sense. He's a donk too. But again, try and figure out when a bluff makes sense.