An Atlanta Braves Thread

awesome win last nighthuuuuge day today off the field!Glavine released.......we get McClouth.........and Tommy Hanson making his debut Saturday....
sad to see glavine being released but awesome trade for McClouth.
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For the fourth year in a row, June continues to be an epic fail.
2006: 6-212007: 13-152008: 11-162009: 10-15 (with one game remaining)Every year we were either at or above .500 beginning June 1. Makes it pretty tough to recover and make a run.
  • 2 weeks later...
damn Philly needs to slow down.......damn it
Of course the winning streak couldn't last too long.....here is to starting another one in Milwaukee!BTW...helluva catch D Wise, and great job Buehrle! Unbelievable!
nice series win in Milwaukee.......big series with the Marlins starting Tues.......lets do thisssssssssssssss
I would like to start a showwwwwwwdown marlins v. braves war......but I think the Phillies have run away and hid for good. at least they dont have Halladay (yet).Wild card is still open.
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to start a showwwwwwwdown marlins v. braves war......but I think the Phillies have run away and hid for good. at least they dont have Halladay (yet).Wild card is still open.
Honestly, I would love this, but after the Cliff Lee acquisition....I really don't believe that is possible...
boooom great win today, ty Lidge
Just got back from the game a couple of hours ago. Wheeeeee. Only the second time I've attended a walk-off. Went with a Phillies fan, so that was fun. She kept saying how their bullpen was shaky but that they had "Lights Out" Lidge in the 9th. From what I saw, the 7th and 8th inning guys were solid. Lidge's stats are pretty LOL: 0-5, 7.27 ERA, and 8 blown saves in 30 opportunities.
Just got back from the game a couple of hours ago. Wheeeeee. Only the second time I've attended a walk-off. Went with a Phillies fan, so that was fun. She kept saying how their bullpen was shaky but that they had "Lights Out" Lidge in the 9th. From what I saw, the 7th and 8th inning guys were solid. Lidge's stats are pretty LOL: 0-5, 7.27 ERA, and 8 blown saves in 30 opportunities.
Hope yesterday stays in his head. We've got great momentum now. Seems to be a swagger in the dugout that has been missing for the past few years. Any thoughts on what might happen to Smoltz?
Hope yesterday stays in his head. We've got great momentum now. Seems to be a swagger in the dugout that has been missing for the past few years. Any thoughts on what might happen to Smoltz?
Smoltz will not be back in ATL with Huddy coming back. I love having Roachy back, considering we need power, not another average hitter (Kotchman). Every series is almost a must win from now on...
  • 1 month later...
2.5 back from the WC with 8 to play. One more in Washington, than Florida x 3 and Washington x 4 at home to end it. Going 6-2 gets us to 90 wins and an outside chance.
Rockies finish in LA but it looks like we will clinch by then so it will probably be a healthy dose of Mark Loretta, Juan Castro, Brad Ausmus, etc.I would have much rather it been the Marlins that had a decent chance though, mainly because I think the Braves could beat the Dodgers. I'd rather play them over STL or PHI (which we will unless the Rockies choke), but I was very impressed with the Braves when they played the Dodgers. GLGL, f the Rockies and Jim Tracy.