An Atlanta Braves Thread

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

Fuck the fucking Braves.
They have to be one of the most frustrating teams in baseball to watch. I mean I have never seen such offensive futility with men in scoring position. With all that being said, Omar Infante needs to be playing most every game. The Braves are a better team when he is in the lineup. Really need a sweep today, but of course Derek Lowe is on the mound so I am not expecting it....

Up 6-4 tonight. If we can hold on tonight and win tomorrow, then take 2 from Philly, it'll be a succesful road trip.Unfortunately, Jurrjens is on the DL now until at least next Friday. On the plus side, Medlen should be able to hold his own filling in for him, and they called up Craig Kimbrel to the majors. I can't wait to see this kid in action.

within a month from pure excitement to pure disappointment. Just sucks to have the weapons but just can't put it together.
Really need to keep the momentum going on this 7 game homestand. D'Backs, Mets and Cincy coming in. The Braves really need a run right now and not fall too far behind in the division and the wild card.I really don't like that JJ reinjured his hammy running sprints in the outfield. The Braves have to have him in the rotation to have a chance at a postseason run.
holy crap what a crazy game.
Unfreakingbelievable! I watched the game last night when I got home from work. The resolve that this team has is so great to see. I haven't seen a Braves team in a while that believes they can win the game until the last out is made. Need to take advantage of having 5 against Pittsburgh in the next week and a half. Let's keep this momentum rolling!

7-0 win tonight. Huddy looked great, Heyward was Heyward, McCann is getting hot, Chipper is looking better both at the plate and in the field, and Escobar hit the ball hard a few times with nothing to show for it.The Braves now own second place in the NL East, and should be able to close the gap with the Phillies soon. The next 11 games are 5 Pirates, 3 Marlins, and 3 Phillies in Atlanta. After that, the next 11 ar eon the road in LA, Arizona, and Minnesota.

Big series with Florida coming up. Man Esky needs to get going badly. I really want to see Infante in the lineup, but I think that the defensive dropoff at short might be too great to do that.

Big series with Florida coming up. Man Esky needs to get going badly. I really want to see Infante in the lineup, but I think that the defensive dropoff at short might be too great to do that.
Again, Escobar hit the ball well a few times last night, but he's still trying to force the action.The Braves squandered too many chances last night, and still would have had a shot had Bobby not left Jesse F'ing Chavez in to pitch another inning.Here's to getting it turned around tonight and taking 2/3 from the fishies.
Again, Escobar hit the ball well a few times last night, but he's still trying to force the action.The Braves squandered too many chances last night, and still would have had a shot had Bobby not left Jesse F'ing Chavez in to pitch another inning.Here's to getting it turned around tonight and taking 2/3 from the fishies.
Yeah, Chavez really shouldn't see the mound except in blowouts. He has been bad all season (with the exception of the Cincy comeback) and even all the way back to spring training. Didn't quite understand the logic in bringing him in in a 1 run game especially when Moylan hadn't thrown for a couple of days. Let's see if we can take the next 2 of the series with Hanson and Huddy on the mound.

Braves up 7-1 in the 6th at home vs. Pittsburgh. The Philth won tonight, so we should keep pace and stay 2.5 out. We need to take 4 of the next 5 at home starting tomorrow and take a 1.5 game leaded minimum on this nasty upcoming road trip.

Braves up 7-1 in the 6th at home vs. Pittsburgh. The Philth won tonight, so we should keep pace and stay 2.5 out. We need to take 4 of the next 5 at home starting tomorrow and take a 1.5 game leaded minimum on this nasty upcoming road trip.
Even better we were only 1.5 out starting the night. It would be nice to get within .5 a game of the Phils before they come into town next. I would love to have a shot at 1st when they come in.
Even better we were only 1.5 out starting the night. It would be nice to get within .5 a game of the Phils before they come into town next. I would love to have a shot at 1st when they come in.
I stand corrected. Either way, we really have to take advantage of these next 5 games.
Done and done. The boys didn't let up today and Tommy Hanson looked like he's getting into a groove now. With Huddy and Lowe going in the next two, I wouldn't be surprised to win at least 2/3 this series.
Going to the game tonight. Should be a good one with Huddy against Hamels.
so did you end up staying even though they had the rain delay? Damn the team is really coming together well.
so did you end up staying even though they had the rain delay? Damn the team is really coming together well.
I did indeed, and was extremely tired going to work this morning.It is extra sweet to sweep the Phils even if they are in a massive slump right now. 8 game winning streak is the longest since '03. Very tough 11 game road trip coming up, I will be happy if we end up over .500 for the trip.
Going to the game tonight. Should be a good one with Huddy against Hamels.
Damn. Wish I'd checked beforehand - I ended up going to that game. Was quite fun.Oh, and...Bink.

meh we had to lose at some point right? with Hanson/Huddy next two games I think we split at worst for teh series........which isnt badman I love watching this team