An Atlanta Braves Thread

downgrade on offense onlyTex is a very good defensive 1B, but Kotchman has a better glove and will probably win his share of gold gloves
Absolutely no way you can say Kotch is better than Tex defensively. Tex is the best defensive 1B I have seen besides maybe D Lee...they are def comparable, not better imho...
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

Huddy out for at least a year with torn UCL needing Tommy John. When I envisioned worst case scenario at the start of the season, it was nothing near this bad...have never seen more injuries/bad luck than this team has had. Wowowow.....have to get a frontline starter via free agency/trade for next season now.

Huddy out for at least a year with torn UCL needing Tommy John.
Didn't they say that he's going to try to play through it for the rest of the season? That seems a little crazy...but I guess if it's torn and needs to be replaced anyway, it won't kill him to tear it more. =PAlso, I've considered spontaneously going to a game the past few days since I just moved to Atlanta. In hindsight, I'm rather glad I have not. My list of most disliked NL teams: Cardinals, Phillies, Mets. Obviously, I am not happy about this series.
Didn't they say that he's going to try to play through it for the rest of the season? That seems a little crazy...but I guess if it's torn and needs to be replaced anyway, it won't kill him to tear it more. =PAlso, I've considered spontaneously going to a game the past few days since I just moved to Atlanta. In hindsight, I'm rather glad I have not. My list of most disliked NL teams: Cardinals, Phillies, Mets. Obviously, I am not happy about this series.
I have just been giving my tickets away for most of the games lately. It really is painful to watch this team right now with the way we're playing. Boyer can't get an out to save his life.Here is the link to the article in the AJC on Huddy...http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/b...on_surgery.html
Huddy out for at least a year with torn UCL needing Tommy John. When I envisioned worst case scenario at the start of the season, it was nothing near this bad...have never seen more injuries/bad luck than this team has had. Wowowow.....have to get a frontline starter via free agency/trade for next season now.
With Liberty Media supposedly opening up the checkbook wider and the big salaries coming off the books from this year (Hampton, Tex, possibly Glavine and Smoltz), I would think that the Braves have already decided to make a run at a big starter via FA.
Cobalt...live in Vinings....Hope you have a great time in ATL first time!...Let me know how you think it is here, besides Braves...
Cobalt...live in Vinings....Hope you have a great time in ATL first time!...Let me know how you think it is here, besides Braves...
Sorry done playing for a while.......been dipping sir. Sorry, been great after work...Absolutely great for Tex...call me if you want to play some softball...let me know how ATL is? How is your first week in ATL?
Sorry done playing for a while.......been dipping sir. Sorry, been great after work...Absolutely great for Tex...call me if you want to play some softball...let me know how ATL is? How is your first week in ATL?
Honestly in ATL we live in a diff place...hope you have learned and enjoyed everything that has been brought about you sir!...Cobalt , what do think about ATL??? Haven't been here that long sir???
Yeah, I'm actually renting an apartment in Vinings. I really like the area. Got here last week and should be here for at least a year. I grew up in Chattanooga and spent a lot of time in Auburn, so I've been around the region a lot. I'm not sure I'm going to like dealing with the traffic. Fiancee will be here in a week.
Yeah, I'm actually renting an apartment in Vinings. I really like the area. Got here last week and should be here for at least a year. I grew up in Chattanooga and spent a lot of time in Auburn, so I've been around the region a lot. I'm not sure I'm going to like dealing with the traffic. Fiancee will be here in a week.
Traffic is really bad around here...hopefully you don't get caught by a train....It's a nice place though, and you're near both highways...Chuckie is the worst pitcher I have ever seen...
Traffic is really bad around here...hopefully you don't get caught by a train....It's a nice place though, and you're near both highways...
I've mostly been coming through Vinings when coming from south on 285 and then taking the Cumberland Mall exit when coming from north. I'm right around where Paces Mill runs into Northside Parkway.Thank goodness:http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article...sp&c_id=atl
I've mostly been coming through Vinings when coming from south on 285 and then taking the Cumberland Mall exit when coming from north. I'm right around where Paces Mill runs into Northside Parkway.Thank goodness:http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article...sp&c_id=atl
Of course when we get good news worse news seems to follow.Skip and Pete were what we watched the Braves for when we were so bad before the run. They were about the only duo that could make it fun to watch such a bad team. I and everyone else will sorely miss Skip doing Braves games. The last few years I have muted the TV just to listen to Skip and Pete on the radio when they did the games. RIP Skip...I'm glad you're in a better place now.
Of course when we get good news worse news seems to follow.Skip and Pete were what we watched the Braves for when we were so bad before the run. They were about the only duo that could make it fun to watch such a bad team. I and everyone else will sorely miss Skip doing Braves games. The last few years I have muted the TV just to listen to Skip and Pete on the radio when they did the games. RIP Skip...I'm glad you're in a better place now.
QFT. Skip was, by far, one of the best I've ever heard call a game for any sport at any level.

Stopped by the thread as soon as I heard the news. RIP Skip. I grew up watching the Braves, and you will be sorely missed.

On the way to work Monday evening, I was able to listen to the final few minutes of a Skip Caray tribute on 750am (even though I’m in Louisiana). I must admit I choked back a few tears. I remember the Braves’ bad years in the late 70’s and 80’s. Even in the dismal days of late summer, when the team had no hope of contention, I‘d watch the game and enjoy Skip’s commentary – witty, sarcastic, and always entertaining.Whenever I hear Skip’s name, his call of the 1992 NLCS rings through my head… “BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN!”I was lucky enough to be at that game. It was without a doubt the most exciting moment in sports that I will ever witness live.For those who don’t remember that game 7, the Braves were down 2-1, 2 outs, with bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th. Francisco Cabrera was at the plate (for his 11th at-bat of the season), with Sid Bream (possibly the slowest runner in MLB) on second. Cabrera got a hit to left field, and Bream narrowly beat the throw by the Pirates left fielder Barry somebody ( :club: )Here’s a recap of that game: Game 7 1992 NLCSTo hear Skip’s call from that game go to the link on this page:Skip Caray WGST PageI watched the game from the upper level in left field. I was also an amateur photographer, and witnessed the final play through my camera lens. Of course that was before we all had digital cameras, so I had to wait a couple of days to see if the shots were any good.Here are a couple of pictures that I had framed:DSC01615.jpgSkip: "What Tension. The runners lead. A lot of room in right center. If he hits one there, we can dance in the streets. The 2-1...Swung, line drive, left field! One run is in! Here comes Bream! Here’s the throw to the plate! He is...SAFE! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! Braves win!..." DSC01616.jpg"...They may have to hospitalize Sid Bream. He’s down at the bottom of a huge pile at the plate! They help him to his feet. Frank Cabrera got the game-winner! The Atlanta Braves are National League Champions again! This crowd has gone berserk!"I remember using a magnifying glass to study every fan in each of the photos. Ted, Jane, Jimmy, and Rosalyn are in the owners box. The anticipation and reaction of the fans is priceless. Grown men hugging, etc...The place went nuts for what seemed like forever. And yes, Skip, we danced in the streets that night.Great times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
*sarcastic clap*
Cobalt, sorry we never attended a game since you've been in Atl...I have given up my season ticks since I have gotten my new job..I know that we are terrible right now, but I am going to try and make a couple of the games this week or next week...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cobalt, sorry we never attended a game since you've been in Atl...I have given up my season ticks since I have gotten my new job..I know that we are terrible right now, but I am going to try and make a couple of the games this week or next week...
No worries, man. We'll hit it up next season.
  • 3 weeks later...

They are probably going to have to deal either Hanson along with Jordan Schafer and either Yunel Escobar or Kelly Johnson to get Peavy but the way the Braves are talking they don't want to give up prospects. Only time will tell but I doubt they are going to get him for much less. If the Braves don't get a trade in and wait for free agency they will have to shell out alot to get a solid veteran arm in there IMO. But stranger things have happened so we will see.

They are probably going to have to deal either Hanson along with Jordan Schafer and either Yunel Escobar or Kelly Johnson to get Peavy but the way the Braves are talking they don't want to give up prospects. Only time will tell but I doubt they are going to get him for much less. If the Braves don't get a trade in and wait for free agency they will have to shell out alot to get a solid veteran arm in there IMO. But stranger things have happened so we will see.
You mean like the Twins giving up Santana for a deal centered around Phil Humber?I could see that happening here, if SD is really set on cutting payroll. I think Wren's initial offer should be somewhere along the lines of Kris Medlen, Cole Rohrbough, Charlie Morton, and either Schafer or Gorkys. To me, Hanson, Jason Heyward, and Yunel are untouchable.There's also Tyler Flowers, who looks good but is blocked by McCann.Or, if the plan is to acquire a corner OFer also, why not build a package around Francoeur, move KJ to RF, and give Prado a chance to play 2B?
On the way to work Monday evening, I was able to listen to the final few minutes of a Skip Caray tribute on 750am (even though I’m in Louisiana). I must admit I choked back a few tears. I remember the Braves’ bad years in the late 70’s and 80’s. Even in the dismal days of late summer, when the team had no hope of contention, I‘d watch the game and enjoy Skip’s commentary – witty, sarcastic, and always entertaining.Whenever I hear Skip’s name, his call of the 1992 NLCS rings through my head… “BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN!”I was lucky enough to be at that game. It was without a doubt the most exciting moment in sports that I will ever witness live.For those who don’t remember that game 7, the Braves were down 2-1, 2 outs, with bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th. Francisco Cabrera was at the plate (for his 11th at-bat of the season), with Sid Bream (possibly the slowest runner in MLB) on second. Cabrera got a hit to left field, and Bream narrowly beat the throw by the Pirates left fielder Barry somebody ( :club: )Here’s a recap of that game: Game 7 1992 NLCSTo hear Skip’s call from that game go to the link on this page:Skip Caray WGST PageI watched the game from the upper level in left field. I was also an amateur photographer, and witnessed the final play through my camera lens. Of course that was before we all had digital cameras, so I had to wait a couple of days to see if the shots were any good.Here are a couple of pictures that I had framed:DSC01615.jpgSkip: "What Tension. The runners lead. A lot of room in right center. If he hits one there, we can dance in the streets. The 2-1...Swung, line drive, left field! One run is in! Here comes Bream! Here’s the throw to the plate! He is...SAFE! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! Braves win!..." DSC01616.jpg"...They may have to hospitalize Sid Bream. He’s down at the bottom of a huge pile at the plate! They help him to his feet. Frank Cabrera got the game-winner! The Atlanta Braves are National League Champions again! This crowd has gone berserk!"I remember using a magnifying glass to study every fan in each of the photos. Ted, Jane, Jimmy, and Rosalyn are in the owners box. The anticipation and reaction of the fans is priceless. Grown men hugging, etc...The place went nuts for what seemed like forever. And yes, Skip, we danced in the streets that night.Great times.
dude those pictures are priceless!!!! nice shots....my god that night was just surreal.....gonna be sooo weird next year without Skip and Pete