An Atlanta Braves Thread

Splitting with Arizona is not bad at all.....I really think we can take 5 out of 6 in Cincy and Milwaukee....we'll see I guess...Smoltz coming to the big club on Tues. btw
Smoltz's return has now been pushed back. Prolly will make one more rehab appearance and then join the Braves at some point on the road trip.
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

Smoltz's return has now been pushed back. Prolly will make one more rehab appearance and then join the Braves at some point on the road trip.
he's coming back on June 2nd against Florida, he wont be on the road trip
GD it. Sac flies should be illegal.
The Braves are so frustrating on the road right now. It is so mental for them. They have to figure out how to win on the road and do it soon. I really thought the they would get this trip started out right with Huddy on the mound and against the struggling Brewers, but I guess I was wrong.....

Anyone else wondering WTF Cox was thinking when he sent Huddy out when he had a few guys up in the pen already? I know the pen uas been working a lot of innings lately, but what's two more when you have a fresh (albeit crap) arm in Buddy Carlisle?

Anyone else wondering WTF Cox was thinking when he sent Huddy out when he had a few guys up in the pen already? I know the pen uas been working a lot of innings lately, but what's two more when you have a fresh (albeit crap) arm in Buddy Carlisle?
He normally leaves it up to Hudson and Smoltz for when they're coming out if they're throwing well, so my guess is that Huddy told him that he felt alright. I thought he was beginning to lose it a little in the 7th (he was def getting hit harder those last couple of innings). He was also prolly trying to save the bullpen a little as well. I mean we have had 2 starters come out before the 5th inning was over in the last few days because of blisters. Meh it was prolly a combination of a few things.My biggest question was why could we only score 2 runs all game against a pitcher with a +6 ERA and had been sent down to the minors once already this year?Hopefully we can have a better game and maybe some better luck tonight (Milwaukee had about 4 broken bat hits in the last 3 or 4 innings last night).

...seriously, Braves? Seriously? This is still a struggle? Can't win on the road? Can't win the coin flips?

...seriously, Braves? Seriously? This is still a struggle? Can't win on the road? Can't win the coin flips?
It's getting a little unsettling. Is there anyway we could put Chipper in the batting order like 3-4 times?
Wow....words can't even describe how bad this whole road ordeal is right now. Still haven't won a 1-run game on the road so far, and now they're finding worse and worse ways to lose them now.
4/5 on base. That's not too bad. I think I like this Chipper character.
He's a sicko. If he doesn't beat Wright in the All-Star balloting (Chipper's currently ahead by ~100k votes), something will seriously be wrong.
He's a sicko. If he doesn't beat Wright in the All-Star balloting (Chipper's currently ahead by ~100k votes), something will seriously be wrong.
David Wright, David Wright...well under .300...never heard of him. Does he maybe play double A ball or something?
What he's doing this year is simply incredible! He has a .500 OBP....if Wright beats him out for the All Star game it will be the 2nd award/honor he has taken from Chipper in the last year (last seasons Gold Glove). Would be nice if Tex can go a tear behind him so he doesn't get walked twice a game though.
What he's doing this year is simply incredible! He has a .500 OBP....if Wright beats him out for the All Star game it will be the 2nd award/honor he has taken from Chipper in the last year (last seasons Gold Glove). Would be nice if Tex can go a tear behind him so he doesn't get walked twice a game though.
The All Star balloting is a joke. I'm pretty sure the Mets homers are going to come out in full force to put Wright in, though.
At least Turner Field is still good to us. Another good homestand could have us back on top.
Hopefully a win like last night's can help turn a season around. It happened in '04 when we were under .500 and J.D. Drew hit a HR in the bottom of the 9th to win the game for us. We went on to win something like 20 of our next 24 and won the division going away. It would really be a nice time for a winning streak with 3 more against the Fish and then 3 with the Phils following that.