An Atlanta Braves Thread

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

Double whammy for Chuck- his head is screwy and his mechanics are whacked. Charlie Morton better be ready soon.
He def needs to go down and work on the mental and physical aspects of pitching.I've heard that we want to leave Morton in Richmond until sometime around the All Star break. They want him to get a few more starts in the minors since he just made the mechanics change in the middle of last season.I think that we will try to get Campillo a few starts (first one being today) and see if he can get the job done....if not I'm assuming that we'll prolly bring Bennett back out of the 'pen for a few starts until Morton comes up.This is a big series for us...need to take at least 2 would be nice if we could get 3 though.

Unfortunately had to work and made no games tonight..........give me a DH sweep of the Mets!!! Let's keep this going and just give me a chance of a sweep!

Campillo looked great last night. I didn't realize just how nasty his offspeed stuff is. If Jo Jo can continue to improve, then this season just took a huge turn for the positive. The bats are heating up, the pitching is looking up (especially the bullpen), and we've just won 4 of 5 from two pretty good teams to move into second place. Now, if only the DBacks can manage to beat Florida...

Campillo was filthy last night. Like Cox said, his off-speed pitches are so good that it makes his fastball look 95 rather than the 85-89 that he throws. His change-up is just about unhittable it seems.Yesterday was the best fundamental baseball that we have played all year. We worked the count extremely well (especially in the first game against Maine), we moved runners over when we needed to, and we finally got some clutch hitting in key spots.Let's hope that Jurrjens and Huddy come out and throw well today and tom and try to take at least 3 of 4 from those hated Mets.I'm pretty confident that the D'Backs will take care of the fish tonight with Webb on the mound (knock on wood).

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 4 game sweep of the Mets, first since '03! The atmosphere at Turner was the best that there has been all year. Huddy made 2 mistakes all night and was absolutely filthy the rest of the night. The 7th inning was a thing of beauty. It was the definition of how baseball should be played. A combination of fundamental baseball and clutch hitting. Now if we could only get the Fish and the Phils to lose a damn game we'd be alright.A couple of tidbits on what the Braves did to Santana tonight. The 12 hits that we had off of him were the most that he has given up in a game in his career. And this was only the 4th time in his career that he has struck out fewer than 2 batters in a game.

I'm mostly excited about Jurrjens' season. Our pitching is getting so old, it's nice to see some promising youth at our top level. He came from Detroit, correct?
We got him from Detroit in the Renteria deal. And you're right he is def one that I'm extremely excited about. We need him, Reyes, and a few other of the young pitchers to step up since most likely Glavine nor Smoltz will be in the rotation next year.
We got him from Detroit in the Renteria deal. And you're right he is def one that I'm extremely excited about. We need him, Reyes, and a few other of the young pitchers to step up since most likely Glavine nor Smoltz will be in the rotation next year.
Bad deal for Det, no? I'd think they needed young pitching more than another bat. Am I wrong? Can someone explain Detroit's thinking?
Bad deal for Det, no? I'd think they needed young pitching more than another bat. Am I wrong? Can someone explain Detroit's thinking?
So far it has def been a better deal for the Braves especially considering that they got one of Detroit's young outfield prospects as well. But you also have to keep in mind that they made this deal before the Cabrera deal so they might have thought they needed another bat at that point, and on top of that they really wanted to move Guillen from SS to 1st and this allowed them to do that.All this being said, I am sure there are more than a few people in Detroit questioning this move right about now.
Don't let the Marlins show you guys up - please sweep the Dbacks like they did. I'd even settle for 2/3 if you deplete their bullpen a bunch. :club:
It's a 4 game series and I would like to take 3/4 if at all possible. It's going to be diffucult though because I really don't like the pitching matchups all that much. The D'Backs have lost 6 in a row on the road, so let's hope that their road futility will continue a bit longer.Friday: JoJo Reyes vs Doug Davis (will be a real emotional game for them with Davis coming back from cancer, will be hard to overcome that)Sat: Campillo vs Johnson (like this matchup a lot for the Braves)Sun: Glavine vs Owings (Owings shut the Braves down the one time he faced them last year, and hit 2 bombs that game!)Mon: Jurrjens vs Webb (cannot wait for this one!)
It's a 4 game series and I would like to take 3/4 if at all possible. It's going to be diffucult though because I really don't like the pitching matchups all that much. The D'Backs have lost 6 in a row on the road, so let's hope that their road futility will continue a bit longer.Friday: JoJo Reyes vs Doug Davis (will be a real emotional game for them with Davis coming back from cancer, will be hard to overcome that)Sat: Campillo vs Johnson (like this matchup a lot for the Braves)Sun: Glavine vs Owings (Owings shut the Braves down the one time he faced them last year, and hit 2 bombs that game!)Mon: Jurrjens vs Webb (cannot wait for this one!)
4 game series? Even better! On a side note, I was really glad the Dodgers did the Atl/Fla trip early in the year rather then in the summer when the heat/humidity will be horrible. Too bad the DBacks are getting it out of the way early as well.

Bobby just signed a contract extension through the '09 season! This is great to see....him and John Schuerholz revived baseball in Atlanta, and he should be able to manage as long as he chooses to do so. Great to see.

Bobby just signed a contract extension through the '09 season! This is great to see....him and John Schuerholz revived baseball in Atlanta, and he should be able to manage as long as he chooses to do so. Great to see.
I was a little surprised to see this. I've always thought that Bobby would hand the team over to Pendleton next season.

I hate the Braves. I am sick of seeing the mets get destroyed by you guys ever freakin year in that stupid ugly stadium. And your tomahawk chop is like a nightmare come true.

Thought it was interesting that the article didn't mention any numbers.

Frenchy's walk-off homer has earned him a reprieve, and now receiving top drunken insult-hurling priority is Tex. This may have been discussed, but what's the general feeling on Teixeira(sp?)'s place on the team, come deadline time? Think will move him for something including a young pitcher or what? Hopefully he'll have picked up his hitting by then.

Mon: Jurrjens vs Webb (cannot wait for this one!)
Here-here. Dutch during inning 1, drink 3: "You call that a strike, you slippery-cunted ****-up?"Dutch during inning 3, drink 10: "Fag! FAGS!"Dutch during inning 7, licking cotton candy off the ground in front of his seat: "WWWEEEEEBBBBB...WWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBB? MORE LIKE A WEBB OF LIES! FAG HAT! HAHAHA"Person in the row behind Dutch, who decidedly is not his mother: "That's not Webb, you lush, they pulled him in the 5th. And would you mind the language around my son?"Dutch, saying the last thing he says while still welcome at Turner Field: "You're not my mother, twat-for-brains. BBBAAAASSSEEEEBBBAAAAAAAALLLLLLL! HAHAHAHA" It's going to be a good game.
Frenchy's walk-off homer has earned him a reprieve, and now receiving top drunken insult-hurling priority is Tex. This may have been discussed, but what's the general feeling on Teixeira(sp?)'s place on the team, come deadline time? Think will move him for something including a young pitcher or what? Hopefully he'll have picked up his hitting by then.
I truly believe that Teixiera likes being a Brave, but with Boras as his agent I don't think that we have much of a chance to resign him. I can guarantee that we won't deal him at the deadline though. Chipper loves having him hit behind and they really don't want to mess with that, especially right now.Played so well against the Mets and this has been a bad series for us. Haven't played well in any game. Campillo and Bennett saved us in game 2. Have to beat Webb today for a split.........And Cox's contracts are never discussed......it has never been mentioned to the media how much he makes.....just an fyi

If we can get the split today it will actually feel like winning the series imo. We had awful pitching match ups and i kinda figured Arizona would give us some extra strong performances after getting swept by Florida. REALLY looking forward to seeing this match up today....Go Braves!

If we can get the split today it will actually feel like winning the series imo. We had awful pitching match ups and i kinda figured Arizona would give us some extra strong performances after getting swept by Florida. REALLY looking forward to seeing this match up today....Go Braves!
ship it, on to Milwauke.........would be nice to get a road series sweep.......i have a good feeling about this one

Assuming Smoltz and Glavine retire, there's a lot of money coming off the books next year which can be put towards Teixeira. Hopefully that, combined with a nagging wife, will be enough to get him to accept a hometown discount.Plus, a run to the WS might get Liberty Media to open up the checkbook a little wider this offseason.

Assuming Smoltz and Glavine retire, there's a lot of money coming off the books next year which can be put towards Teixeira. Hopefully that, combined with a nagging wife, will be enough to get him to accept a hometown discount.Plus, a run to the WS might get Liberty Media to open up the checkbook a little wider this offseason.
Splitting with Arizona is not bad at all.....I really think we can take 5 out of 6 in Cincy and Milwaukee....we'll see I guess...Smoltz coming to the big club on Tues. btw