• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Devan Dubnyk got a 1st place vote for the Vezina! That's pretty great, Dubey!

If I saw the results right, he got 6 1st-place votes for the Hart!? Top votes are not really deserved, but pretty goddamn awesome, and finishing top-5 in Hart and Vezina sure is incredible, especially for a guy that was getting crap minutes for the Oilers not long ago.

If I saw the results right, he got 6 1st-place votes for the Hart!? Top votes are not really deserved, but pretty goddamn awesome, and finishing top-5 in Hart and Vezina sure is incredible, especially for a guy that was getting crap minutes for the Oilers not long ago.

Its not because of the family connection Im going to argue this, but I honestly believe a good argument can be made for DDub for the Hart. I mean, can you say there was anyone else who made such a drastic difference in his teams win-loss record in the games he played, vs the games he didnt play? Whether it was all him or not, Minnesotas whole season turned the minute he got there it seemed. If thats not Hart, I dont know what is, ie most valuable player.

• Like 1

Its not because of the family connection Im going to argue this, but I honestly believe a good argument can be made for DDub for the Hart. I mean, can you say there was anyone else who made such a drastic difference in his teams win-loss record in the games he played, vs the games he didnt play? Whether it was all him or not, Minnesotas whole season turned the minute he got there it seemed. If thats not Hart, I dont know what is, ie most valuable player.

I'd say Price made a drastic difference lol

I'd say Price made a drastic difference lol

fair enough, although I dont know the numbers when he didnt play.

tough part with my contention is that you have no idea how Washington would have done without Ovechkin in the lineup, so hard to argue.

But I stand by my contention that Dubnyk was incredibly valuable to his franchise.

fair enough, although I dont know the numbers when he didnt play.

tough part with my contention is that you have no idea how Washington would have done without Ovechkin in the lineup, so hard to argue.

But I stand by my contention that Dubnyk was incredibly valuable to his franchise.

With a great starter who plays almost all the games comparing when they play and when they don't often isn't a useful stat since they will usually put the backup in against the weaker teams so the back ups results will often look better than their actual performance level. It's why the Leafs faced so many back up goalies last year.

Take this from a guy that hates Carey Price( ya ya) and the Habs..

I am fairly confident if Carey Price was on the 2015 Leafs(sans Carlyle firing) and Bernier/Reimer on the Habs, the Leafs would be in the playoffs and Montreal outside looking in..

This is why Price deserves the MVP..Without him that team is pretty bad...

You can say that about a lot of players like Dubnyk, but not to the extent of Price's season.

Not sure why this became about Price...............ah wait, now that I re-read some of the posts, I think I gave the impression that I thought DD > Price for the Hart. That was not my argument, I was just saying I thought DD was a credible Hart candidate, and a fairly worthy vote getter.

Take this from a guy that hates Carey Price( ya ya) and the Habs..

I am fairly confident if Carey Price was on the 2015 Leafs(sans Carlyle firing) and Bernier/Reimer on the Habs, the Leafs would be in the playoffs and Montreal outside looking in..

This is why Price deserves the MVP..Without him that team is pretty bad...

You can say that about a lot of players like Dubnyk, but not to the extent of Price's season.

Without Price the team wouldn't play the same way lol

didn't get a sniff in Montreal and was actually playing in Hamilton.

--

Seems like he's been a discussion point for the talking heads for a while (they seem to love/hate), no idea what his underlying numbers are but wonder this contributes anything to the fancy stats discussion.

He was actually Hamilton's 3rd goalie.

It's a combination of a lot of things for Dubnyk IMO. Lot of luck played into his opportunity. When he finally got a chance he ran with it. Wasnt Price injured during Dubnyk s montreal stint?

He deserves all the accolades and hopefully he will be an extremely rich man next week.

I don't know how much luck played into it unless you consider it lucky he ended up in Phoenix with the chance to work with Sean Burke. I think Dubnyk showed a lot of perseverance and I think it took a lot of hard work to find his game. Burke is a goalie guru!

I don't know how much luck played into it unless you consider it lucky he ended up in Phoenix with the chance to work with Sean Burke. I think Dubnyk showed a lot of perseverance and I think it took a lot of hard work to find his game. Burke is a goalie guru!

I didnt mean he was lucky per se..But if he didnt catch a break he could of been buried in the minors for a long time...He was lucky in that they gave him the opportunity and he showed that he is a top notch NHL goalie..

Goes to show you that lot of top NHL people arent that good at talent evaluation...

4 organizations gave up on him , in just over a year.

He is the true definition of Bill Masterton IMO.