• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

If I'm Mike Richards i would lawyer up ASAP and sue the Kings, NHL , the Internet and whomever I can.

IF he had a proper prescriptions that is.

I think this might get interesting

It's a union issue. They'll either reach an agreement or an arbitrator will decide.

The Penguins have a lot of money tied up in 5 players!

they would make a great fantasy AHL team. NHL Cup contender? will be interesting to see.

I dont know, I dont trust Rutherford like I used to. I dont know if this Kessel move will work.

Someone tweeted this...lololol

2015-16 PENGUINS ROSTER

Kessel - Crosby - Malkin

guy - guy - guy

guy - guy - guy

guy - guy - guy

Letang - guy

guy-guy

guy-guy

Fleury

guy

• Like 1

they would make a great fantasy AHL team. NHL Cup contender? will be interesting to see.

I dont know, I dont trust Rutherford like I used to. I dont know if this Kessel move will work.

Nope. It doesn't make a great AHL fantasy team to pay so much for 5 super stars, I'm living proof.

I love the change to OT

Me too. Anything to reduce the numbers of times the outcome of a game is decided by a shootout. I didn't know there was already a rule about forfeiting the game point if a goalie is pulled in OT and the team loses. I guess I've never seen it happen.

I love the offsides review and coaches challenge. I'm guessing it's going to be used instead of just calling a time out every single time a team wants to call a timeout after a stoppage in their own zone during a long shift. There's no downside to challenging the entry unless I'm missing something.

I'm not sure about the goalie interference replay and challenge but it shows the NHL's intent on trying to get the calls right. Other sports should take note.

So if Voynov is deported this should end his NHL career? Khl would be a great option

Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw 33m33 minutes ago

Mike Richards, OxyContin and the Termination of His Contract http://onforb.es/1GRHz3k

I m sure Richards and the Nhlpa have a case. What are the chances if Doughty or Kopitar were in the same situation? Almost zero chance they have their contract terminated

"Here’s the new development: following the Kings’ termination Richards’s contract on the basis of a “material breach”, it was reported that Richards was allegedly taken into custody at the Canadian/U.S. border in connection with the unlawful possession of OxyContin pills."

Not the smartest pill in the box (pun intended) -- seems like it would be an obvious search by border control.

Just discovered hockeyscap.com.

I find its the best site for salary cap info now.

Chris Pronger only athlete ever to get traded and named to the Hall of fame within 48 hours.

Thanks for posting this. I found this very interesting as you know.

I also think that it is a business since as they stated that Berger started it from Day 1 after he left. Generally CRA does not bother a person but his claims were high, that is why he hit the radar.

Even though the losses were high he was able to claim it against his severance (if it was not lump sum but paid out over the 21 months) and recoup some tax savings.

Not trying to troll the Penguin fans:

I think the Pens adding Phil Kessel, would be sort of like the Jays adding Albert Pujols..I mean sure its great to have but the team has other needs.

Instead of adding another high priced offensive player, maybe they would be suited to add more cap friendly guys like the Leafs have been adding..Cheaper 3rd and 4th line guys that can eat up minutes and contribute..Also the lack of depth on defence is where they were exposed last year

Not trying to troll the Penguin fans:

I think the Pens adding Phil Kessel, would be sort of like the Jays adding Albert Pujols..I mean sure its great to have but the team has other needs.

Instead of adding another high priced offensive player, maybe they would be suited to add more cap friendly guys like the Leafs have been adding..Cheaper 3rd and 4th line guys that can eat up minutes and contribute..Also the lack of depth on defence is where they were exposed last year

Im assuming there is a plan of some kind in place where they trade a Kunitz and/or Scuderi to fill such holes.

Im assuming there is a plan of some kind in place where they trade a Kunitz and/or Scuderi to fill such holes.

If they trade Kunitz, then its gets pretty slim after that..

it will be interesting to see how it turns out..In a cap world its very dangerous what the Penguins are committing too...The Hawks have managed to keep on top buy filling out the bottom end consistently .

The salary cap world is very tough to manage..

In 2021 the Penguins will have $32 million in salary to:

Crosby 33

Malkin 34

Kessel 33

Letang 35

Thats pretty dangerous, but if you can win 2 cups getting there, it definetely might be worth it.

Every ****ing day people are like "the Penguins need wingers" for like the past 5 years. We add Kessel and it's now "the Pens had other needs." Ok?

To be fair, I thought the winger thing was overhyped anyways, with Horny, Perron, Kunitz already there, but still, that seems to have been the need the media identified at least.

And ya man, the D needs help. Scuderi is a big time anchor here. Need someone like the Leafs to take him. They'll be asking a lot of the kids like Pouliot, Maatta, and maybe Dumoulin. I'd still like to see a top 4 D added, but with Scuderi there, there's no cap.