Random Hockey Observations

I think the quality of hockey has been great. I think you guys may lose interest because fantasy hockey is all but over and you don't have a vested interest.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I think the quality of hockey has been great. I think you guys may lose interest because fantasy hockey is all but over and you don't have a vested interest.

I think thats definetly part of it for me, but I dont have any fantasy baseball or football pools go into the playoffs, and I seem to watch some of those playoffs?

I really think its a weather/time of year thing for me. PLUS the fantasy sports stuff, which is my own 'emotional investment', being over, lends to a withdrawal.

That said, I did watch some of the MTL-OTT series and I didnt think that was great hockey at all. At least the little I did watch, didnt impress me. Maybe once we get some game 6's/7's, Ill be more interested. 3-0 series leads are boring. :)

I'm at 3% or so. I sometimes check scores, but that's about it. I'm legitimately concerned about the state of the league, as far as reduced scoring and lack of calls. It feels like the league is going to regress to where it was in the early 2000's, but maybe that's just me.

I agree with you on this, I think its getting really bad again. Way too much being let go.

It's absurd. The level of stuff defensemen get away with in front of the net is idiotic. For some reason there seems to have developed this culture that the you're fair game if you are near the net. It's idiotic. There's no rules stating that. A cross check is a cross check is a cross check. Officials are making it beyond difficult to get to the net, which, not coincidentally, is where like 90% of the goals are scored from. Close in. No wonder scoring is down. D-men are allowed free reign against anybody who tries to get near a scoring area. Why? Who knows.

What needs to happen is that the NHL needs to start implementing the rules that are in the friggen rule book, before they start doing crazy things like increasing the size of the nets or going 4 on 4 or 3 on 3, etc.

It will naturally lead to a huge number of power plays early on, but players will adapt quickly, and obstruction and interference will be removed from the game, mostly, and skill players will be allowed to actually utilize their skills.

Maybe we need a new way to officiate the game. Maybe somebody with a wide view of the ice, connected to a ref on the ice with a headset or whatever. Something, so that all this garbage doesn't go uncalled.

• Like 1

It's funny that I said Anaheim seems like a re-tread, having won in 2005.... Tampa won in 2004 and we're all over them to have a "new" winner. LOL.

Calgary or Washington, or to that extent, even New York and Montreal, are the possible "new winners" left.

its not so much about the organization for me, as it is the players.

i dont think tampa has a single player left since the Cup win. While some of Ana's best players are still there.

I have this ugly feeling in my gut that the Habs are going to win this series...It will be epic, and we will never hear the end of it..

Please dont let this happen...

Good win for the Bolts...

Will be interesting if they can build some momentum and keep it going..

does anyone know how the elimination round of the WC works? If Can beats Belarus tomorrow, is the matchup preset for the winner of another game? Couldnt find it on iihf.com for some reason

edit: nm, i found it, Can-Bel winner vs FIN-CZE winner

So its CAN-BEL winner vs FIN CZE winner in one bracket

USA-SUI winner vs RUS-SWE winner in the other.

Does anyone see a schedule of the next round, or maybe handicap some dates for me.

I am in Los Angeles area from May 19 to 23...Ideally if there was a game on the 19th in Anaheim it would be perfect..Love to go see a playoff game(insert leafs joke at your will)

Thats strange, you would think there would be something for the WCF by now.

with games 1+2 in ANA, I think your best bet is to hope game 5 in ANA falls on 22nd/23rd. Im guessing the series has to start by Friday/Saturday...if not earlier.

be a great game to see live probably, game 5.

EDIT: I just read that game 1 will probably start Sunday in Anaheim probably. If thats true, maybe you could see game 2 on Tues the 19th?

Thats a long rest, seems stupid to have hockey off the TV for so long this time of year.

Thats strange, you would think there would be something for the WCF by now.

with games 1+2 in ANA, I think your best bet is to hope game 5 in ANA falls on 22nd/23rd. Im guessing the series has to start by Friday/Saturday...if not earlier.

be a great game to see live probably, game 5.

EDIT: I just read that game 1 will probably start Sunday in Anaheim probably. If thats true, maybe you could see game 2 on Tues the 19th?

Thats a long rest, seems stupid to have hockey off the TV for so long this time of year.

Thanks. It's a longshot but it will be fun. 19th is the perfect day. Any other day I have to do driving from Fresno.

GG Caps..

Blew a 3-1 lead ..

Rangers first team every to come back from 3-1 in back to back seasons

This is just about perfect

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 19h19 hours ago

BREAKING: Canadian PM Stephen Harper & Gov. Rick Snyder announce new Detroit-Windsor bridge to be named - 'Gordie Howe International Bridge'

Just found this on FB.... :)

A guy walks into a bar and orders an Ovechkin. The bartender looks confused and asks: "What the heck is an Ovechkin?" The guy says: "It's a White Russian with no ice and no cup."

• Like 1

This is not meant as a reply to Dave's joke (which I found pretty funny) but I am really impressed that Ovechkin is joining the national team to play at the Worlds.